• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Pleased don't stop this game or close the thread, I read your 1st post and I started downloading before I read anyone else's post, this game is amazing, it has a lot of constant upgrades so far and you are active here which is good and not many threads have that attention :)

This game looks really good I'm still downloading at the moment(having download issues recently) but what do I need to make it work and could you show/tell me where to get it from if possible, can't wait to start playing :)

Well, it seems that people have trouble downloading this game or starting this game. I checked this rapidshare link which didn't work well a couple of days ago but now it can be used again, try it if your trouble comes from downloading process:
http://rs283.rapidshare.com/files/124527930/Pokemon_Hall_Of_Fame_V_1.1.rar

Besides, I also heard someone claiming that they're unable to play the game properly. What I told them to do is to check whether they have installed RTP or have it damaged. RTP is fairly important to play games made by RPG Makers so you should check it before playing the game.

I appreciate your interest in Pokemon HOF very much, hope you have a good time enjoying my fan game.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Dude, if you are in need of sprites, I foudn this website that has alot of srites on it...
http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/pokemon/
also if you need somthing thats not on that site, it might be on this picture, which you can copy and paste....
untitled2.jpg

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
No I downloaded it fine, it doesn't seem to work, I guess I need that program you mentioned, could you provide me with a link if possible ?

Douger

A True Spriting Hero
Years
Well, this is...interesting...

I think you should do a feel things first.

Make the nighttime a bit brighter. Too dark and hard to see.
You should make more sprites if you can't find any. [See Cissy, for example]
A female protagonist is NOT neccessary considering Olga.
However, it would make the game like R/B/Y. Hmm...

Just a few of my thoughts. Plus, why call it Hall of Fame?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Dude, if you are in need of sprites, I foudn this website that has alot of srites on it...
http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/pokemon/
also if you need somthing thats not on that site, it might be on this picture, which you can copy and paste....

Thanks a lot, some of the pics like yellow's are really helpful!

Well, this is...interesting...

I think you should do a feel things first.

Make the nighttime a bit brighter. Too dark and hard to see.
You should make more sprites if you can't find any. [See Cissy, for example]
A female protagonist is NOT neccessary considering Olga.
However, it would make the game like R/B/Y. Hmm...

Just a few of my thoughts. Plus, why call it Hall of Fame?

1. The nighttime might be a little bit dark in the screenshots since I tested this game in mid-night. The brightness of daytime and nighttime will change throughout the day and you can notice the difference between morning, noon, afternoon, dawn and midnight.

2. I simply can't make sprites on my own so I'm still seeking for help. Trainer sprites like Cissy's are fine in this game but the character sprites aren't, since they look the same as the other NPC or ordinary trainers. I have to get spriters in order to improve the game visual effect.

3. I started the poll since there're some girls claiming the lack of female characters to play in this game. I'm still not sure whether it's necessary to do it and there's no way to carry out a project like this if I don't have spriters.

4. The reason why I call this game Pokemon HOF is that it will witness the growth of the protagonist from simply a small kid to the Pokemon master as the protagonist explore different regions to realize the dream. It could be called Pokemon Legend as well but this name has been used by multiple fan games and I personally prefer the name "HOF" to the name "Legend".

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2008
i think there's a bug i can't go past the old guy in viridian city after i give oak the parcel

EJames2100

Years
Thank you, just downloading, hope to play on it soon :)

Ok, 1st problem I had was I clicked on the game and it opened and gave me an error sound and closed itself, I downloaded that RTP and installed and tried it and got the same, I re-downloaded HOF and it still happens, any ideas ?

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Sorry, that never really happened to me.

UPDATE:
The Kanto map is done and it should be out in the next Beta. Right now I'm working on the region map of SOUTH ORANGE. I had to split the islands because the archipelago by itself is bigger than Kanto and Johto put together. Mandarin South is a gigantic island so... Hmmmm....

Right now all the region maps will be done in FRLG style.

In a future update, you will also see some more goodies, many of which are done by me in the hopes of optimizing your gaming experience. They probably won't be in the next Beta because I may not get them done before Hall of Famer's done programming the rest of SOUTH ORANGE.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Sorry, that never really happened to me.

UPDATE:
The Kanto map is done and it should be out in the next Beta. Right now I'm working on the region map of SOUTH ORANGE. I had to split the islands because the archipelago by itself is bigger than Kanto and Johto put together. Mandarin South is a gigantic island so... Hmmmm....

Right now all the region maps will be done in FRLG style.

In a future update, you will also see some more goodies, many of which are done by me in the hopes of optimizing your gaming experience. They probably won't be in the next Beta because I may not get them done before Hall of Famer's done programming the rest of SOUTH ORANGE.

Excellent work InMooseWeTrust! I'm right back on this project and the map of Murcott Island is already half-finished. It may still takes some time for the next release since I still have 6 islands to complete before finishing the entire south Orange(Murcott Island, a deserted Island, Mandarin Island South, Fairchild Island, Cleopatra Island and probably Shamouti Island). I've completed modifying the moves.txt so the D/P moves and new moves for new pokemon types are already set. We're also trying to find all the glitches and fix them before the next version is out. Have a good day everyone!

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
Excellent work InMooseWeTrust! I'm right back on this project and the map of Murcott Island is already half-finished. It may still takes some time for the next release since I still have 6 islands to complete before finishing the entire south Orange(Murcott Island, a deserted Island, Mandarin Island South, Fairchild Island, Cleopatra Island and probably Shamouti Island). I've completed modifying the moves.txt so the D/P moves and new moves for new pokemon types are already set. We're also trying to find all the glitches and fix them before the next version is out. Have a good day everyone!
You have??
Loss of Credit there anyway glad to see you've got a excellent member INMOOSEWETRUST to help your game I wish I had that much help..

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
You have??
Loss of Credit there anyway glad to see you've got a excellent member INMOOSEWETRUST to help your game I wish I had that much help..

I'm sorry I made you misunderstand what I mean. I added some new moves for the new pokemon types I created so the moves.txt file is now completed. I've already credited you in the beginning of the thread and I never said that it was me who created those D/P moves by myself.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Oh..Sorry...
I get annoyed when people don't reply in my thread...

It's fine. It was me who made a mistake first. You shouldn't care so much about whether people reply in your thread and actually you already did a much better job than I. You started the game thread in Mid-June and now you have 40 replies already. I did get 34 after a month but my own posts made up half of those replies. Remember the most important reason why you make this game is to entertain yourself, not to make the other people satisfied.

Btw, you said you don't get someone to help you out but don't you have a spriter already as is stated in your game thread? Inmoosewetrust is a co-mapper and co-scripter for this game project but I may still need some spriter. On the other hand, I'll sometimes post in your game thread to give you as much support as I can. Hope you can hold on and not to give it up if you can't get enough help.

EJames2100

Years
Yeah I figured out what was wrong, very stupid on my part, I downloaded RPC(I think) and I placed it in a file, i didn't know I the had to find it and install it myself >< Well it works now :)

Could you make a little control file, what button does what ? it took me a while to figure out how to open and map and it was the same button to cancel as well ?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Yeah I figured out what was wrong, very stupid on my part, I downloaded RPC(I think) and I placed it in a file, i didn't know I the had to find it and install it myself >< Well it works now :)

Could you make a little control file, what button does what ? it took me a while to figure out how to open and map and it was the same button to cancel as well ?

It's good to see you get the game going! The control is simple so most of we game makers don't emphasize it. The basic rule is to use up/down/left/right button to move the characters. The enter/space button serves as the button "A" in GBA, while the ESC button is used as the button "B" in GBA. If you register an item like Rod or Bicycle, press the F5 button to get it work. Contact me if you still have some other questions, hope you enjoy playing Pokemon HOF.

Waudby

It's good to see you get the game going! The control is simple so most of we game makers don't emphasize it. The basic rule is to use up/down/left/right button to move the characters. The enter/space button serves as the button "A" in GBA, while the ESC button is used as the button "B" in GBA. If you register an item like Rod or Bicycle, press the F5 button to get it work. Contact me if you still have some other questions, hope you enjoy playing Pokemon HOF.

Woah they're weird controls.

Can you not make player chosen controls?

I don't know about RMXP but in sphere I can set up the player to use his own key arrangements just by using the sphere config tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back