• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New moves speculation!

Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've thought of an idea for an Electric-type status move (Which is quite unusual considering that there are only three of these moves around so far). How about something like a Zap Mat? It plays similar to Toxic Spikes, but instead of poisoning it paralyses Pokemon that switch in to battle.

I like a lottttt. It would definitely make a Aromatherapy/Heal Bell user necessary on offensive teams, which would change up how competitive is a lot. Of course it should only be limited to a few Pokemon for that reason, but it could certainly make competitive a little different/more interesting!

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Does anyone else think Steel type Needs better moves ? All the good Offensive moves have a bad accuracy and i don't see a reason for that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Does anyone else think Steel type Needs better moves ? All the good Offensive moves have a bad accuracy and i don't see a reason for that.

Still not as bad as rock honestly, which is seen a lot more in general than steel really. :x Not that I'm opposed to better steel moves I'd just rather if rock got more love first! A few 100% accuracy ones would be niceee.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
But i can kind of see why rock moves would be Inaccurate. What's the deal with Steel moves ? Why the cold shoulder to accuracy ?

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Lol, did u forget the condition of dark type moves... they seriously need some gud moves of bp 100 atleast, highest being Night Daze only 85 bp.........
No, I didn't "forget." I posted about Poisons.

If you want to make the case that Darks need some more powerful moves, go ahead. I might even agree.

I've always assumed that Steel moves are sort of inadequate because Steel is such a good defensive typing that giving them good offensive moves as well would be potentially unbalancing.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
More good Ghost type moves. Possibly a few physical moves for them, as there aren't many. More "signature" moves that only 1 pokemon can learn. You know. Unique stuff.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
But i can kind of see why rock moves would be Inaccurate. What's the deal with Steel moves ? Why the cold shoulder to accuracy ?

Because Steel is heavy and given that I assume it's harder to control. Even still, Rock would benefit more, even if they're "meant" to be inaccurate!

blue

gucci
Years
There defintely needs to be a generic Rock type move with high power (80/90), 100% accuracy and that can be learnt by multiple Pokemon of different types. The closest we have to that is Power Gem which can only be learnt by a handful of Pokemon, all of the others have either mediocre power or low accuracy and I've never been keen on Rock Slide or Stone Edge since they're both unreliable.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm I think I want a better version of Wil-O-Wisp. By that I mean a 100% accurate wide-distribution move that causes a burn and has a side effect of like 20% to the opponent but may confuse the user of it. That's so it's different to WoW but still is kind of unique. :3

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I just want better rock moves. My Gigalith could really benefit from that in comeptitive play. Or just some more moves that can be learned by rock types because it seems like they're stuck on rock, ground, steel, and normal moves. Not the best for fighting pokemon. Rock types have really good defenses, but people never use them because of the very limited moveset they posses. My Gigalith can stand its own in some battles in competitive play, but a wider moveset would really push it over the top!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just want better rock moves. My Gigalith could really benefit from that in comeptitive play. Or just some more moves that can be learned by rock types because it seems like they're stuck on rock, ground, steel, and normal moves. Not the best for fighting pokemon. Rock types have really good defenses, but people never use them because of the very limited moveset they posses. My Gigalith can stand its own in some battles in competitive play, but a wider moveset would really push it over the top!

Well depending on what type of caves there are, um, there could also be ice/water moves that could be used by rock types, given that in some caves you get ice and water dripping if it's really cold or old. Something like Condensation, which'd be like, well, what Condensation really is, except it's attacking and 80 BP water or ice!

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I've just thought of an idea for two draining moves: Vamp Leech and Vamp Drain. Vamp Leech is a status-move that is accessible to only those of the Ghost-type, and it works just like Leech Seed, except that its a Ghost-type move, and thus, Ghost types are immune to this move. This would make some bulky Ghosts like Dusknoir and Cofagrigus a lot harder to take down. :P Vamp Drain is the attack variant which works like Giga Drain, and its also a Ghost-type move.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've just thought of an idea for two draining moves: Vamp Leech and Vamp Drain. Vamp Leech is a status-move that is accessible to only those of the Ghost-type, and it works just like Leech Seed, except that its a Ghost-type move, and thus, Ghost types are immune to this move. This would make some bulky Ghosts like Dusknoir and Cofagrigus a lot harder to take down. :P Vamp Drain is the attack variant which works like Giga Drain, and its also a Ghost-type move.

I'd like moves like these. :3 Although they do remind me a little of Leech Life, buut if there's lots of ghosts something like this could be totally viable, and make Misdreavus better for NU (especially if it's special lool).

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I would love a move called Radiation/Nuclear Explosion that is electric/fire, but with have a poison effect. There should be a Pokemon that is specifically a radioactive Pokemon. I think a Weezing evolution would be perfect. Hakking... Electric/Poison with a radioactive symbol instead of the skull and bones?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would love a move called Radiation/Nuclear Explosion that is electric/fire, but with have a poison effect. There should be a Pokemon that is specifically a radioactive Pokemon. I think a Weezing evolution would be perfect. Hakking... Electric/Poison with a radioactive symbol instead of the skull and bones?

Nuclear Explosion just sounds too... complicated. I mean they have Explosion for explosions, which includes all sorts I guess. :(

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
No, it would be Hiroshima all over again but with evolved weezings.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
New gen 6 move ideas

Hey guys, Archeops12354 here and I have come up with some pretty decent moves for gen 6!
Here's some ideas I came up with, I hope you like them!: :)

Singularity: This is a dark type move, "The user emits a strange aura that circles around the foe." So basically, this a non-attack move that deals damage to the foe each turn for five turns (similar to the move bind). Each turn it randomly deals between 1 to 500 hp damage, (this move will be a move learnt at a high level)
PP = 5/5

Tsunami: A water type version of guillotine. "The user ravages the target with a massive tidal wave, the foe will faint if it hits."
PP = 5/5

Saw Blades: A physical steel type attack that shoots saw blades at the enemy, this attack has a power of 75. But if the original user of the move is still in battle during the next turn, the sawblades return to the user, dealing another 75 damage to the foe even if you are currently using a move! "The user looses a flurry of deadly blades at the target, the blades will return to the user while slicing up the target once more."
PP = 10/10

Eclipse: Yet another dark type move! This is a weather condition just like rain dance or sunny day. Dark and ghost types will have increased evasion during an eclipse, dark and ghost type moves will also be increased. The moves moonlight and morning sun will not heal the user at all during an eclipse. "The user shrouds the arena in sheer darkness, dark and ghost types become more powerful."
PP = 5/5

Dark Bolt:
*sigh*, yes another dark type move. I really like the dark type and I believe their moves are not powerful enough, so SHADDAP! Anyway, this move is the dark type version of solarbeam, a two turn attack that will activate in one turn if in an eclipse. Speaking of which, solarbeam will fail during an eclipse, and dark bolt will fail during harsh sunlight. "The user absorbs darkness on the first turn, then unleashes a devastating strike of energy at the foe."
PP = 10/10

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I've always wanted a fire type Heat Beam, where a thin beam of light burns through things.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
Some more typings for priority moves would be nice *thumbs up* you know...so Scizor can get...oh wait. Scizor's perf with Bullet Punch. Who need dat bug-type move doe?...Volcarona, Galvantula, Caterpie; I see where this is going.

Specifically I want to see a Fire-type priority move as well as an Electric and/or Flying. Just so that some pokes aren't stuck with the redundancy of Quick Attack and Aqua Jet. *cough cough 60% of the eevee line cough cough*

While we're at it - how about SPECIAL priority moves? Why do they all have to be physical? Do you see that crying Vaporeon over there? Yeah - it's stuck with a Quick Attack that it can barely utilize under the best of circumstances. It's holding up a sign that says "pls hlp me wil do antying 4 spicil moffs."

*brb crying for the Vaporeons*

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
The one thing I most want to see in the next gen, as far as moves go, is a solid 80 to 100 base power physical fire move with no recoil. Whether it's the fire equivalent of Aqua Tail or Zen Headbutt, for instance (90% accuracy and 90 base power) or Crunch or X Scissor (100% and 80 base power) - I just want something like that. It's an obviously missing move. And Flareon in particular really needs it.

Close second to that - the Electric equivalent. The most powerful common physical move is relatively weak - Spark, at base 65 - and the next thing up is Wild Charge, a recoil move, and it's only base 90. It should be bumped up to about 120 (to put it in line with the rest of the recoil moves), then there should be a 90/90 or 100/80 physical move with no recoil that can be added to the movesets of things like Luxray and Zebstrika.

Back