• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

06suhmah

DesTROYeR7861
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2015
This is probably one of the best hacks iv'e seen

I hope it finshes soon in english

but overall it's Awsome =D

Xenoblade

needs a banner. PM me please!
Years
Just wanted to post saying, GREAT JOB WITH THIS HACK!

Honestly, this is extremely impressive. You have obviously spent a bunch of time working on this (especially basing off of the first posts, two years, WOW!). I've been hacking undercover for a while, but joined PokeCommunity a couple years back (This would be my new main account, better name).

Ash493 & Sarcastic Prince: I know it is going to be a LONG time from now, but I would like to offer up my skills to you two. I was wondering if you would be interested in another translator...? I have considerable skills in grammar and spelling (WITHOUT using spell check,ever :P ), and loads of free time. If you'd like me on the team, PM me. ;)
Oh, did I mention I've already taken the time to read all 83 pages of this forum to be caught up with everything? :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2011
im having a problem with it once i have patched it onto the ruby rom i try to load it and it only shows a white screen

thanks

Xenoblade

Years
I looked through 83 pages, and found nothing about this, so here goes. When the Groudon & Kyogre event ends, you are told to go to the Lighthouse. When you go upstairs, there is a trainer who will spot you, no matter what. However, when the battle starts, the screen turns black (hinting that the trainer is not inserted into the game). Now, I have looked on Advance Map to find a way around this (moving the trainer), but I can't locate the map, at all. Could someone please help me with this, or give me a suggestion to get around it? I'd really like to finish this Beta in Darkdusk rather than the Lighthouse.

@hyper neko:
im having a problem with it once i have patched it onto the ruby rom i try to load it and it only shows a white screen

thanks

My tutorial works... at least for me so it should be enough to work for you ;)
Okay then lemme ask you some questions.
1) Are you using VBA emulator from Wes' page?
2) Did you really download the Ruby ROM v1.0? (Find it through google)
3) Did you use IPS XP patcher to patch?

Seriously, when will people learn to read the previous posts? I read all 83 pages so that I knew what was going on, and it only took me 3 hours, that's not that much time, everyone. :tired:

Here, things to try:

Is it a CLEAN (not previously patched with another game) Pokemon RUBY ROM?

Did you download the suggested v1.0 and not another? If you downloaded another (there's v1.0, v1.1, and v1.2), then try a different one.

Are you even using a VBA (Visual Boy Advance)?
--- If so, go under Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K

If that didn't fix it, use "the magic site," aka Google, (Can't post links yet, it's a new, under 15 current posts account, sorry) ( :P ) to figure out what to do next, because if that stuff didn't fix your ROM, NOBODY here can help you.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Just wanted to post saying, GREAT JOB WITH THIS HACK!

Honestly, this is extremely impressive. You have obviously spent a bunch of time working on this (especially basing off of the first posts, two years, WOW!). I've been hacking undercover for a while, but joined PokeCommunity a couple years back (This would be my new main account, better name).

Ash493 & Sarcastic Prince: I know it is going to be a LONG time from now, but I would like to offer up my skills to you two. I was wondering if you would be interested in another translator...? I have considerable skills in grammar and spelling (WITHOUT using spell check,ever :P ), and loads of free time. If you'd like me on the team, PM me. ;)
Oh, did I mention I've already taken the time to read all 83 pages of this forum to be caught up with everything? :D

Yes, you can, as long as you can Rom Hack.
So, I bet that you're a Rom Hacker?
If you are, then you're welcome to my team.

Years
So far the game has been fun, and it is gonna feel like a decade waiting for the final product. I know it is not gonna happen, but it would been cool to finish up the first region and post a beta for that.

Trainer Ninja

Master of all games
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2010
1. The game is outstanding. Much better, and harder than most pokemon games.

2. Very good job with the translation.
3. Looking forward to the new beta. You guys did an impressive job.

My ending team in the Ghost town was Slaking, Tyranitar, Meganium, Dragonite, Snorlax

All Level 55+

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
So far the game has been fun, and it is gonna feel like a decade waiting for the final product. I know it is not gonna happen, but it would been cool to finish up the first region and post a beta for that.
It's gonna be released. Don't worry.

1. The game is outstanding. Much better, and harder than most pokemon games.

2. Very good job with the translation.
3. Looking forward to the new beta. You guys did an impressive job.

My ending team in the Ghost town was Slaking, Tyranitar, Meganium, Dragonite, Snorlax

All Level 55+
Thank you very much for the
positive feedback. And that's
a pretty awesome team ya got there.

Yep, I started my own hack a while back (Went in-depth with it, started using XSE, creating, deleting, editing events), so I'm in for it. Glad to be on the team. :D

Good. Awesome. If Ash is too busy, I'll ask
for your help.
One more question: Can you fix scripts that have
been cut off? (No strings)

Years
I know the game will be released, should of made my response clear. When the first region has been done including the elite 4 a beta for the first region should be made, that right there I know will not happen, so stuck having 2 wait for the final product.

Though I actually don't think Ruby would have enough memory to do 2 regions.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
If you are, then you're welcome to my team.
Since when it's your team your Highness? xD

I looked through 83 pages, and found nothing about this, so here goes. When the Groudon & Kyogre event ends, you are told to go to the Lighthouse. When you go upstairs, there is a trainer who will spot you, no matter what. However, when the battle starts, the screen turns black (hinting that the trainer is not inserted into the game). Now, I have looked on Advance Map to find a way around this (moving the trainer), but I can't locate the map, at all. Could someone please help me with this, or give me a suggestion to get around it? I'd really like to finish this Beta in Darkdusk rather than the Lighthouse.
This is really weird... I mean I hadn't had this bug when I played that part of game... could you try to repatch your ROM to see if it's still the same?

Last edited:

Xenoblade

Years
Good. Awesome. If Ash is too busy, I'll ask
for your help.
One more question: Can you fix scripts that have
been cut off? (No strings)

Yep, I can do that. :D Just call me the puppet master :P

This is really weird... I mean I hadn't had this bug when I played that part of game... could you try to repatch your ROM to see if it's still the same?

Originally that would be my quote, but yeah, I'll try that.

EDIT: I'm having the same problem, nothing's changed. Well, something's changed, but it has nothing to do with that bug. All that's different is I'm finding Slakoth and Vulpix in their respective routes now, when they didn't exist there before. And I still can't find the Seanport map on Advance Map, it doesn't seem to exist there. In fact, I can't even find a script there in either A-Text or XSE. It's like it's some sort of fantasy world that's only in my head, but on everyone else's game :D

EDIT 2: Okay, forget about it. It can't be fixed on mine, but I dodged it. Decided to just use the WTW code and get through that part. I finally managed to finish the Beta, but there were more bugged trainers, same problem, and the battle with Gold is included. As I said, forget about it, because nobody else seems to have such a problem. But, if you want to look into it, I could message you something to help.

Last edited:
Back