• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
Try it with a normal Ditto. I guess you were trying to make it a higher chance of the offspring being shiny? IIRC there's still a huge chance of them being shiny if only one parent is.

EDIT: Hold on, there wasn't a personality value in that Gen, so the only way the game would know if Pokemon were related is the two inherited stats, and seeing as both of those have to be 10 to get a shiny, it does make sense that shinies can't breed.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2016
^ Osnap my bad then. o.o
But my friend asked me this just a second ago and I don't know the answer (Dx):
She knows that Ice beam, Thunderbolt, and Flamethrower are all TMs in R/B/Y, but are they TMs in the Metal versions? She said her TM 13 was Snore instead of Ice Beam like usual.

Nope not in the metal games.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
Hey, i have an emulator on my smartphone, in which i've recently installed pokemon yellow.
And i have an annoying problem; when i've filled up my box nr. 1, i switched to box nr. 2, but when i've catched one pokemon it says the box is full.

Timbjerr suggested it were a emulator problem, as i only can load a game from the emulator, and not the game itself.

Is there anything i can do besides moving all my pokemon to another box, all the time?

..And why can't i find the pokeball with evee in it? :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Since it is an emulator problem, you're going to have to ask in the emulator section. This thread is for questions on the games themselves.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
In Crystal version, what entrance to Mt. Mortar do I go in and what HMs will I need to get the Tyrogue from the karate master?

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
In Crystal version, what entrance to Mt. Mortar do I go in and what HMs will I need to get the Tyrogue from the karate master?
Middle entrance and you'll need Waterfall and Strength from what I can remember.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
Thanks for last time guys =)

My questions now are: 1. Where can you check happiness? and 2. Can pokemon (such as Golbat) evolve once they get a level up after maxing friendship or is it only at levels 20 and 40?

EDIT: again this is in Crystal

Last edited:

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
OK, so in my Gold, do you know where I can find high LVL pokemon between LVL30-LVL40? I need to grind against the Pokemanz so I can beat the Elite 4 :P.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
OK, so in my Gold, do you know where I can find high LVL pokemon between LVL30-LVL40? I need to grind against the Pokemanz so I can beat the Elite 4 :P.
I suppose this is for the first time against the E4..anyways, Victory Road I suppose is the best place, and you can always try to rematch people via the phone system too (but I think in GSC you can only battle them if they call you rather than the other way around?).

Years
Thanks for last time guys =)

My questions now are: 1. Where can you check happiness? and 2. Can pokemon (such as Golbat) evolve once they get a level up after maxing friendship or is it only at levels 20 and 40?

EDIT: again this is in Crystal
A women in a house Northeast of the bike shop in Goldenrod City will rate the happiness of a Pokemon. As far as I know, the Pokemon will evolve after their happiness level gets above 220.

CrystalFlow

Fun Trainer
Years
Afternoon, I was wondering if you're able to trade over some Pokemon from r/b/y such as Charizard who in g/s/c can learn the TM fire punch then send it back to r/b/y or is that restricted? Thanks.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
That's fine, as long as the move you teach it is in RBY, it doesn't matter if it's a TM in them or not.

Capris

Banned
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
On Yellow is Geodude worth training up?

Thanks.

Well, I don't see why not. In the older games while there's still a level of strategy involved in choosing your pokemon team, it mostly applies to the new games because people now battle competitively and there's a whole lot of different variables to take into account. You still need to beat in game opponents in yellow but for the most part you can tough it out with just about any pokemon really, besides the infamous magikarp with splash maybe.

Of course that's implying geodude is completely useless, which I don't personally think he is. He evolves into graveler and you have an arsenal of ground type moves at your disposal. I don't know exactly what types are weak against ground but they're obviously are some so of course he's worth training if you want him or one of his evolutions, the other of which includes golem. However you need to trade graveler in order to get golem, and I'm not sure if you'd be able to do that. If so great for you because you would have just gotten one of my personal favorite pokemon.

Which is funny because I secretly despise geodude for popping up so much in almost every cave imaginable.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
On Yellow is Geodude worth training up?

Thanks.

It is worth training up because Golem has immense power :3

However obviously you need to be able to trade... If not then yes, it is pointless.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2011
Marowak with Swords Dance and Rock Slide?

So my favorite Pokemon has always been Marowak. And because I had decided to restart my original gold version, I wanted to use my Marowak. And I came up with the moves I wanted him to know, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Rock Slide, and maybe Rest. However I can't seem to figure out a way to get Marowak both swords dance and rock slide in gold version. I do have access to the red,blue,and yellow games. But I can't seem to think of a way to chain breed so that the cubone learns both Swords dance and rock slide as egg moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back