• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

Years
What do you mean by: In some parts when you lose a battle it's game over, do you mean you have to restart all over or is it just a bug?
Might sound stupid but this confused me.

(I'm talking about RD: Broken Timeline)

Also, I'm familiar with the RD series but is it advised to play through the series or can i start at which ever I want because Broken Timeline seems alot of fun! :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
What do you mean by: In some parts when you lose a battle it's game over, do you mean you have to restart all over or is it just a bug?

(I'm talking about RD: Broken Timeline)

Also, I'm familiar with the RD series but is it advised to play through the series or can i start at which ever I want because Broken Timeline seems alot of fun! :)

Jagold mentioned the game over previously, not a bug completely intentional, and i think it is just to last save.

also i don't know what jagold would say for reccomended order though i'd say start with rescue rangers which while definitely the weakest (at least in my opinion) does give a lot of information that causes the others to make MUCH more sence, then go to reign of legends, life of guardians then BT (also as far as i can recall from forever ago that would have been the "cannon" order (though can you have a cannon in what amounts to a glorified fan fiction?)).

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Why do I keep forgetting to reply here? >.>

Help me!!
Life of guardian.
When i enter Mount Krystal all i see was mist even when i encounter wild pokemon..
please help.

That's how the mist work if you play on DesMume, the last time I checked. I'm not sure about No$GBA, but since my hack is a GBA hack, maybe you should try playing the game with Visual Boy Advance?

Can someone help me with downloading this? I can't get the patch to work to play it.

You need to download a Ruby ROM that is version 1.0

By the way, I hope fewer trainers will spam Double Team in BT...

I hope so, too. ^_^

destinedjagold,is april coming back,is she definetly coming back.

I'm not certain. I only wrote the backbone of the story so far and I am just filling out the story as I go. So who knows?

sigh i wanted to play RoL with the map fixed but i cant find the right ruby rom i tried with several roms at tsukuyomi and NUPS but nothing.... help!!!

Hm... When I get the chance, I'll probably create a patch for other Ruby ROMs. :/
For now, I suggest you try and search for a version 1.0 Ruby ROM.

What that mean is that there are certain events in the game wherein you'll need to battle bad guys. If you lose to them (not all of them though, but most of them), then it's game over, because, hey, you lose against the bad guys. They killed you... o.o

Well, you may not be able to understand the story properly if you'll first play LoG or BT. I suggest you will first play Rescue Rangers, and then Reign of Legends. Mind you, those two hacks of mine are from my early years of hacking, so they may be...sucky, graphic and scripting wise. :P And mind the bugs though. :/

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Why do I keep forgetting to reply here? >.>

That's how the mist work if you play on DesMume, the last time I checked. I'm not sure about No$GBA, but since my hack is a GBA hack, maybe you should try playing the game with Visual Boy Advance?

You need to download a Ruby ROM that is version 1.0

I hope so, too. ^_^

I'm not certain. I only wrote the backbone of the story so far and I am just filling out the story as I go. So who knows?

Hm... When I get the chance, I'll probably create a patch for other Ruby ROMs. :/
For now, I suggest you try and search for a version 1.0 Ruby ROM.

What that mean is that there are certain events in the game wherein you'll need to battle bad guys. If you lose to them (not all of them though, but most of them), then it's game over, because, hey, you lose against the bad guys. They killed you... o.o

Well, you may not be able to understand the story properly if you'll first play LoG or BT. I suggest you will first play Rescue Rangers, and then Reign of Legends. Mind you, those two hacks of mine are from my early years of hacking, so they may be...sucky, graphic and scripting wise. :P And mind the bugs though. :/
Thanks, and I'll try to get it to work.

Teijo

Shine more brightly like a Crimson Star..
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2021
*Reads all features noted in Broken Timeline*
As if Life of Guardians didn't already scar me with it's randomly increased level cap near the ending of the game. ;__; (I enjoyed it though Jagold).

Hmm... I didn't know Rescue Rangers came after Reign of Legends, I must play it soon!
>:0

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2020
How has this been out for so long without me realising? Oh well, I'm rectifying that as we speak. I've cleared four of the five regions so far, with just Crest to go. I'll be writing my incredibly detailed critique over the festive period once my finals are done. Look forward to it.

The one thing I'll mention now (and hope someone else didn't beat me to it) is that Volt Switch is actually a Special attack, not Physical. Don't worry, everyone makes that mistake, since U-Turn is physical and all.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
do you need to play the 1,2,3 to know what is happening in 4?
because I heard broken timeline is AMAZING, but dont have time to play the previous games.

Unfortunately, yes. :/
But so far, you'll only be having trouble understanding what is going on during the Prologue. Chapter 1 of the game is pretty much okay without playing the previous games.

broken timeline is not working with me
am unpatching it but still ruby

You'll need to download a version 1.0 Ruby ROM for it to work. :/

How has this been out for so long without me realising? Oh well, I'm rectifying that as we speak. I've cleared four of the five regions so far, with just Crest to go. I'll be writing my incredibly detailed critique over the festive period once my finals are done. Look forward to it.

The one thing I'll mention now (and hope someone else didn't beat me to it) is that Volt Switch is actually a Special attack, not Physical. Don't worry, everyone makes that mistake, since U-Turn is physical and all.

Trust me, I'm really looking forward to your critique. ;)

And about Volt Switch...oops.

*Reads all features noted in Broken Timeline*
As if Life of Guardians didn't already scar me with it's randomly increased level cap near the ending of the game. ;__; (I enjoyed it though Jagold).

Hmm... I didn't know Rescue Rangers came after Reign of Legends, I must play it soon!
>:0

Rescue Rangers is a fugly game. Don't play it! Eep! >.>

Oh, that's so reassuring. XP I guess I shouldn't even consider nuzlocking this.

I was kidding. ^_^
So far, there's only one guy who has Double Team on his team. Other than him though, no other trainer has Double Team on their team (as far as I remember).
Unless of course the 'mons that trainers have naturally learns Double Team via level. :/

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2016
Somehow the UPS patcher keeps saying invalid checksum when trying to patch RoL, RR, LoG. When I patch BT it just works fine but the other 3 just won't work. Tryed 5 different Ruby roms some not certain if its 1.1 but the ones that where 1.0 didn't work either.

Even the Ruby rom I used to patch RoL, RR, LoG when it first came out didn't work.

Any suggestions? or do u know how to fix it? Maby the ups files of RR, LoG, RoL are corrupted with checksum?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I finished Reign of Legends now just have to pick the next one to play.....
Really i got such a long list of hacks i gotta play idk where my time for it is :)

Years
I finished Reign of Legends now just have to pick the next one to play.....
Really i got such a long list of hacks i gotta play idk where my time for it is :)

Rescue Rangers, right? Haha, I nearly pulled all my hair when I played that game =D

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Rescue Rangers, right? Haha, I nearly pulled all my hair when I played that game =D

Haha ya just downloaded both that and life of guardians. Kinda hard lol but great games the only thing id like to see more of is custom sprites for some of the characters like the teams haha ^^

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
Years
im already played the reign of legends , about the rescue rangers im not already play haha !! im already played destiny of the guardian ..about the broken timeline not play also ..i can DL that later :) keep it up like like like

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 22, 2016
Somehow the UPS patcher keeps saying invalid checksum when trying to patch RoL, RR, LoG. When I patch BT it just works fine but the other 3 just won't work. Tryed 5 different Ruby roms some not certain if its 1.1 but the ones that where 1.0 didn't work either.

Even the Ruby rom I used to patch RoL, RR, LoG when it first came out didn't work.

Any suggestions? or do u know how to fix it? Maby the ups files of RR, LoG, RoL are corrupted with checksum?

Im getting same problem here, but for me only RoL isn't working (sorry double post)

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2014
I really want to play all four of them, but whenever i try to patch it and then play on VBA it just gives me a gray screen. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong??

I tried changing it to IPS and using Lunar but all i get is the gray screen despite it saying patch successful.
With NUPS and the UPS files here it just says the patches are corrupt...

Last edited:

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
Years
I really want to play all four of them, but whenever i try to patch it and then play on VBA it just gives me a gray screen. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong??

I tried changing it to IPS and using Lunar but all i get is the gray screen despite it saying patch successful.
With NUPS and the UPS files here it just says the patches are corrupt...

just set ur flash in 120k ?? just try :)

Back