• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larsie13

Hi could someone please tell me how you convert pallete offsets found with VBA so that you can edit them with APE?
Well, in VBA, you can export palettes in 3 formats: Windows .pal, Paint Shop Pro .pal, and Adobe .act. The last 2 can be imported with APE. In VBA, just click the drop-down box next to Save As, and save as either of the last 2 formats. Then, in APE, on the Import screen, where it says "APE Pallete (*.gpl), click the drop-down box, and select either .pal or .act, whichever one you saved your palette as through VBA.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Well, in VBA, you can export palettes in 3 formats: Windows .pal, Paint Shop Pro .pal, and Adobe .act. The last 2 can be imported with APE. In VBA, just click the drop-down box next to Save As, and save as either of the last 2 formats. Then, in APE, on the Import screen, where it says "APE Pallete (*.gpl), click the drop-down box, and select either .pal or .act, whichever one you saved your palette as through VBA.
That is not what I want though...

VBA gives me this offset 0x05000280. How do I convert that into an offset that APE will understand? IDK if im making sense...

Vladi

Vladi...Mapper/Poke insert
Years
Inserting

I did everything right: Indexing,Swaping colours of the first and the backround,16-colored mode,inserted in unLZ everything looked fine and when i went in game to test it:
ErrorSprite.png

Help me please

Larsie13

VBA gives me this offset 0x05000280. How do I convert that into an offset that APE will understand? IDK if im making sense...
Well, try to find the EXACT palette you want to use in VBA's Palette Viewer (16 colors), and open up APE. Instead of Load Offser, select Load by Searching, and in the bottom half, where you load a palette, enter the reversed values of the colors you found with VBA. (e.g. if VBA says it's color number 531F, enter 1F53 in APE.) Repeat that with at least two other colors you've found, but they have to be directly behind the first one, else APE won't find it. The click the Search button. And, make a backup of your ROM before you do anything, because nif APE found the wrong palette, or something that actually isn't a palette at all, you'd have to take the backup, perform the search again, and use the second result, etc.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Well, try to find the EXACT palette you want to use in VBA's Palette Viewer (16 colors), and open up APE. Instead of Load Offser, select Load by Searching, and in the bottom half, where you load a palette, enter the reversed values of the colors you found with VBA. (e.g. if VBA says it's color number 531F, enter 1F53 in APE.) Repeat that with at least two other colors you've found, but they have to be directly behind the first one, else APE won't find it. The click the Search button. And, make a backup of your ROM before you do anything, because nif APE found the wrong palette, or something that actually isn't a palette at all, you'd have to take the backup, perform the search again, and use the second result, etc.

Yeah I already know how to do that...

nevermind...

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
hey where is the grass battle backgorund located in unlx for ruby?do u know where are the otheres located as well?

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
Hi everyone!

1. I have a problem where it seems that every time I edit a rom more than slightly and then try and run it through VBA, I get a white screen no matter what settings I use. The rom is FR, and I have tested the base rom and it works unaltered. All I am doing is editing palletes and then some scripts, but it gives me a white screen never the less

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
is that possible?,I want to make the hero recieve all the starters and it would be like this,in the beginning you will choose the starter you want,after you will reach into the 2nd reigon you will be able to choose 1 of the starters that left and when you will reach into the 3rd reigon you will automaticaly obtain the 3rd starter that left,to obtain the starters,just go to the proffesor's ab on the reigon. is this thing possible or not?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Does anyone know how to program Evolution stones into Firered? As in, make a new one wthout deleting old ones?

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Does anyone know how to program Evolution stones into Firered? As in, make a new one wthout deleting old ones?

I think you have to find an item editor and give the property of another evolution stone to the stone your making. An easier way is to just change an item and if you plan on that a pokemon should evolve from it just change the item needed for the pokemon to evolve in a pokemon editor.

Currently, i don't think there is a way not overwriting old items without hex editing.

is that possible?,I want to make the hero recieve all the starters and it would be like this,in the beginning you will choose the starter you want,after you will reach into the 2nd reigon you will be able to choose 1 of the starters that left and when you will reach into the 3rd reigon you will automaticaly obtain the 3rd starter that left,to obtain the starters,just go to the proffesor's ab on the reigon. is this thing possible or not?

It is possible, but you have to decide the first pokemon the hero gets, then the 2nd then the 3rd. You just need to make 3 scripts with some flags in it, you can check out This Tutorial for more info about scripting.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I think you have to find an item editor and give the property of another evolution stone to the stone your making. An easier way is to just change an item and if you plan on that a pokemon should evolve from it just change the item needed for the pokemon to evolve in a pokemon editor.

Currently, i don't think there is a way not overwriting old items without hex editing.

It is possible, but you have to decide the first pokemon the hero gets, then the 2nd then the 3rd. You just need to make 3 scripts with some flags in it, you can check out This Tutorial for more info about scripting.
about the stones,I saw that there are lots of ?????? items,is that possible to change them into the stones?

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
about the stones,I saw that there are lots of ?????? items,is that possible to change them into the stones?

I'll look and test, they may be free space items that can be used.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I'll look and test, they may be free space items that can be used.

There are, but apparently, when I last asked, the person who trid it said that the Evolution doesn't work right, as in if you try, the pokemon won't show up as able to use the stone on. If they lied, please say.

Larsie13

There are, but apparently, when I last asked, the person who trid it said that the Evolution doesn't work right, as in if you try, the pokemon won't show up as able to use the stone on. If they lied, please say.
Well, I didn't say the Pokémon won't show up as able, I said that the item wouldn't have the USE command when you select it in the Bag (only the CANCEL command). What you could do, is try to find the item effect data for the Evolution Stones, and give them to the new items. You can't do that with any tool, so you'd have to use a Hex Editor. Then, it should have the USE command, so you could use them to evolve Pokémon.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Does anyone know where Fire Stone is in a Hex Editor? Basically, the Item Offset list would be handy for Firered.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
Years
Does anyone know how you can create new HMs or edit HMs?
I have an idea for a new HM: Ghost Walker, with which you turn to a ghost and walk through certain walls, but I have no idea how to do that. Is there somebody who does?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
How to edit cries by using PokeCry GUI?

trust me, that tool isn't a safe tool to use.
try asking the creator of PKMN Jupiter Version.
She might help you with cries...

Does anyone know how you can create new HMs or edit HMs?
I have an idea for a new HM: Ghost Walker, with which you turn to a ghost and walk through certain walls, but I have no idea how to do that. Is there somebody who does?

I think you need to do some ASM hacking to achieve that...

---oOo---​

I have a question...
I hope someone knows the answer to my simple question but what's the command to hide the BAG section when we press START...?

Thanks~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back