• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing the entrance speed of battlers

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
Really simple, i guess.

I'd like to increase the speed of the incoming Pokmeon and our Player sprite upon the start of a battle.

Thanks,

Bowlstir

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
On line 2006 of Pokemon_ActualScene is "appearspeed = 8". Change that to a higher number perhaps? Not sure if that could indirectly break anything though (like battleboxes appearing in time correctly etc).

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
I planned to have a look on that too. After a quick test, it works for the pokémon entrances but it makes this too:

b2RcBGc.png

The black things (for the opening screen) aren't fast enough and get stuck here during the battle. Trying to check this.

(about the wrong position for battler sprites, it's normal since I upgraded from v14 to v15 and I didn't changed the gif sprites positions)

Edit : it breaks the text position too.
I got a way to fix the black thing, but only for the bottom one. "@viewport.rect.height+=8" the 8 should be changed to the new speed.

Edit2: ok fixed the thing. So to change the speed, in PokeBattle_ActualScene (search for appearspeed with ctrl+f):

Spoiler:

The values are dependent of the appearspeed so if you want another speed than 12 you'll have to make tests. I tested and it worked for me, texts are good and I checked with small/medium/large screen options.

It also affects the trainer sprite entrance.

Last edited:
Back