• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Silicon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makattack202

guy with the torterra pfp
Years
So after a few years of attempting to ROM hack, I have now moved instead to Pokemon Essentials.
This is my first fangame, or game in general, so I am a beginner at this. Pokemon Essentials is far more flexible and at least easier than Rom Hacking. Or at least to me, it is.
PLEASE NOTE: Any and all screenshots and information that is listed is subject to change.

Pokémon Silicon

Plot
Spoiler:

Features
Spoiler:

Eolas Region
Spoiler:

New Mega Evolutions
Spoiler:

New Types
Light Type
Spoiler:

Space Type
Spoiler:

Magic Type
Spoiler:

Characters
Spoiler:

Progress
The game is currently in a very early Alpha. Most areas are still being mapped, and many events and character sprites have yet to be made.
I should note, while I can handle the eventmaking and storyboarding, I am not so sure about the mapping and spriting. While I can do both of those on my own, if anyone would like to revise any of my sprites, I would happily welcome you. And mapping advice would be nice as well.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Credits

Spoiler:

Feedback would be nice.

Last edited:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
New types are always fun to play around with. Keep up the good work.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
You should work out with the maps, the forest is empty, and the city has empty spaces, the walking tiles have no unique connection, they look symmetrical, try something random, like the randomness of Turas Town.

LeahB

Le-ha88
Years
Sounds interesting.I love the fact that your region design is based on Ireland. Such a beautiful place. The outline always reminded me of a fairy, haha. The features are pretty cool. I like the idea of harder gyms. That'll certainly make things more challenging.

A couple of things I'm wondering about... Do you already have ideas for possible fakemon or is that just something that you're considering adding? Also, do you plan to have other explorable regions later on?

Makattack202

Years
Sounds interesting.I love the fact that your region design is based on Ireland. Such a beautiful place. The outline always reminded me of a fairy, haha. The features are pretty cool. I like the idea of harder gyms. That'll certainly make things more challenging.

A couple of things I'm wondering about... Do you already have ideas for possible fakemon or is that just something that you're considering adding? Also, do you plan to have other explorable regions later on?

I do have a few ideas for Fakemon. The reason that I am unsure of adding them is because I both doubt that I have enough ideas, and that I am not good at spriting from scratch.

And I may consider making a new region, but I would rather finish what I have before I make it.

LeahB

Le-ha88
Years
I do have a few ideas for Fakemon. The reason that I am unsure of adding them is because I both doubt that I have enough ideas, and that I am not good at spriting from scratch.

And I may consider making a new region, but I would rather finish what I have before I make it.

Ah. I get what you mean about the fakemon. And the reason I was asking about another region is because it sounds difficult to squeeze all 718 Pokemon into just one region.

Makattack202

Years
Alright, I can now say that Delta Pokemon are now implemented, as well as all of the new types.
Unlike normal Pokemon, Delta Pokemon are going to be very few in number. You won't be able to find them in the wild naturally, and can only be found in sidequests and in a few hidden areas.
A few examples of them are right here.
Spoiler:

And while we're at it, here's a look at the new Pokedex. Or at least how I recolored it... You get the point.
OR0IfuP.png

Fun fact: As there are a whopping 95 Delta Pokemon, they will have a special Delta Pokedex. This will make it at least a little easier to track how many of them you have.

Since I'm in a good mood, I'll show off another Mega as well. The aforementioned Dragoniteite obviously has to have a Mega to go with it.

Mega Dragonite
Spoiler:

Mega Dragonite here is a monster. Tough Claws really compliments that high Attack and good movepool.
Aside from the ones I have already shown, there are still many more Mega Evolutions I have yet to show.
[S-HIGHLIGHT]If anyone would like to submit their own, though, I would be fine with it.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Makattack202

Years
Alright then. Progress on the game has been pulled back. But for a good reason.
I have an absolutely wonderful tileset and have been remodeling most of the maps.
So far I've only remodeled Saol Town and Turas Town.
How about we have a little comparison?
Saol Town
Spoiler:

Turas Town
Spoiler:

I say kudos to the people that made the tilesets and allowed me to use them. These tiles all look really nice.
I of course gave credit to them. Check it out if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back