• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Ultimates (signup and OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamotz

Chronicler
Years
Pokemon: The Ultimates (OOC Thread)

Pokemon: The Ultimates

Team Rocket. Team Aqua. Team Magma. Team Galactic. In the last decade, these criminal organizations have wreaked havoc upon the world of Pokemon. Their goals have varied from monetary gain, to global domination, to global geography manipulation, to the manipulation of time and space themselves. And they've very nearly succeeded in their goals; every time, it was but a twist of fate that a few random trainers were able to overcome the odds and foil their plans.

But for S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage Logistics Directorate), the global peace-keeping and counterterrorist organization, depending on a few, random, young Pokemon trainers was unacceptable. After Team Galactic's near-success in using the time-altering and space-altering Pokemon (Dialga and Palkia) to recreate the world, S.H.I.E.L.D. set the Ultimates Initiative into motion. In conjunction with the world's Pokemon Leagues, the Ultimates would be S.H.I.E.L.D.'s elite team of trainers dedicated to thwarting the plans of the above-mentioned teams, and any other teams that might emerge.

Now there are rumors of a new criminal organization have surfaced. While the name of this organization is unknown (for now it is called Team X), S.H.I.E.L.D. intelligence suspects that the organization is seeking out a number of Legendary Pokemon. They have apparently shown special interest in the Legendary Pokemon Giratina and--to a lesser extent--Darkrai and Jirachi. "Team X" has also stolen the Red and Blue orbs from Mt. Pyre, the Rainbow Wing and the Silver Wing from Ecruteak City, and several ancient scrolls from museums; these texts belonged to a long-lost civilization and portain to an ancient prophecy. For what purpose, no one knows, but "Team X" is slowly growing in power and influence. It's time for the Ultimates to show their worth.

You're one of the Ultimates, elite Pokemon trainers that have been brought into S.H.I.E.L.D. to counter the efforts of criminal organizations like Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, and Galactic. You've been assigned to S.H.I.E.L.D. by one branch of the Pokemon League (Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh) to serve in the Ultimates. Now it's you're job to handle the remnants of these criminal organizations while also searching for clues about "Team X".

======

The Teams:

Team Rocket: The oldest and most well-organized of the known criminal organizations. Team Rocket has had their hands in almost every plot in Kanto and Johto. Their greatest accomplishment was the creation of Mewtwo from the DNA of Mew. But they lost control of Mewtwo he hasn't been seen since. Team Rocket also attempted to capture Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, the Legendary Birds, and the Legendary Beasts. After being foiled at every turn by a group of young trainers, the boss Giovanni disbanded Team Rocket.

Team Aqua and Team Magma: Team Aqua sought the super-ancient Kyogre to attempt to expand the seas and oceans, claiming that since life came from the waters, more water would be better for the planet. Team Magma sought the super-ancient Groudon to attempt to expand the landmasses, claiming that more land would allow for more places to live and more life to flourish. But both teams lost control of the super-ancient Pokemon, who fought each other in a titanic battle. It was Rayquaza who finally arrived to calm the two Pokemon and send them back to slumber. Aqua and Magma's leaders then reformed.

Team Galactic: The most recent of the criminal organizations, Team Galactic was run by a man named Cyrus who sought out Dialga and Palkia so that he could reorder time and space to make himself the supreme deity of Earth. Had it not been for the interference of a few young trainers, then Cyrus would have succeeded and we would be living in a vastly different world today. After being foiled, Cyrus vowed revenge.

======

S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage Logistics Directorate, is a global peacekeeping and counterterrorist organization that was formed many years ago to attempt to combat the threats of various criminal organizations. They met with great success until Giovanni took charge of Team Rocket. Giovanni was able to outwit and outmaneuver S.H.I.E.L.D. at every turn. However, when he reformed Team Rocket, he was sought out by S.H.I.E.L.D. to aid them against these organization. He began to improve S.H.I.E.L.D.'s capabilities and was then promoted to Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. It was Giovanni that first developed the Ultimates Initiative with the purpose of combating the various criminal organizations that exist throughout the world.

The Ultimates: The Ultimates is a joint-run team of elite trainers run by both S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Pokemon League. In a sense, they are "superheroes" to the public. They are dedicated to defending the world from organizations like Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, and Galactic. The Ultimates answer only to a select group of people:

--Giovanni: The Director of Shield, also the former Viridian City Gym Leader and reformed leader of Team Rocket
--Archie: The reformed Leader of Team Aqua
--Maxie: The reformed Leader of Team Magma
--Steven Stone: The initial field leader of the Ultimates and their liason to S.H.I.E.L.D.
The Regional Pokemon League Champions:
--Lance: the Kanto-Johto League Champion
--Wallace: the Hoenn League Champion
--Cynthia: the Sinnoh League Champion

=======
Your characters are just being recruited into the Ultimates. They're going through their normal lives for the first post and then they'll be recruited by agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Name:
Physical Description:
Personality:
Region From: (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh)
Region Currently In: (where your character is currently traveling through--doesn't need to be different)
History: (What you've done previous to this point. Be realistic: someone at 15 wouldn't have traveled through 15 different regions, beaten 120 Gyms and come in first in EVERY single league)
Pokemon: (a team of 6 Pokemon)

For your Pokemon...Fill out one for each Pokemon.

Name/Nickname:
Species:
Description and Personality: (Describe traits, personality, and history)

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
This is my first post on the boards as a whole and my first attempt in role-playing in a long time (feel free to reject me on that offense alone) but this thread seems interesting and gives me the whole "comic-book" feel so I figured I will give it a try. On to the important stuff:

Name: Christian
Physical Description: Standing at a tall 6" and a toned body, Christian oozes charm from his appearance alone. Christian also sports deep blue eyes and shaggy brown hair that doesn't earn as much attention has his body. As far as clothing is concerned, its obvious Christian travels due to his choice of ripped blue jeans, dirty sneakers, and plain gray t-shirt (due its design being eroded away.
Personality: In summery, Christian carries the worst and best traits any human could have. Christian's greatest strength and fault is his confidence. Never bogged by anything, he always has a winning attitude but occasionally his ego gets the best of him. At the same time, he will usually come as rude or insulting when in reality his is kind-hearted to a select group of people usually mentors. Christian has developed a lone wolf attitude and suffers from trust issues to his betrayals.
Region From: Johto
Current Region:: Sinnoh
History: (I will try to make this shorter than the others due to my lack of control) Coming from Violet City, Christian started as off as a popular student in the Acadamy but was quickly cast into the category of nerds from his best friend due a rumor about his crush. Despite the childish dispute, Christian graduated at the top of the class and received a Cyndaquil from Elm at the age of 14. From there, Christian took the Johto League challenge and collected the 8 badges before challenging the league. His challenge was denied by Lance in the final round and Christian drifted into depression. Christian since then wandered into Hoenn and then Sinnoh after persuasion from his relatives. In those regions, he focused on building a stronger party (including battling in the Battle frontier and a challenge of the Sinnoh League) in order to finally face Lance and earn the title he was so convinced was his.

Current Pokemon: Typhlosion, Absol, Lucario, Salamence, Metagross, Walrein

Pokemon Profiles

Name: Typhlosion (Occasionally called Flare)
Species: Typhlosion
Description and Personality: Christian's first and most reliable pokemon. He started off as a Cyndaquil and has traveled with Christian since the beginning. Of all his partners, Typhlosion shares the most in common including his confidence and determination in battle. Flare appears as any other member of his species with the exception that his flames appear brighter than some. He is also known to be a bully to others. He has proven to be Christian's favorite tool in battle due to his reliability and carried Christian's party in Johto up until the battle with Lance.

Name: Absol (Shadow)
Species: Absol
D and P (laziness): Obtained during his travels in Hoenn, Absol is the female equivalent to Flare in that Absol is quite the bully with an ego. However, Absol is in control of it more effectively that of Typhlosion. Absol is also that of Christian's princess in that she requires service and suffers from laziness and desires perfection. Absol showed itself to be a powerful pokemon requiring a long fight until its capture. At first a struggle to control, Christian managed to tame it and used it to dominate the battle frontier in Hoenn. Absol is well grommed pokemon but other than that holds no unique traits.

Name: Lucario
Species: Lucario
D/P: Christian received Lucario as a Riolu from his Uncle in Sinnoh upon his arrival in the region. Immediately taking a liking to Christian, Lucario became his most loyal and respectful Pokemon, to the point of brown nosing his master. Often outside its pokeball, Lucario became Christian's Pikachu during Sinnoh. Lucario's ability as a fighter has quickly evolved from nothingness to dangerous due Christian's schedule, becoming a powerful force and earning Christian's ranking as a celebrity in Sinnoh (due to his challenge of the Gym Leaders). Lucario like most of his party, holds no special features other than his tag on his neck that shows Christian's ownership.

Name: Metagross
Species: Metagross
D/P: Christian came across a lone Beldum in Meteor Falls during his journey in Hoenn. Through a plan, He cornered the pokemon and captured it and diligently trained the little thing till its evolution. Metagross is the rebel of the group and it started off least obedient pokemon but one of his strongest. After a while, Metagross proved to be reliable and usable in battle, but occassionally refuses to listen if fighting what he believes to be weak opponents. Metagross is Christian's only shiny, sporting a gray exterior.

Name: Salamence (Draco)
Species: Salamence
D/P: Caught as a weak Bagon while in Hoenn, Salamence holds the rank of Secret Weapon and Christian's strongest force especially in high stress battles. Salamence is a ironic twist is in reality Christian's nicest and most affectionate of his pokemon and proves to a be a naive individual. Salamence is unnaturally large for his species standing at an impressive 6'5 instead of the standard smaller size.

Name: Tusks
Species: Walrein
D/P: Caught as a Sealeo in Sinnoh, Tusks is the newest entry into his party. Lazy, slow but strong, she proves to be a notable and solid member to Christian's party. A weaker battler than the rest of the party, Tusks shows improvement every day depsite its lack of motivation. Tusks is a standard female Walrein in terms of appearance, with its nickname being nothing more than a cruel joke.

And thats it, I am open to suggestions and ideas. I am more than willing to edit and improve. Thanks for time if you read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back