• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Survival Challenge v2 (M) (OOC)

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
So, is that trainer coming up on Zaki and Mara someone in particular, or do you want me to just wing it and bring him out? If that's the case I'm going to make it that NPC I mentioned.

EDIT: I posted already. If that trainer was supposed to be an NPC, don't reply yet; I'll edit them in and let you know when it's done.

Last edited:
Years
Hmmm, things are interesting right now, it seems like we have an alliance formed, a rivalry formed, someone still flying solo and a possible new RPer (maybe two) coming in. I'm liking where this is going.

Also, in the next IC day or two I'm thinking of going into a full out strategy war between our characters Henderson (and Kanea) since that is the forte of both :D
What do you say?

Also, I'm moving the time frame into mid-late afternoon if you guys don't mind. Since I have some plot extras going to occur in the next few IC days and want to get a move on.

Years
Loving the way things are going!

Very interesting to see how these characters are developing, I'm already plotting ideas for the next IC day :D - which will be shortly by the way.

Vexilum

I play Pokemon to have fun
Years
Name: Vex

Nickname(s): N/A

Appearance: African american with brown dreadlocks and a green/yellow jogging suit. Similar to the Dancer character found in B/W. He is tall, about six feet. He has hazel eyes and an often walks with a nonchalant disposition.
031.gif

Personality: Born in Pewter city, next door to Brock's pokemon gym, Vex always aspired to be the very best pokemon trainer. His mother and father were expert pokemon breeders, and his father gave him a brand new Charmander egg for his 7th birthday. The two of them grew stronger together, and would be best friends until death.

Vex's bond with his pokemon never grows weak. Helping his parents at the daycare gave him the chance to interact with pokemon directly, and gave him an understanding of pokemons' personalities and their ability to love humans. He always has a hard time depositing anyone to the PC, because he thinks they'll feel too lonely. Vex's pokemon are his friends, and that will never change.

Vex always has more to learn about pokemon and about himself. Vex often makes rash decisions, dangerous misjudgments, and causes problems that are usually solved by his loyal friends, his pokemon. Vex has never had many human friends, only his pokemon to turn to for comfort. Constantly travelling never allows him to hold down a friendship in one spot, but his pokemon are always with him.

Team on arrival: Note: This team is based on several of my favorite pokemon that I've used in various game playthroughs, including: Leaf Green, Emerald, Platinum, and Black.

Eenzie the Charizard.
006.gif

Ability: Blaze
Moves: Flamethrower, Fly, Slash, Overheat.

Tsunami the Whiscash.
340.gif

Ability: Oblivious
Moves: Earthquake, Surf, Rest, Snore.

Xavier the Dustox.
269.gif

Ability: Shield dust
Moves: Psybeam, Ariel Ace, Moonlight, Flash.

Bowser the Krookodile.
553.gif

Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Dig, Bulldoze, Crunch, Torment.

Ryu the Lucario.
448.gif

Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Force palm, Quick attack, Aura Sphere, Copy Cat.

Bella the Bellsprout.
069.gif

Ability: Chlorophyl
Moves: Vine whip
Note: Bella hatched from an egg on the boat ride to the island, and is only level 1.

History: Vex was born in the Kanto region and recieved his first pokemon his father. At first Vex didn't understand what it meant to have a pokemon. He thought he would be the best trainer ever if he caught as many pokemon as he could. This was not the case, however, and left him with no pokeball money and too many Pidgeys. Vex quickly realized what was really important about being a trainer, the bonds he would form with his partners. And so, after beating the Kanto league, he let his many pokemon free, except for his newly evolved Charizard, Eenzie.

He then headed to Hoenn, searching for a new beginning and trained a full team of pokemon there: A Dustox, a Gyarados, a Weezing, a Machoke, a Wobbufet, and of course, his Charizard. Vex was finally ready to challenge Hoenn's Elite Four, but was unfortunately greeted by a group of mysterious bandits. They escaped with four of his six pokemon, leaving him with just Eenzie and his Dustox, Xavier. After weeks of hunting for the bandits, Vex finally decided to give up and move on to another region without trying to beat the Hoenn Elite Four at all. Next stop, Unova.

Vex made it through the Unova league with no problems. By then he he was nearly an expert. He built up his team once again with new and interesting pokemon. The League was baffled by his amazing skill that could not be matched by that of the Elite Four. Vex heard rumors about some interesting research being conducted in Sinnoh by a man named Prof. Rowan, so Eenzie took him there. Finding Rowan had already found an assistant, Dawn, Vex decided to challenge the Sinnoh league. He caught more pokemon in the Sinnoh region, his favorite new pokemon by far was his Lucario, Ryu. He had raised it from a Riolu, and the two were now close enough that Ryu could communicate with Vex. Ryu could even translate what Vex's other pokemon were saying, which brought Vex even closer together with all of his pokemon. After beating Byron's gym in Canalave City, Vex recieved the letter...

Brief summary of preparation day: The letter was spontaneous. He received it right after defeating Byron in Canalave City. He had no time to prepare, the boat was already waiting. The only preparation he had was a pep talk between him and his pokemon, and a kiss on the cheek from Dawn.

Other Info: I made a trainer card (which by the way would be a cool thing to make everyone have) but the site didn't let me post it. Oh well!

Last edited:
Years
You'll need to a bit of work before I can accept you - sorry if this sounds harsh but below are notes on how to improve.

Personality and Appearance - You need to give a lot more detail in both. The basics are there but you need to expand on them and flesh them out to create a truly interesting and unique character.

Team - Nothing accept that there are no actual levels, that being said a hatchling would be quite weak so I'm intrigued by the development and character growth opportunities.

History - Your history is doable, although there is a lot of room from improvement. For example, there's no way he could have gone through leagues without a full team since full teams are required from the quarter finals onwards. Secondly, his father cannot be one of the in-game or anime gym leaders since none of them really give anything to suggest taunting or violent behaviour. The incident in question could also be elaborated on.

Other: I liked the trainer card idea xD

Vexilum

I play Pokemon to have fun
Years
Thanks for the tips. If I make improvements would I be able to send in another app? I'm thinking of rewriting the whole thing anyways. I wrote it like a week ago so by now I can see i kinda don't like it.

Years
Much better. His appearance still needs some work but everything else is acceptable. Once his apperance is gone into more I'll accept you :)

Years
Honestly your description leaves a lot to be desired still... but I'll accept you so long as your actual posts are up to scratch - which I expect they probably will be from reading the rest of your SU. You can post at will, I'll add you into the OP shortly.

Years
Of course :D
You're reserved, don't panic if the OP says otherwise I just haven't gotten around to updating it yet.

Edit: I'm wrapping up the first IC day now. Everyone can have one more post and then we'll move on.

Last edited:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Of Characters and Sheets
Name: Kingsley Barajas
Nickname: King... Yes, he's that eccentric :p

Appearance: Standing at 5ft 8 57⁄64inches, with a slightly tanned skin. He has a medium built, weight being around 17o lbs, making him not flat and neither fat. His head covered in messy, black hair. Light brown eyes, with a blue hoodie (with the word AWESOME! embossed in it), dark red jeans, and a pair of white sneakers with black stripes at the sides being his clothing.

He sports a black messenger bag where he carries whatever he needs. And a deep-sea-blue cap covering his head. More than an average amount of hair covering his body, making him rather.. "fluffy" as others would likely describe him. Reading glasses stored in his messenger bag, which he actually needs for more than just reading.

One would ask him to read something, no matter how close or far, and it would be near impossible for him to do that...

Personality: A little bit self-centered and somewhat obssessed with strategy. He will never hesitate to point out someone's flaws, or just plain tell them the truth, no matter how crude it can be. He likes to refer to this as just "being way too honest". Some people find it endearing. Afterr all, what kind of jerk would tell ypou you're not good at anything when he probably isn't better than you at that? Well, he does. But its' not because he's a jerk (although he sometimes seems like it). He likes to learn, both from flaws and rightly done things. He, however, has a hard time tolerating stuff that is done wrong, even if he does it wrong. He tends to over analyze, mostly trying to picture any scenarios that can come from his decisions. He, however, can only think of worst-case scenarios. Have you ever heard of someone thinking that catching a Pidgey could eventually lead to world domination? Well, now you have.

But as jerky as he can seem, he does seem to care for those who are close to him. He is just not a fan of showing affection, and, in fact, can seem rather coldhearted at times. This makes it hard for him to find friends, but when he does, he's set to remain friends with them for a really long way to go. He cares deeply for his parents, and would do anything needed to protect them.

Quite adventurous in spirit, but also lazy as a Slakoth. He thrives for adventure... as long as those adventures are less than a block of distance... It's been long since he's been itching for a good journey, and the chance of doing so in a distant island proves to be... exciting... but he'd rather spend his time watching some random TV shows if you ask him.

Team on arrival: Team MayhemMaxima, or just M&M for short, is how he describes his team. But unlike what one could think, it's composed entirely of females. So I guess you could say it's a rather fabulous team?

373.png

Dyonisse/Salamance♀
Spoiler:

Spr_5b_078_s.png

Apocalyptica/Rapidash♀
Spoiler:

Spr_5b2_025_f.png

Maxinne/Pikachu♀
Spoiler:

Spr_5b_464_f.png

GlimmHorn/Rhyperior♀
Spoiler:

478.png

Lady Frost/Frosslass♀
Spoiler:

Spr_5b_260.png

HorrorTerror/Swampert♀
Spoiler:

History: He was raised most of his life in Kanto, the original land. He however, found the region, as well as its Pokemon, to be quite dull to say the least. He wasn't very noticed in school, but that does't mean he was bullied or anything. His life, in fact, had been very normal... and boring.

He enjoyed playing around with his mother's Ponyta and Pichu, the only Pokemon she had left from her journey around Kanto and the Sevii Islands. She released everyone else, as she preferred them to be in the open land living their life, rather than trapped in Pokeballs, She decide to keep those two because she just knew her son would get along with them.

His father decided, on his sixteenth birthday, to give him a chance of journeying on a distant region, Hoenn. Kingsley seemed rather hesitant at first. After all, who would be there to protect them? But his father later convinced him that they would be okay.

And so, he set sail to a journey full of promises and excitement. He was told to stay with a friend of his father in Slateport City whenever he needed to. He did, and successfully gathered the eight badges of the region.

He, however, lost quite quickly in the annual league. He couldn't believe how strong all the Trainers in Ever Grande City were. And to think that he thought he would be stronger than them... He decide to return to Slateport, and to train even more. However, his father's friend was missing. People around town told him he had left to Mauville, to the Game corner, actually, but never reached the city, nor did he ever return.

Extensive search from authorities and him followed, but not a single trace of him was found. 1 week passed, and he received news from his mother's best friend in Kanto that both his parents had passed out, natural causes and all. He was heartbroken after hearing that. No longer did he have any family left, and he was all on his own now...

He retreated to Slateport... No longer knowing what he would do. And that's when he found the letter... Promising him a new adventure in a distant land. He decide to go, after all, what else could he do now?

Of Preparations and Departures
The letter was rather... short and somehow didn't explain a lot. He had a hard time struggling with watching his favorite show on TV or going to the island. After consulting with himself around 20 times, he tossed a coin so that the odds could decide for him. He was expecting tails, for that way he could just sleep the rest of his existence in a comfy bed. Unfortunately, the odds weren't really by his side...

He glanced in disappointment at the sight of a Heads. Oh well, he thought, as he began packing all he thought was needed during the journey.

And before heading to the docks, he decided to talk with the little Mayhems about what would await them. Something that could only be described as "apparently much of a big deal" in his own words. They all then headed simultaneously towards the ship that would lead them to a new chapter in Team MayhemMaxima's career, as well as Kingsley's life.

And that leads us to now...

Last edited:
Back