• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Mega-Evolutions do you prefer in OU right now?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Yaaay so, obviously Mega-Pokemon in the OU metagame are really great to use right now, but I just want to gather a collective opinion on this; which mega-evolved pokemon do you prefer to use in OU, and why? Or, does your choice simply depend on your team (meaning you have no preference)?

I'll give you an example of two of my favourites:

Mega-Sableye
302Sableye_Mega_Dream.png

This pokemon would of otherwise been okay, but they gave it a really broken ability: Magic bounce. Which means, this pokemon is absolutely amazing on pivoting against pokemon like Ferrothorn, Skarmory, or even some sets of Klefi who likes to set up hazards and such. The only problem is, I don't think it's really a one-size fits all pokemon, meaning, it's not that great on more Offensive team compositions, but slap it on stall or maybe even balance, and it does work wonders!

Mega-Lopunny
latest

Yeah, so Bunny Queen here is incredibly fast and really good at revenge killing or late-game cleanup with Power-up Punch! Scrappy is amazing for it - Hi-Jump Kick hits Mega-Sab for super effective damage, and Return/Frustration OHKO's Gengar. Unfortunately, it's pretty easy to piviot more defensive pokemon like Slowbro or Hippowdon against it, but it's pretty easy to build teams with Bunny Queen that can help out with that weakness, in my opinion.

Sirfetch’d

Lopunny has always been one of my favorites! I've experimented with a few sets and personally enjoy the one with Fake Out/Return/PuP/HJK. I don't find Ice Punch all too necessary. Recently I have also been using Mega Latias to much enjoyment. I really like the CM/Surf/Stored Power/Roost set. It's naturally bulky and once set up is quite a force to deal with. Surf is nice too allowing you to be able to hit Heatran and Bisharp. Apart from those two I also enjoy Megagross and Mega Altaria quite a bit. Mega Manectric is an underrated gem I have been using too hehe.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Mega Metagross and Mega Charizard Y has both been a favourite of mine since they came out. Megagross because... well it's Megagross :p And Mega Charizard Y because I liked punishing people for not preparing for sun-boosted STAB Fire Blast coming from a 159 base SpA Pokemon >:D

Years
I've been experimenting with a couple megas for the first time recently, being Altaria and Manectric. I've found that I really like both of them a lot, as they fit very well in quite a few types of teams.

Years
  • Age 47
  • Seen Nov 27, 2015
Actually, no, don't trust that website. This was my third website and nothing happened.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Mega Lopunny is a beautiful creature. Almost as beautiful as Megagross. But not quite. I don't really like the other megas all that much though so I just switch between the two based on my teams. I would use Mega Sableye, but I just don't have the patience for it.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Mega Heracross is my fav to use right now. After a SD boost it can take a **** on all the common things people use like Lando-T or TankChomp/Rotom-W/Ferro/Heatran teams (you know, cookie-cutter teams) as well as threaten defensive teams in general. It's also hard to actually OHKO it due to its impressive 80/115/105 bulk. Clefable is a bit of a jerk to it, but other than that, it's pretty good. I recommend pairing it with Thundurus and Weavile or using it on sand teams.

Back