• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
Username: *Icecold*
Game: Pokemon White 2

Rules:
-Must catch first Pokemon encounted on route. If Pokemon is defeated, it still counts as an encounter and no other Pokemon on said route can be captured.
-Dupes clause; in effect even after death, cannot catch the same species of Pokemon captured before and also includes evolutions/pre-evolutions/baby forms.
-Must nickname all Pokemon.
-Gift Pokemon allowed, but cannot trade for Pokemon in-game or out of game.
- Shiny clause.
-Starters will be determined by the final number of my ID. 1,2,3 is Grass, 4,5,6 is Fire and 7,8,9 is Water. 0 means I get a choice.

For this challenge I will be going backwards through every Pokemon game, so after this challenge I will be attempting a White Nuzlocke. Hope people read and enjoy!~

Part One:

-Chose the girl character and named myself Blaze. Named my rival Bolt.
-Escaped to Aspertia City's lookout spot and met Bianca. ID ends with 9 so I get Oshawott, my favorite starter. Also, it's a girl! Yes, and on my first try too! I name her Pearl after my birthstone and because they are affiliated with the sea.
-Bolt challenges me with his Snivy and I defeat him barely.
-Bianca takes me to the Pokémon Center and after a crapload of tutorials I'm finally on the first route, ready to catch a Pokémon.
-My encounter is a male Purrloin named Jahar after the Disney villain, since they both have feminine-like appearances but are actually quite sinister.
-I grind up Jahar and Pearl to Lv. 9 each and meet with Alder. I run off to deliver Bolt's town map after buying some Potions.
-My encounter on the next route is a female Patrat named February because it is the same month as Groundhog Day since Patrat is based off of a groundhog. I run off to grind her real quick, but a wild Patrat on the first route knocks her out. And I never really got to train her either... that sucks a lot.
-Jahar barely defeats a few Trainer leading into the ranch. I catch a male Lillipup named Oatmeal. Alright, one of my favorite Normal types! I defeat Bolt again, just barely as usual. Purrloins are actually really pitiful guys. And I run out of Potions too...
-Oatmeal is already Lv. 7 so he doesn't need as much training as February who was only Lv. 3. I use him against the scattered Trainers after giving Bolt his map. Then I find the Herdier, receive TM Frustration and leave the ranch after healing one more time.
-I meet up with Alder and battle the two School Kids. Not too hard. By this time Oatmeal is Lv.11, Pearl is Lv. 10 and Jahar is only Lv. 9. He'll get there.
-I run to the Aspertia Gym to defeat Cheren. The two Trainers are pretty simple and Jahar becomes Lv. 10. Then I rely on Oatmeal to destroy the gym leader for me.
-...and he does it! Cheren's Patrat goes down without a hassle and although Lillipup scores some damage, a few Tackles take it out as well. And then I earn the Basic Badge!

So the team so far:
Spoiler:

Deaths:
Spoiler:

Badges List:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
After super grinding my pokemon (Norman is always the most difficult gym leader in this game, even the twins are easier than him) I challenged Norman. It was a battle of brute strength and wits. Only to be my downfall with luck. I started off with Tremble the now evolved Camerupt and went with a Crit advantage strategy. He easily KOs everyone but Linoone comes out and unsure if he carries surf or not I switch out into Skrillex and try out to outspeed him with Stomp. Doesnt' happen and I try Rock Smash for the -1 Defense. It hits but no dice and of course he gets a crit with Slash. I'm on red so I switch into Onion and put him to sleep. Absorb does next to nothing as I try to regain some of the switch in damage and Acid does little and no stat reduction bonus either. He wakes up and headbutts. I put him to sleep and am in yellow now. This is starting to get intense and I'm not on Slaking yet. I switch into Krorikins and use Confuse Ray. I use Bite to flinch him twice and use Wing Attack to finish him off he stays on red and he uses his healing item on Linoone, and just when I thought I had him too. I go for one more confusion and switch into Onion hitting him with Sleep Powder then to Tremble as I haven't seen any sign of Surf. While still asleep i go for Focus Energy then two Embers. No crits but he goes down. Now out comes Slaking. I go straight for the Overheat. No crit yet either. He counters with a Facade. Boom goes the Dynamite and he gets a crit. Farewell friend, you will be missed and never forgotten....
In a fit of rage I send out Krorikins and go straight into the confusion. Bite, he flinches. Wing Attack, he's loafing around. Bite, he flinches. Wing Attack, he's loafing around. Wing Attack and Pyrrhic Victory is mine. He congratulates me on surpassing him and says nothing of my fallen friend. I obtain Surf from Wally's Dad and save so I can mourn Tremble.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2013
Username: hoost
Game: LeafGreen

I really like the idea of the Nuzlocke Challenge, but I hate the idea of being forced to release fainted Pokemon. I modified the rules to maintain a decent level of difficulty while allowing myself to keep the Pokemon that I've trained so hard and grown attached to! (See Rule 8)

Rules:
1) You can only catch the first Pokemon encountered on a route.
2) You may only catch Pokemon that evolve and have not yet fully evolved.
3) You may only use PokeBalls.
4) You must nickname your Pokemon.
5) You cannot use items in battle unless your opponent uses them. For each item your opponent uses, you may use 1.
6) You may use held items.
7) Battle style must be SET.
8) Pokemon can faint and can be revived; however, there are certain limitations:
a) You cannot buy Revives from PokeMarts; only Revives found/discovered can be used. All other items can be purchased from a PokeMart.
b) You can only use a Pokemon Center in a town once. (Started out as twice, but I felt it was going to be too easy).
c) You can only catch a maximum of 6 Pokemon (starter counts as 1 of the 6); therefore, if you have 6 Pokemon and 1 faints, it is dead weight until it can be revived.
d) If all Pokemon faint (white out/black out), game over.

Team:
Spoiler:

Badges:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Wow no one did a b2/w2?
I'm not gonna be the one to start.

Username: Idankingo
Game: Soul Silver (btw someone has a ROM for SS who isnt freezing in youngster Joey/Mikey/ Gym Leader Falkner?)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2015
I just wanted to ask that could you get two Pokémon from one area but from different methods. Like getting one via tall grass and one via fishing or headbutt trees. And do gift Pokémon count as the one Pokémon in a certain route or city?

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Aug 27, 2021
HTML:
username: an0nymous
game: Pokemon Expert Emerald (Hack)*

*I just made one edit to Suicune's hack:
- Changed everyone's base stats and attack sets back to normal. I know it'll be harder but I'll live . . . maybe.

It's my first Nuzlocke, and my second time playing expert emerald. I only got up to Slateport the last time I played, so everything after that will be blind. Nicknames are TV/Movie/Game/Book based and I was going to explain the thought process behind them but decided not to in case I spoiled a tv show for anyone who isn't up to date
RULES
Spoiler:

Ill just be doing updates in between pokecenters
Update 1: Littleroot to Oldale Town
Spoiler:

Update 2: Oldale Town to Petalburg City
Spoiler:

Update 3: Petalburg City through Petalburg Woods to Rustboro City
Spoiler:

Update 4: Stone Badge
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
well i found out im packed on challenges so i will not take this Nuzlocke until...idk.
Also my game froze at falkner's final pokemon so i will RAGE QUIT as long as i have some dignity. Farewell

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
Meh, guess I should update again.

Update Two
  • Trainers on Route 20 are too easy. Sweep through them all.
  • Cheren drones on about boring grass I already know about. I receive Pecha berries.
  • I reach Virbank soon enough. Roxie argues with her mom/dad. Mother calls me. The usual boring story stuff.
  • I go to the complex after healing. At the entrance, I catch a Magnemite named Proton after the Rocket boss. (They're a good organization by the way, better than those lowlife Plasma jerks.) In the complex itself, I catch a female Pidove named Sylvia. Got myself a Flyer.
  • I battle the Trainers, get TM Rock Smash (that we hopefully won't have to use...) and grind a bit.
  • By the time I finish grinding everyone is Lv. 16. Pearl evolves into a Dewott and Oatmeal evolves into a Herdier.
  • Jahar is knocked out earlier in the grinding process by another overpowered Patrat. Dang it these things are really starting to irritate me... It wasn't like Jahar was any good at battling, but it would only get better from there and I was trying to be optimistic about him. Pfft, whatever. I should just stay my negative self shouldn't I?
  • Proton takes out my frustration caused by Jahar's untimely death on the stupid gym leader. Easy as pie, and I get the Toxic Badge.
  • Pokestudious crap. I can't believe I even bothered.
  • I return to Virbank and find a Silk Scarf. I give it to Sylvia as Oatmeal is overpowered enough.
  • Meet up with Bolt and Roxie and fight off some Grunts with Sylvia. Get HM Cut. I'm not teaching it to anyone quite yet.
  • Took the boat to Castelia (Hooray, a city that wasn't thought up at random!) and explore a bit. Get a Bike and a Quick Claw and rename Proton. His new name is Zero after the Kirby 64 and Kirby Dreamland 3 boss since they look similar.
  • Met up with Iris near the gym. She leads me to the sewers.
  • Traveled with Bolt through the sewers. Hoping for something cool, get a Zubat. Typical, now I'm stuck with yet another one of these buggers to put up with. Not that I dislike Crobat, but too many people use them in Nuzlockes and it annoys me to high heaven.
  • Named my female Zubat Vampiress and face off against some way too easy Plasma Grunts.
  • Colress comes out of nowhere, Burgh comes out of nowhere, I ditch Hugh and go to the secret staircase.
  • Headed up to the Castelia City lot and try to catch an Eevee, and I fail. Caught a Petlil instead and named her Herbie because why not?
  • Grinded Herbie and Vampiress to the same levels as everyone else. Headed back down to explore the rest of the sewers. Got some Leftovers but that's basically it. Trainers gave barely any experience.
  • Went back to Castelia and took on the Battle Company. Vampiress and Sylvia evolve into a Golbat and Tranquil.
  • Take on the gym and win easily. Burgh is a real pushover. A disgrace for a gym leader. Get the Insect Badge. Alright, I'm outta here.
Team:
Spoiler:

Deaths:
Spoiler:

Badges:
Spoiler:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Well i failed the solo run miserabley but i will try a different Nuzlocke his time:

Name: Idankingo
Game: Sacred Gold (HG hack...omg that is an awsome game)

And my first update:

-Started the game and named myself Idan (my real name)
-Picked Chikorita (Because i never used it before and why the hell not?)
-Named him "FAIL"
-Remembered WHY people don't pick chikorita.
-Reset the game and picked Totodile, male.
-Named the Totodile "Epicgator".

NOW WE CAN START. Will post updates every day or so.....stay tuned.

And now for my second update (I love SG so much ill pretty much upload an update like every day like i said):

-Got eevee, male from Cynthia
-Named him Derpeon
-Got the pokeballs from lyra
-Caught a Zigzagoon on route 29, male
-Named the zigzagoon Zoom (like the villain from "the Flash")
-Caught a houndour,female on route 46
-Named her ms.Ember (yeah awsome name i know)
-Found a ralts on route 30 (yay!).....i accidently killed it (Boo).
-OH and Zoom died after 3 battles.....Yeah....

Body count:1....

-Went on to dark cave
-killed the makuita i saw (dang)
-caught a bellsprout in route 31 and called it "I HATE U"
-went into violet city
-killed a Nincada in route 32 (nothing is working today)
-Answered the kanto quiz in the pokemon center and got a Bulbasaur, female which i named "Ivy" (like poison ivy-get it?)
-Entered Falkner's gym, saw i have under-leveled pokemon and decided to grind instead.

More updates Tomorrow

Last edited:

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Username: Victreebel's Bro
Game: Black 2
Other rules: No legendaries

Edit:
-Chose Snivy
-Named Nagini (after the snake in deathly hallows part 2)
-Jolly nature
-Male

-Caught Sewaddle at route 20
-Named Salad
-Relaxed nature
-Female

-Caught Azurill at flosessy ranch
-Named Azura
-Hasty nature
-Female
-Sadly, it died :(

-Defeated Cheren

The team:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
Username:The_epic_Sammy
Game:Crystal

OK in this update I

-started with totodile/toto
-got pokeballs
-caught pidgey/flutters
-caught caterpie/butter
-grinded
-both pidgey and caterpie died durning it
-caught geodude/rockhead
-caught belspout/dick
-grinded
-toto died of poison
-caught pidgey/futters:)
-beat bellspout tower and gym

Last edited:

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Update:
-Caught magnemite outside virbank complex
-Nicknamed Tron
-Died after 5 battles by a wild growlithe

-Caught growlithe inside virbank complex
-Nicknamed Wolf (genius...)
-Adamant nature
-Male

The team:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
UPDATE:

-went into the sprout tower
-Caught a Rattata, male and called him Joey (we all know friggin why)
-Joey, Ms.Ember, I HATE U and Ivy died...(80% of the team wiped out clean) by an Oddish with ****ing Acid

R.I.P:

Joey, 9-9
Ms.Ember 7-11
Ivy 10-10
I HATE U 6-9

Body count:5
Badges:0

Team:

Epicgator
Derpeon

I will grief my loss today until the end of tommorow.
GOODBYE.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
After putting Tremble in the Death box I pressed forward grudgingly. Getting surf I went to route 115 to go to the half hidden patch of grass that you use surf to get there to try and catch either a swellow or Jigglypuff. Insted I caught Guile the Gulliver. I then went to Mauville to do a favor for Watson. Caught Chime, the Magnemite :t081: in New Mauville and obtained the Thunderbolt TM for completing the side quest. Moving forward in route 118 I caught a Magikarp....yup...First pokemon I saw. Sploosh the Magikarp.... Followed by Castform in 119 nicknamed Shuppet. And just to backtrack a little I had revived Lileep from the fossil and used him for a while. He's level 32 but he's not dead I just decided not to use him. I obtained the hidden Leaf stone in route118/119 and evolved Onion. Heading through to route 120 I caught a Mighteyena named Cuca after a dog i was dogsitting a while back. He dieded it to a random trainer when I was first training him. So with no new member to the team I went ahead and battled Winona easily beating her even without an Electric type on my team. Went backtracking in game to get some new mons and in route 105 (you have to surf to get there) i ran into and critted a tentacool. Calling it a night I went ahead and saved. And that, thus far is my journey.

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Update
-Beat Roxie

-Nagini evolved into Servine

-Ventured into castelia sewers with my rival, Arse. Found a ratatta and a zubat, but Arses friggen Pignite killed them both. Dang >:(

-Caught a woobat at relic passage
-Nicknamed Poobat
-Female
-Hasty nature

-Caught a ratatta at castelia garden
-In memory of idankingo's ratatta, I nicknamed him Joey
-Male
-Hasty nature

-Edit: Joey died by a rollout from a marill. Heh, two joeys died quickly after they were caught...THE CURSE OF JOEY!!

-One last update for today: Caught a sandile at route 4
-Nicknamed Adam (as in Adam SANDler!...omg, the puns)
-Male
-Hardy nature

The team
Spoiler:

RIP
Spoiler:

To be continued...tomorrow

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Aug 27, 2021
UPDATE:

-went into the sprout tower
-Caught a Rattata, male and called him Joey (we all know friggin why)
-Joey, Ms.Ember, I HATE U and Ivy died...(80% of the team wiped out clean) by an Oddish with ****ing Acid

R.I.P:

Joey, 9-9
Ms.Ember 7-11
Ivy 10-10
I HATE U 6-9

Body count:5
Badges:0

Team:

Epicgator
Derpeon

I will grief my loss today until the end of tommorow.
GOODBYE.

my god, the carnage. were you underleveled or something. sacred gold has an uptick in difficulty too right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back