• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think they made the Genesect army so they can show all of Genesects different drives, with the Shiny one representing the driveless Genesect, but made shiny to make it special. The same thing may happen with Mewtwo even if the ones assuming the formes are other Mewtwo's...which sort of ruins the uniqueness of Mewtwo as being the only Mew clone in the anime imo.

Also the concealed name may only be the name of the forme...perhaps it spoils how it's obtained...

Years
I haven't posted on these forums for a long time, but this felt important enough to bring be back.

Mewtwo is one of those core pokemon you just don't touch, so I hope they handle this really carefully. Although they'll struggle to impress me, because I'm still angry things like Pichu were ever made.

If anything, I hope it's just related and not a forme of Mewtwo because then it's easier to forget about.

This is a long shot but looking at the size of it, it could play a similar role to Phione (bred from Mewtwo, can't evolve).

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I haven't posted on these forums for a long time, but this felt important enough to bring be back.

Mewtwo is one of those core pokemon you just don't touch, so I hope they handle this really carefully. Although they'll struggle to impress me, because I'm still angry things like Pichu were ever made.

If anything, I hope it's just related and not a forme of Mewtwo because then it's easier to forget about.

This is a long shot but looking at the size of it, it could play a similar role to Phione (bred from Mewtwo, can't evolve).
I'm going to copy this over to the Smash Live Feed thread if you don't mind. It was revealed in that episode and thus this is being discussed, and your idea of being like Phione could add to that discussion.

Cyclone

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I really do think that Mewtwo from the first film has probably dedicated himself to seeking justice for Pokemon when it comes to their dealings with humans. He's probably mos sensitive when it comes to abominations like himself, which is why he's appearing again in the upcoming film with Genesect. The NewMew is probably one of the previous failed experiments in cloning mew, and there could even be more. I think the point of them is to tie into with the now obvious genetics them of X&Y, and the perfect opportunity to explain more on the Mew cloning experiments. I really think it's a separate Pokemon, and that this one along with possible other clones will be the key to fighting and calming the Genesects. MEWTWO's AWAKENING is still valid since the old Mewtwo has already proven to be quite the leader with Pokemon.

Years
Usually whenever a new legendary is being shown that legendary is the focus of the Movie, I find it odd that they wouldn't do that this time around if it does turn out to be a new Pokémon as it'll steal the spotlight from Mewtwo, and take even more of the light from Genesect.

Anyway a week until Corocoro...perhaps it'll show off the second forme, or other "clone".

blue

gucci
Years
Usually whenever a new legendary is being shown that legendary is the focus of the Movie, I find it odd that they wouldn't do that this time around if it does turn out to be a new Pokémon as it'll steal the spotlight from Mewtwo, and take even more of the light from Genesect.

Anyway a week until Corocoro...perhaps it'll show off the second forme, or other "clone".

Hopefully, either that or more details on what we already know and an answer to whether this new pokemon is in fact a new Pokemon or just a Mewtwo forme.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think we'll get much more information in CoroCoro at this point. I think they want it to be international so I doubt we'll get much because that'd not be very ~international~

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't think we'll get much more information in CoroCoro at this point. I think they want it to be international so I doubt we'll get much because that'd not be very ~international~
That's not necessarily true. In February, early leaks from CoroCoro revealed Sylveon. A day before CoroCoro's official release in Japan, Sylveon was officially revealed internationally outside of Japan through the official site. Newtwo was also officially revealed in an episode of Pokémon Smash, which is a Japanese show, but internationally the official site revealed it around the same time.

They can still reveal big things through CoroCoro if they want to regardless of it being a Japanese-specific magazine. The Pokémon Company clearly knows what will be in it ahead of time and will just update the official site either a day before, at the same time, or maybe a little while after to reveal it internationally.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh right, I forgot about that. But idk, we only just got MewZ info even still not so long ago, and given how slow they are with information, they might just end up making us wait another month (also we know more at this point than we did in Generation 5 despite information being slowww).

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well, imagine with the Japanese-only release how long we waited for information. :P

We got a little scoop this month. They won't reveal Sylveon's type yet. But my Ghost guess remains intact as my first instinct. I'm ust wondering if the pink could mean a new type instead of my second guess of Dragon.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont expect much more of this NewMew info, they might decide to hype it a bit more before revealing it so I wont be too dissapointed if that's the case. I dont expect anything else other than that from CoroCoro.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
This might be handy: all known theories so far:
h508173B0

TBH, theory #6 is something I have considered since this new Pokémon looks like a younger Mewtwo (though that wouldn't explain why it would lose its ability to know all TM's and HM's)

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
Sorry if this has been said, but does anyone think it could be Mewtwo + Mew using the DNA Splicer? Just thinking this due to the XY genetic link.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Sorry if this has been said, but does anyone think it could be Mewtwo + Mew using the DNA Splicer? Just thinking this due to the XY genetic link.
While it's not impossible, I don't see them using the DNA Splicers for Mew and Mewtwo here. It seems like a key item that's specific to just Kyurem and Zekrom or Reshiram.

As for how Newtwo fits in between Mew and Mewtwo, I'm kind of hoping it's a failed experiment and is its own Pokémon. If it's any sort of evolution or bridge evolution for Mewtwo and Mew, then I feel like that lessens their status as legendaries in a way.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I am perfectly happy with this Newtwo as long as it is its own thing, and not a new form of Mewtwo. They could do a lot with this new Pokemon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Both have a tail, or in Mewtwo's case what could pass for a tail. The new one has it on its head, like Jessie's hair (hence why that lovechild joke exists). It's not a splicer.

Cyclone

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I sincerely hope this Newtwo is legal to use in official battle facilities, depending if it's on the same ranks as Latios, Latias, Heatran, Regigigas, and Cressilia, because I would consider replacing Alakazam for this guy as my Psychic main.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
If it's a forme of Mewtwo, it may not be usable in official facilities. If it's it's own thing, it may or may not, hard to say. While Id like it to be it's own species, I'm prepared for it to just be a form.

Years
Well neither Mew and Mewtwo are allowed in the battle facilities so I'm guessing they'll do the same with the new clone/forme, unless if they were to give it a Slacking/Regigigas/ Archeops like ability.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This might be handy: all known theories so far:
h508173B0

TBH, theory #6 is something I have considered since this new Pokémon looks like a younger Mewtwo (though that wouldn't explain why it would lose its ability to know all TM's and HM's)

#3 to #6 have little to no chance of ever happening. #6 Can never happen. Mewtwo is the Clone of Mew. The two aren't directly linked through evolution. In essence Mew and Mewtwo are the same being living in the same time in separate bodies. They are their own individual persona's but they are the same being since one if made from the other.

There is very little, like 0%, chance of them linking the two through evolution or even evolving either of them. With Mewtwo existing before a Pre-evo and not having the ability to breed, there isn't much chance of it being mewtwo's pre-evo.

So #1 or #2 are the only possible answers.

I sincerely hope this Newtwo is legal to use in official battle facilities, depending if it's on the same ranks as Latios, Latias, Heatran, Regigigas, and Cressilia, because I would consider replacing Alakazam for this guy as my Psychic main.

If Mewtwo and Mew aren't high chance that this one won't either. If Mewtwo form, then we definitely can't use. If related then it would depend on how they make him. If he is as I think, another download/Event Legendary, then nope. He could be our new Victini after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back