• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Johto

Should I make a weekly newsletter?

• Yes

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Depends what was in it

Votes: 35 43.8%

• Total voters

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
Years
Not yet. I'm trying to decide the best way to do traditional. Should I go Stereotypical traditional Japanese or research and create historically accurate traditional Japanese housing for middle to low class.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Cmon peeps, dont let this thread die!!! Right, mappers I need you to map the following places:

Sprout tower
Dark cave
Route 32
Inside ruins of alph

Thats it for now, thanks

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
Years
I need the tile sheet for the sprout tower, dark cave, and ruins of alph. I will work on the houses later. Sprout tower will be easier for me to start with.

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
Looks good, added you on youtube, username: Jaylong14

WELCOME TO THE TEAM :)

Edit: I do not need an Unzl GBA much on this particular hack, maybe to put HGSS sprites in, but I will need you for my secret project, can I have a pic of a map you have made? Just to see how good you are, you may be better than you think :)

Edit 2: Could you also make me a title screen if you can, dont mind what it says or looks like, it is just so I know what you can do :) (dunno why I always put smilies...)(I guess it is so I seem friendly rather than bossy...)

Edit 3: Do you have MSN or Yahoo just makes it easier to contact you ;)

I have gmail so that might be a bit hard. Answer # 2) alright i'll get right on it!!

LuciRuki

#1 Janine Fan
Years
Ok, so, as an excellent idea planner, I need to ask: what makes this hack different from HeartGold/SoulSilver, as they are remakes of Gold and Silver, and primarily followed the same storyline. And, if you're answer is that they added new features and changed a few storylines and whatnot, then I must ask: What makes your hacks different from the already existing hack Pokemon ShinyGold?

In my opinion, if you are just remaking the Gold/Silver games exactly, just updating the graphics this hack will be kind of boring, and not popular. But if there is something different about it, this hack can be one of the best ones out there. Suggestion? Try focusing the storyline as 'Johto revisited', possibly 5 or 10 years into the future, that might have some amazing twists and surprises.

That's all I got. If you need any help with this game, just PM me.

-LuciRuki-

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Thank you for asking, actually I ought to update that first post as the hack we are currently working on is Pokemon Glistening Topaz, which will be similar to Crystal but with some major storyline changes, mainly the fact that the legendary is Raikou and it is set a year after GSC, with Silver playing the part of a freindly rival (as he has turned good due to either his pokemon dying or deserting him) I will update more at some point. Oh yeh, and on a non Johto related matter I may involve the team in my other hack Pokemon Lightning Yellow, a yellow remake which I hope to include some great new features in.

Edit: If you would be interested in helping to write the storyline for Glistening Topaz let me know, as I am the only Idealist in this team (and the only one I know) I am kinda on my own writing the story

Years
The old stuffs my thing so I would like to join this team

Skills: mapping, I guess I can help with tiles but I am still learning how to do that you can see I made like 40% -ish of the tile in my attached map
Proof of work: attached map I made of Viridian Forest
Past experience: none except messing around with FR roms
Contact information: message me on here

Also I have a crystal idea - chromatic crystal

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
Years
Thank you for asking, actually I ought to update that first post as the hack we are currently working on is Pokemon Glistening Topaz, which will be similar to Crystal but with some major storyline changes, mainly the fact that the legendary is Raikou and it is set a year after GSC, with Silver playing the part of a freindly rival (as he has turned good due to either his pokemon dying or deserting him) I will update more at some point. Oh yeh, and on a non Johto related matter I may involve the team in my other hack Pokemon Lightning Yellow, a yellow remake which I hope to include some great new features in.

Edit: If you would be interested in helping to write the storyline for Glistening Topaz let me know, as I am the only Idealist in this team (and the only one I know) I am kinda on my own writing the story
I don't particularly like friendly rivals, because they don't seem to be very adept at battling. Battling Barry was more of a chore, yet I always look forward to battling Blue and Silver, because the challenge was there for me and made it more fun. But as a tiler i have no say in the matter.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
ok, thankyou. The title screen text is Glistening Topaz Version,with Raikou on it somewhere. Right, mappers I need those maps done soon, and everybody else I will tell you what to do soon.

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
Ok... I have two questions and a statement: 1) when is this going into the developing hacks thread...? 2) does anyone know where i could find a tut. on hacking title screens except youtube? 3) (this is just a SUGGESTION) wouldn't it be cool if you had all the Team Johto members as reoccuring trainers?

Ok, I have the Raikou on the title screen and now i just have to change the Fire Red part...

Last edited:
Back