• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The World, exposed.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
OuIt's finally that fateful day in Human history that we have discovered everything we wished to know about our selves. And the thing is--it proved everything you believe in wrong. How do you adapt or cope or whatever?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I said in one of the other threads, I try not to fully believe in any one theory. Therefore I'm not really coping or adjusting. I guess it depends how the physical world is affected though.

Years
I would probably be extremely shocked, confused and left wondering who and what exactly I was, I dont think it would be easy for people.

Years
I'd adapt. The things I believe in with the most conviction are more principles than anything. You know, like be fair to people. That can't really be proven wrong, so even if we ended up actually living in a world that's full of unfair, terrible whatevers I could still stick to my beliefs so I wouldn't be totally knocked for a loop. It'd be weird and shocking, I'm sure, but I'm also sure nothing like that will happen to me.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I do not 'believe in' anything. I accept the universe for what it ostensibly is, in so far as it is relevant to my existence; if things will change, they simply will.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't even know. :x
Adapt, I guess, if possible. Though depending on the exact situation, I would potentially consider Insomniac's idea. :I

Edit: Just realized...would this mean I have no more morals? That would certainly have an upside. I could finally go back to "my old ways" haha. (:

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
If everything I knew to be true turned out to be a lie, I think I would handle it better than most. I have a built-in apathy toward anything in the world that doesn't affect me directly, so most of the revelations that came would have little effect on me, or relevance to me.

Those that did I'd just have to deal with in my own time. As long as I still had people around who cared about me, I don't think anything is really insurmountable.

Back