• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Type: Fire
Game: Black 2
Badges: 5

I won't bother typing out a ridiculously long update this time. Elesa was easier than expected. I grinded a bit before challenging Clay, making sure to evolve Pignite and Darumaka. After that, Clay was a piece of cake. Emboar Arm Thrusted his Krokorok out of this world, and Darmanitan Flare Blitzed the rest ****less. Clay just showed me the PWT, I won, and now I'm off to catch Volcarona.

Here's my team so far:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Username:Goku9000
Type:poison
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s):Fire red crystal emerald platinum black

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2020
Username: rodygo
Type: Steel
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Pt

UPDATE
I got my starter, piplup from the proffesor.
I leveled my piplup to level 16 and now he is a prinplup!
After that I cought a onix in the oreburgh mine, and trained my onix to level 13!
I defeated the first gym and got my badge, that was easy because of prinplup, who has learned bubble!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Username: Aryan143
Type: Rock
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Ultimate
Game(s): Red, Crystal, Sapphire, Diamond, Black

Last edited:
Years
Ok, here is my 1st Ultimate Psychic monotype update!

Spoiler:

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
POKEMON YANG BLACK
Mono Fight Run

BADGES
6/8

TEAM AFTER 6
(So Much Grinding Skylah took a bit of work)
Mephiss(M) Rianara (F) Matt (M) Arken (M) Elana (F)
Spoiler:

SUMMARY
Spoiler:

PS: Sorry been very busy between this challenge another and having a hard month

Pekin

Years
Badges: 6

After defeating Clay and winning my first round in the PWT, I went to the Relic Castle and prepared myself for an endlessly tiring amount of soft resets for a Volcarona with a decent nature. Just my luck, the very first one turned out Calm, which I gladly accepted. So I moved on through Chargestone Cave, leveling my little Growlithe as much as possible in the process. He learns Flare Blitz at level 45, and I wanted to evolve him only after learning that. I arrived in Mistralton City, where I hurried of to the Celestial Tower to catch the sixth and final member of my team: Litwick. After a million tries, I finally caught a Modest one, and having gathered all my team members, I went outside to train the others up a bit before going back in there to grind Litwick up to level 41, where it evolved. I also evolved Growlithe after finally having leveled him up to level 45 - then I took on Skyla. She was fairly easy. Lampent wrecked her Swoobat, but I got over-confident and got destroyed by Swanna. Luckily, Arcanine managed to take it out with Outrage. Skarmory was torn apart by Darmanitan, but it took a few Flare Blitzes, because of ****ing Sturdy and Hyper Potion.

My team so far:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hey guys, I'm back with another update.
READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ THE UPDATE
Spoiler:

Pokemon FireRed Electric Update 1: New Beginnings (Because my old journey failed!)

What happened:
Spoiler:

My team:
Spoiler:

Alright, that's all for today! I probably won't be able to post an update for a couple of days, because I came down with a cold. Until next time!

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
I could compile a list of every type for each region, to avoid confusion BTW starting Water on Ruby
(I will be doing it by family)

Kanto

Grass
Spoiler:

Fire
Spoiler:

Water
Spoiler:

Normal
Spoiler:

Flying
Spoiler:

Bug
Spoiler:

Electric
Spoiler:

Poison
Spoiler:

Ground
Spoiler:

Fighting
Spoiler:

Psychic
Spoiler:

Rock
Spoiler:

Ice
Spoiler:

Ghost
Spoiler:

Dragon
Spoiler:

Steel
Spoiler:

Dark
Spoiler:

Tell me if I missed any pokemon or a type

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I could compile a list of every type for each region, to avoid confusion BTW starting Water on Ruby

I don't think that will be necessary. The list of first encounters was more a way to establish which runs you could hack in. I really like to avoid holding people's hands unless I really have to. And as things are, the first post is actually bigger than I would like. I'll probably look into ways to compact and streamline the post this week. Thanks for offering though!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
No you can leave it. Maybe I'll just throw a link in the first post to that post, since it's already there. I just don't want to make it longer than it needs to be.

If you wanna go ahead and do the other regions, I'll just do that. Just make sure that they're separated by at least one post so I can link them separately.

Last edited:
Years
Here is my second FireRed Psychic update!

Spoiler:

Pekin

Years
Badges: 8

After defeating Skyla, I rode her plane to Lentimas Town, where I wandered around the Strange House and Reversal Mountain, eventually evolving Lampent with a Dusk Stone I found. Arriving in Undella Town, I quickly made my way all the way to Opelucid City, where Mayor Drayden turned out to be the easiest Gym Leader so far. Clean Arcanine Outrage sweep, no trouble at all. Bit disappointing, but it's all good. Then Team Plasma showed up and started freezing all kinds of hell and causing trouble. This simply won't do, how am I supposed to become Unova's Fire-type master while these punks are yapping up about freezing Unova over and ****? I'm gonna have to do something! After chasing them off, I started making my way to Humilau City - but before that, I went hunting for shards, so I could teach Zen Headbutt to Darmanitan and Roost to Volcarona. Then I took on Marlon. Having taught Chandelure Energy Ball, he really wasn't too much trouble. Carracosta was annoying because of Sturdy and Hyper Potion. Wailord took a single Energy Ball and went down, and Jellicent took two hits from Chandelure's Shadow Ball and went down. Moving on!

My team so far:

Spoiler:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
So, small update on diamond, finished all eight gyms and made my way through victory road. Now going to go take on the Pokemon League.

Just finished by Diamond playthrough, now on to Black 2 to finish this thing

YjnZibP.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back