• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
HJFHAFAFHKJGSHJGS, I hate random YT links so much. Why?
Well, because of this:
Spoiler:

And yes, that counts as challenge discussion for me, I find it quite a challenge not to punch a hole into my screen whenever this crap happens. And it's A LOT.
[/offtopic rage]

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
HJFHAFAFHKJGSHJGS, I hate random YT links so much. Why?
Well, because of this:
Spoiler:

And yes, that counts as challenge discussion for me, I find it quite a challenge not to punch a hole into my screen whenever this crap happens. And it's A LOT.
[/offtopic rage]

You live in Germany, right ? Yeah, they really suck with YouTube restrictions there. A small thing hinting to the nazi, and that thing gets murdered. I think games get the same treatment, right ?

In Romania, I got 5-10 bans with something from Sony Entertainment. YouTube really sucks these days : VEVO Censors, suckish homepage, weird restrictions... :/

/rant

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I got Brazil Youtube, so that means my only annoyence is Football videos in the "Videos you might like" section, when I never even saw a single Football video on my account :/

So I guess I get the better of us, unfortunatly.

SO hows everyones challenges going on? I think I might do a Complete the Pokedex run on Platinum to wait for B/W. Yes, every pokemon I see I have to capture and raise equaly. How awesome at least I got VS Seeker That way I can make my life easier when I decided to fill up my Pokedex on B/W Then after that I still gotta complete HGSS then do a Pokedex Run on that, then transfer it to B/W, joy.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I'm doing a Catch Em All on HG. SS is a Nuzlocke. My Plat. has my Favorite. Crystal will have Random. I'm deep into challenges. It's been worse, but it's enough. : D

I'm also trying to clock 300 hours into HG. At 289 right now.

EDIT : and why is football censored in Brazil ? :\

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
It's not censored, it's overused. I havn't watched a a Football video Ever and my "Recomended for You" section is filled with it.

Like I only watch videos about Pokemon and Paramore, and half of the sudggestions are about Football, like wtf!

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I think i'm over my 10 challenge at a time limit. Oh well.

I'm only actually doing like 5 of them (HG Mono Water, Plat Mono Normal, Silver Nuzzy, Plat Trio, and another one that escapes me right now but I'm sure I'm doing. Oh well.

Years
It's not censored, it's overused. I havn't watched a a Football video Ever and my "Recomended for You" section is filled with it.

Like I only watch videos about Pokemon and Paramore, and half of the sudggestions are about Football, like wtf!

That made my day, I guess it's a general assumption that those in Brazil must be crazed football fans, considering the amount of cups they won, eh?
I live in the US, so I pretty much have access to anything on YT.
The only challenges in my queue are Nuzlockes of Sapphire and LG, the Sapphire one is on Hiatus, as I've already said.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I should update my Nuzlocke now that I have my second badge. Brawly was a tough one, but I managed to get through with only one death. :( Be sure to check soon for my update.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Brawly ended several Nuzockes of mine. Why Bulk Up ? When you keep overusing that thing, then spamming crit. Karate Chops, you're a real hacker. I once had to grind to Lv. 20 after several losses until I beat him...

SIDENOTE : Good news, I have hacked my PSP 3000 to run ROMs. That means... more challenges on the go ! I think I'll be doing a Quartz Nuzlocke. Anyone ? :D

Years
Do it! IT's going to be hilarious, except maybe for the fact that gyms are overpowered in Qwartz.
As for my own last Nuzlocke, I have decided to finally give up on FR Omega. It's going to take HOURS to grind my new team up to a decent level, and they'd probably get slaughtered anyway.
Well, sure I might be wrong and might actually be able to win this, but... I'm pretty sure I won't. My old team was well-rounded and contained good Pokemon, and they still died like flies in that one battle. So why should these awful replacements from the box be able to do ANYTHING?
Well, I think I'll get started on something else instead. So many new challenges around, and I still haven't even tried a single one of them. It's about time.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Brawly ended several Nuzockes of mine. Why Bulk Up ? When you keep overusing that thing, then spamming crit. Karate Chops, you're a real hacker. I once had to grind to Lv. 20 after several losses until I beat him...
Yeah, Brawly really is an ass hole to beat in a Nuzlocke run. Lucky I managed to get through using mainly Taillow. Machop is an easy 2hko after a Bulk Up, Meditite only uses Focus Punch, plus Taillow couldn't exactly beat him so he wasted Super Potions on him, and Makuhita spams Bulk Up and Vital Throw, which makes moves such as, well pretty much any stat-up move bad.

I lost Taillow in the end, but I'll find something else to replace it. :)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

Yeah, Brawly really is an ass hole to beat in a Nuzlocke run. Lucky I managed to get through using mainly Taillow. Machop is an easy 2hko after a Bulk Up, Meditite only uses Focus Punch, plus Taillow couldn't exactly beat him so he wasted Super Potions on him, and Makuhita spams Bulk Up and Vital Throw, which makes moves such as, well pretty much any stat-up move bad.

I lost Taillow in the end, but I'll find something else to replace it. :)

If only you had a Sableye from Granite Cave. As all the moves Brawly's Pokemon have are Fighting type moves.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I might catch a Sableye from Granite Cave actually for my PC. I'll keep it there for sometime later, as I haven't caught a Pokemon from there yet. ;D

My next update will be either from Dewford to Magma activities in Slateport or after defeating Wattson. Who knows who'll be dead after then. D:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Yeah. It would also render his Makuhita useless, which would be real nice. Oh well. Too late for that now though, but I will definitely look into catching one to train. No weaknesses and awesome moves like Fake Out have me hooked. <3

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I was thinking of a FR Omega challenge. Since you apparently have to be God to finish a Nuzlocke, I really don't know what to do. Oh, and Emerald 386. Those two games are pure slaughterhouses for Pokemon. >;D

Yanma - chaos;;
Raticate - myrrh'
Ampharos - vaporeon7
Hitmonchan - JT.
Girafarig - JD--

Sorry guys, most of you kinda missed it. Or just you don't like my Pokemon. Oh well.
Also, I'm a bit too lazy to continue on SS. I have a full 6, including a Magnemite. But I'm afraid to attempt Morty. What level do you think I should take him on at ?

EDIT : Said I hacked my PSP. Well, I downloaded Final Fantasy (just that, it's the 20 year anniversary remake :'D) and named you guys after my characters :

Warrior - Seco (yea me :p)
Thief - Alt (don't know what came to my mind)
White Mage aka good magic - Sydian (um... yeah)
Black Mage aka bad/attacking magic - Chaos (it's a chaoos ! :'D)

Opinions ?

EDIT 2: Actually, Ampharos is absent from Crystal... :'(
http://www.serebii.net/crystal/absents.shtml

EDIT 3: Lol edits...
Apparently, content from Sony Music Entertainment is blocked in Romania. Awesome. :\

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back