• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Pokémon.... :>

Years
I can't really decide on one, so I'll just pick a random Pokemon from Generation 4 that I like!

Lucario has to be my favorite Pokemon from Generation 4. It has a nice design, reminds me of some Egyptian thing. The colors are really good on it, it has a nice mix to it. It's a Fighting/Steel type, which is actually something that you don't see everyday. If my memory serves me correct, I think that Lucario is the only Fighting/Steel type Pokemon, which is what makes it unique. Also, both it's Attack and Special Attack stats are pretty decent. I'm surprised to see a Fighting Type have a better Special Attack than it's normal Attack stat. The speed is fine, I can work with it. I couldn't care less about the both Defense stats or HP. Later on in Generation 6, it gets a really awesome Mega Evolution. What's not to love about this Pokemon? That's in my opinion at least.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I can barely keep track of what's from what gen and whatnot, but.... I like Lucario, the Shinx line, Vespiqueen, Glaceon, and the Piplup line! x3

Lucario and Luxuray where part of my main team in Pearl, so, I'm attached to those Pokemon! x3

Oh yeah, and Shaymin! It's a cute little green hedgie, and as you can guess, I LOVE hedgehogs! x3
Also, Manaphy. It's just.. cute. and squishy. And a total beast in a fight. I think I used mine to beat the e4 at one point.
Oooh, why must Gen 4 have such cute legendaries!? XD

Years
I think mine has to be Mamoswine. It looks pretty boss, its cry is awesome, and gets a whopping Attack stat to utilize. Also made Piloswine worth something, so yeah. It got Icicle Crash in Gen V, and a nice Hidden Ability. And it's always done me good in the Platinum and HGSS playthroughs i've used it in. So yeah, Mamoswine is definitely my favorite one introduced here.

But honestly, other than some of the new evolutions, there aren't many new Pokémon here i'm really fond of. I do like Torterra, Porygon-Z, Roserade, Staraptor and I guess Spiritomb is neat.

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
y'know before i would have EASILY said 'oh mine is umm, Dialga! or uh... Garchomp, hmm Porygon-Z? yep that's it...' but now i reallllllllllllly like Togekiss, i know i LOVE Dark types, but as Togekiss is now fairy type in Gen VI, it gives my team pretty good coverage ^_^

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
See my username! If you haven't guessed, I love Buizel and Floatzel. ^-^ Buuuut, that's not all! Gen 4 actually introduced a bunch of my faves, including Turtwig, Torterra, the Shinx family, Drifloon family, Riolu family, Cranidos, Glaceon (my favorite Eeveelution, by the way), Leafeon, Rotom (especially Mow), Shaymin (especially Sky Forme), and maybe some others I can't think of right now. :)

complexive

Pretty Sailor Soldier
Years
  • Gallade
  • Magnezone
  • Drapion
  • Honchkrow
  • Empoleon
  • Frosslass
  • Lucario
Not necessarily in that order lol but those are my 4th gen faves

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
There are heaps of Pokemon, but I just have to say Infernape because it was the very first Pokemon I ever got (I called it Chimpy, still don't know why but it stuck). I also quite like Dialga and Giratina.

Anuya

Hoenn's Elite Four pretender
Years
Togekiss is sooo beautiful and cute :$$$"
468.gif

PunkPhantom

"midna's a cat" -vinny, vinesauce
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I really like Luxray. Good in battle, awesome design and finally a feline-like Pokemon that wasn't (meant to be) evil/lame/weak.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I don't have much knowledge on Gen 4 since I stopped playing the game after Gen 3 and started up again with Gen 5. But looking through my Pokedex guide I do like Lucario and most of the legendary pokemon including Darkrai, Shaymin and Cresselia.
Overall it's probably my least favorite generation though based on pokemon alone.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I'm not sure, but it's a tie between Ambipom and Weavile and Floatzel at a close third. I use Ambipom and Weavile in my current competitive team, and Floatzel sometimes. They're super cool and just plain badass that every time I play a hack or Pokemon game I haven't played before I ALWAYS look for an Aipom or Sneasel. Luxray, Roserade, and Mismagius are pretty cool too :)

Years
I have few favourites - but Riolu and Lucario were my favourite from the beginning! I love their design, what they are based off and Lucario's typing is really awesome too!

I also like Glaceon because of it's design and Torterra because of his typing - I also liked Staraptor because of it's movepool and Togekiss because of it's design, ability and movepool :)

Kotetsu

バンパイア
Years
It's impossible for me to just pick one.

My favorites are (in no particular order) Palkia, Luxray, Drapion, Porygon-Z and Floatzel.

I love their designs and they've all been very useful when I've used them in battles.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I would have to go with Toxicroak and Drapion!! Also, i liked a lot of the new introduced evos, especially Mamoswine, Electivire and Gallade
As for favorite Legendary, probably Darkrai for being the Nightmare Pokemon

Years
I love a ton of 4th Gen Pokemon, (Basically all the evolutions of older-gen Pokemon) but I love Electivire, Mamoswine, Gliscor, Garchomp and Honchkrow the most, I think. Electivire is like my favorite Pokemon of all time with a few others.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
my absolute favorite pokemon comes from 4th gen, but it so obvious i won't bother mentioning it (hint: sig + avatar= ?)
other then that, i really like mismagius because she is designed so awesomely and her cry is the best.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 14, 2023
I personally liked Bronzong a great deal, though I think Abamasnow ties with it. Overall though, I'd have to say Shinx and it's evo's are my most favorite. Electric lions just can't be beat~

Back