• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Nomination Round - 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Hack Name: Pokemon Genesis

Reason:
Unfortunately none of the hacks this year have stood out to me as the hack of the year, it however in my opinion simply comes down to RijonAdventure against Genesis, with maybe Distant and White(Old) close behind.

Genesis is above average in all areas, scripting, mapping, overworlding (?) and that's why it gets my vote. Too many hacks this year have been lacking in at least one department, which is unfortunate as it brings tha whole game down. I'd prefer to see a hack slightly better in all areas than one with amazing scripting but horrible maps and plots.

I picked Genesis over Rijon because Rijon seemed to die a little bit nearer the end of this year. I kow it's still going and everything but after the many enjoyable updates not much seems to be going on (I know it's all happening underground though :P)

So there's my two cents :P

Last edited:

Madridista

Years
Hack Name: ~Pokémon Congbu~
Reason for nomination: Beautiful tiles and maps. The videos obviously prove, that this hack has amazing scripting. And of course, I love the fact that it's set in Japan.

Last edited:

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
Years
Hack Name: Pokemon Genesis

Reason for Nomination:
It has a great storyline, awesome scripts, and the mapping is wonderful. All the work that was put into Genesis really shows in the quality of it.
The plot is revealed bit by bit, and some of the events make you step back for a second and think about what's actually going on, which can be a hard thing to achieve.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2008
Hack Name: Rijon Adventures (sorry for not posting the link)
Reason: The game and scripting is amazing! Also, a lot of work has been put into it.

Years
Hack Name: Distant
Reason for nomination: Has made a new pokemon game with a different story by giving an entire new look with the amazing mapping work by disturbed with some nice scripting and the best title screen I have ever seen on-top. I know that it is still at an early stage so with what I have already seen I can expect an awesome hack which I believe deserves HOTY 08.

second

Working on Pokemon Lunar
Years
pokemon genesis

because of its amazing scripts and mapping
just a great well balanced hack that it has been a pleasure playing

Shenanigans

Reason for nomination: An original (and challenging) map where the wild pokemon sets for each area are mixed up (you run into some pokemon at the beginning; Ex, houndour; that, in past games, you would be at least midway through the game before encountering). All in all, a fresh, challenging pokemon game like I haven't seen since G/S came out.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Pokemon Congbu

Reason:

This is the only good hack i see within peoples eye.

I like the idea of him using japanese style of trees, and houses and font color.

The hack's mapping ftw.

Excellent Uniqueness to this hack.

Tony the Awesome

mi nombre es tony
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2010
I vote for Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Cause LinkandZelda and Zeikku have been working there tooshies off to make a good gamee.
this game has good graphics and scripts :D
I think this deserves hoty

Last edited:
Years
Hack Name: Black and White
Reason: Genesis will win the fan favourite with or without my vote, so I thought I'd go for my other favourite hack at PC. I love the in game text. It seems like even what people say have had a lot of thought put into it and for me, that just shows me how much effort has been put in to this hack.

Sandro™

Retired!
Years
Hack Name: Pokemon Distant
Reason for nomination: It has a very eye-catching storyline and part i like the most is the New features. And the layout of the thread is Nice.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
I vote for Liquid Crystal. The scripts are superb and all the custom graphics and palettes blend together nicely. I got to beta test it, and I must say the side events are a nice twist ; A truly enjoyable hack.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Well, I guess it's time for Hack of the Year 2008. I remember Hack of the Year 2008 when Prism won. But I didn't register on PC back then.
Anyways, now it's time for my vote on the hack, which might win HotY.

Hack Name: Pokémon Distant
Reason for nomination: When I looked at the screenshots in the hack thread, I realized that it used different tiles for each area.
The tiles are nice, as he used the tiles from most of the tile creators.

Anyway, this hack has quite a nice storyline, so I think it deserves to receive a vote from me.

Zet

Years
Hack Name:Ruby Dagger Murders
Reason for nomination: this hack seems to have great potential, the story seems good, the maps and current screenshots look good

Years
Hack name: Pokemon RijonAdventures
Reason: A lot of time and effort, sweat and blood, has been put into this hack, and Harima has stuck to it for a very long time, a feat not many hackers can achieve. The hardest very thing in a hack is to not get bored of it, and Harima has managed to do just that. *Tips hat*
Good Luck.
Also quoted by the man himself:
"Additionally, there is no Flash HM."
That should be auto-win right there. :P

Kaizer-X

RoM HaCkeR
Years
Ok here is my vote~

This is kinda hard to choose but I vote for *drumrolls*

Hack Name: Pokemon Rijon Adventureshttp://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=153540
Reason for nomination: This is one of the first hack i played and the creator Haruki Hanai has put in a lot of effort in making this hack. The mapping and storyline is impressive by all means and so is the mapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back