• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next demo!

One thing I noticed while playing the game was that the move yawn never seemed to work for myself, or when I was fighting snorlax, not sure if that is a bug or just unluckiness.

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
dude this is so awesome and it already has a demo so cool dude i look forward in playing.. this game but um... do u think the back sprite of the main character is a little slim.? but overall view this game is great and if it finishes i would surely play this ^_^

Atomic Reactor

Nothing has been really happening lately, been kinda unmotivated lately. No interest in working on the game at all haha. But don't worry, it's just a little slump, I'm sure i'll get back to work soon!

Atomic Reactor

Like I said, i'd get back to work soon! I made a new intro (which I forgot to take pics of :/ ) and have been working on the next town... well... yeah it's not a town. Here look! (It's in a crater)

screans.png

Here's some screens from the destroyed town of Cedarcreek. There's more history here than you think! This is where Red and Blue's (Gary) parents died! You'll find out more when you play the game though! To the north is the desert, and to the west is some more route and the next town!

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
I really like this update! It's a really cool place. I always was fascinated by craters, and i think its a cool concept for a "town". I also really like the whole idea of Red and Blue's backgrounds being linked to this place in such a way. It's sad, yet I love it. :D

AHHH I love this game so much! It's looking so stunning, dude! I'm so happy for its...eventual...release! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Atomic Reactor

Thank you for the kind comments my friends.

Some big news as far as the team goes... Mark (aka Aquakip and hellopeopleoftheus) has joined the team! He is a fantastic pixel artist, and I can already feel the quality of the team and the game improving just by saying he's joined haha. As his first contribution... He has remade the starters and their evolutions. They turned out great in my opinion.

starters-1.png

So a big thanks to him, they turned out awesome. Thank you again Mark, I really appreciate you helping out Obsidian! Stay tuned, I will be getting back to work within the next few weeks since I'll be done with my first year of college!

Until then... uh... have a good day!

Shaly

#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
Years
Keep up the good work! And i hope you release some updates soon bud! See ya soon!

TrackerXNinjaX

Traveling Artist
Years
Well, I have just completed the demo in about 3 hours. And...This game is amazing! I was unsure of it because I haven't really delved deep into rmxp, but playing it blew away any doubts I had. The characters are believable and in time grow to actually care about them. The grass starter is my favorite, but the others are great too. I only wish there were some more fakemon and that the game didn't stop lol. Should you need any help in whatever form I would be glad to help^^. Just ask me and I'll see what i can do.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Thank you for the kind comments my friends.

Some big news as far as the team goes... Mark (aka Aquakip and hellopeopleoftheus) has joined the team! He is a fantastic pixel artist, and I can already feel the quality of the team and the game improving just by saying he's joined haha. As his first contribution... He has remade the starters and their evolutions. They turned out great in my opinion.

starters-1.png

So a big thanks to him, they turned out awesome. Thank you again Mark, I really appreciate you helping out Obsidian! Stay tuned, I will be getting back to work within the next few weeks since I'll be done with my first year of college!

Until then... uh... have a good day!

Wow, Amazing work by Mark!
Much better than my old ones! :P
Though, I really never were a great fakemon-spriter!
Tiling always was my strong suit.

Shaly

#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
Years
There seems to be a problem with the downloadlink... It won't download from rapidshare. can u upload it somewhere else?

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
I have a similar problem but instead it downloads then immediately deletes itself. Try Mediafire maybe?

Atomic Reactor

Try downloading it with a different browser guys, rapidshare hasn't given me or a majority of people I know any problems. If you try different browsers, and shutting off your antivirus, and it still won't work, then I will upload it somewhere else!

Here's a little update from DA from a few days ago. I redesigned the player card interface, and the badges. And Mark did another great job on the resprite of the main character!

playercard.png

Years
A couple glitches:

In the (parent's?) bedroom, you can walk on the wall and bed.
Before you actually have Pokemon, the nurse in the PokeCenter will still 'heal' them. Maybe you could check for Pokemon and have the nurse say something like "Oh, you don't have any Pokemon" instead of going through the animation. :P

Just in case you didn't know about them. :)

I really enjoyed the demo. Haven't finished it, yet, but the beginning was pretty cool. Unique storyline too!

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2012
I played the demo religiously until i beat it. So far the storyline, the graphics, just everything is amazing. Definitely the best Pokemon Fan based game I've played.. You've got something Beautiful on your hands, see it through 'til the end.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
Nice work bro. I haven't seen such a great game made in that program in a while.

Atomic Reactor

Just thought I'd let you all know that I've started working on the game again! I hadn't touched it for the last two months due to... uh... lack of interest ?
But I hope to have an update within the next week or two! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back