• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another New Game [T] (OOC)

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Ha! Yes. Yes it does. I was surprised to see that we've already reached 4 pages in the NITBPUAATO thread.

And, um, since Heracross had 5 starting moves, I only picked Tackle and Leer for Sarah to start with to make things fair. You can make him/her learn the 3 other moves (Night Slash, Horn Attack, Endure) via Move Tutor OR an absolutely great RP battle post :D The latter needs to be approved before posted though, so yeah.

(If the other RPers disagree with this method, I've randomized two starting moves for Sarah's Heracross and came up with Night Slash and Endure. So...discuss?)

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
-shrugs-

It's her Pokemon. So, notes about the questions we asked?

Oh! And my notes.

[1] Yes, I have one. Yes, I bought it the same way.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm happy with the randomised moves. :3

Edit: But Sarah, we're in an RP, so..anything could happen. :P As long as a post is creative, you could still win!

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Randomized moves it is, then~ I'll change Heracross' moves in the first post. And just to inform everyone, we have an Etherpad here, so anything you want to update with your character's team, you can do so there ^^ I may not be able to update it regularly, so I suggest that you check it for corrections during the whole of the RP

Also, as much as possible, no interactions yet for the prologue. That will happen in the next town. The game dev has something planned out for his players.

That, and, hurray for the same dad. The developer is a comedic being /shot

@ Sarah - What Curious said~ Don't worry too much about type disadvantages ^^ That didn't stop Ash's Pikachu from beating the heck out of Brock's Onix, did it ;D

@ Rune Alchemist - I was supposed to say what you meant by 'your' note, then I read your prologue and went "Ooooh~"

Why do I find Ariel so kawaii? T~T

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Um, post your SU, and we'll see if it's worth an exception

EDIT: Tentatively, this is Chapter 1
Chapter 01: Being a Trainer 101
Route 101 is a forest path surrounded by tall grass. Nature has preserved this route from modern world corruption, unlike the forests in the real world. Pokemon inhabit the trees and some make burrows beside the mounds. It seems really peaceful around here, and a good place to camp out as well. It only takes half a day for an average person to travel from here to the next town: Oldale. This is where new trainers usually train their Pokemon, so there are some trainers here, either looking for Pokemon to catch, training, or waiting for a trainer like you to pass by. They may challenge you to battle if you happen to cross paths with them, so if you don't want to battle with them, make sure they don't see you.

Pokemon found here:

Common:( 30 out of 50 )
Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Wurmple

Uncommon: ( 15 out of 50 )
Taillow, Nincada, Marill

Rare: ( 5 out of 50 )
Ralts

Tasks to accomplish:
- None really. Feel free to RP anything you want ^^

Notes:
- You are only allowed to capture one Pokemon from this route.
- Level cap here is 9. Your Pokemon cannot level up higher than that.
- You can battle with your own NPCs here.
- Still no interactions for the time being.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I'd rather not, until I get the hang of writing.

Most of the things in my Fanfiction account is rubbish, something I made two years ago. Not my most glamorous year, since I was 15 then.

You can imagine the kind of stuff I write. I am taking one story seriously, but it's slow going, and only has one chapter. A Persona 3/4 Fic.
Ha, we all have old writing shames, don't we? That's fine. ^_ ^

And yay, starting!

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
So far, so good ^^ Loving everyone's prologues~ I'll post level gains in the IC thread for those who had battles in a while. With that said, I guess I have to make the level cap for Chapter 1 higher.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Guuuys~ Sorry I wasn't able to go on yesterday. School and very important RL stuff came up, but it's all done now ^^ I'll check Chuuritsu's SU right away and see if it passes the standards. I'll also post the official "go signal" in the IC thread any moment now ^^'

Also, to answer a question that you asked in the now-IC-thread-but-previously-used-as-a-temporary-OOC thread (or NITBPUAATO thread)

What I meant by "game script" is the script that programmers use to run in-game events, not the "dialogue." Think of the NPCs as AIs, ones you can have a normal conversation with as if you're not in the game. Sorry if I didn't explain this earlier. Bad GM D:

Aaand, @Chuuritsu - Um, I can see that it was rushed ^^' Just add more on your RP sample and your SU will be approved. For now, it is pending

I'm just going to repost this here; ^^

Name: Erik Andersen

History: Erik was born and raised in Denmark, and studied in a prestigious private school in Copenhagen during his younger years. He lived with his mother, his father and his two brothers. Erik was the youngest. His family was fairly rich, though Erik was sickly. Most of his good traits and talents are overshadowed by his sickliness. As a child, Erik often had to visit the doctor, and rarely went outside. As a result, Erik spent most of his time reading, and he has few to no friends as well. It has always been Erik's dream to go outside and see the wonders it has to offer, though his parents weren't so big of his idea and decided he should just do something else inside instead. Erik was disappointed, but he never lost hope.
He has an aquarium, with many fishes. He'd use that as inspiration or motivation. Though one time, a cat went in his house through an open window, the cat ate around two to four fishes. Erik was sad, yet mad at the same time.
During his teenage days, he spent most of his time indoors. He'd usually read, paint, and to a lesser extent, play musical instruments (though he was bad at it). Erik was still sickly, so he had to visit the hospital often. And it's starting to interfere with his studies. Erik's parents were worried, so they decided he'll be homeschooled. It kinda goes like this; a teacher from the school he studied would go to Erik's house. That's where he'd do his exams, activities and all, so that he could still be graded. Finally, he was fifteen, and maybe his parents had a change of heart. He asked his parents if he could go outside.

But they rejected.
( Sorry for the short history, it's late here. Tell me if you want to add/remove/be in-depth about something. :)) )

Personality: His most notable trait is his sickliness, though he is also creative and smart, thanks to books. He may act spoiled sometimes, and would probably throw a light tantrum if things go the way he didn't expect it. Rather easily annoyed as well, and is considered an emotionless person, though he is actually very emotional. He is just good at hiding those emotions. Optimistic, and rather lonely, since he was isolated from people. Often would probably use big words, well, because he read this dictionary he has a lot of times.

Though he may be smart, he is bad at making decisions. He'd often pick the choice that will benefit him more, not thinking of the consequences. As a result, he'd often regret it at the end. Speaking of regrets, he regretted a lot of things he did in his life, thanks to this "bad at making decision" attitude. He always dreams about the things he regretted often, but he considers them nightmares.

He also has a green thumb, and would plant indoor plants. He fears that the environment would be destroyed before he even experienced it, so the least he can do is plant inside. He also has an aquarium, which he uses as inspiration.

Despite that, he has a rather large appetite when it comes to meat. He feels guilty about it sometimes.

Reading
Money
Nature
Planting
The Outdoors
Meat (it's like a guilty pleasure)

Dislikes:
Staying indoors
Being sick
Cats

Starter Pokémon: Mudkip

RP sample:
Spoiler:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Such a shame, so there is no more room for additional players? Huh... Hey, can anymore additional players act the role of... what's the name of the guy? Wall-E?

The more, the merrier! Well, for us. The GM will probably be stumped ^.^

On that note, no interactions. But we can see other players, right?

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Such a shame, so there is no more room for additional players? Huh... Hey, can anymore additional players act the role of... what's the name of the guy? Wall-E?

The more, the merrier! Well, for us. The GM will probably be stumped ^.^

On that note, no interactions. But we can see other players, right?

Um, I kind of don't get the Wall-E question ^^' I can add a spot if IceFyr1928 makes a very good SU. Aand, sure. Ariel can see them, but Ariel doesn't know that they're players as well. They're just normal AI NPCs to Ariel, or whatever that cute little mind of hers perceive them to be.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Alright. *sunglasses*

Let's do this thang.

~

...wait. Do we have to wait for the GM to RNG a Pokemon up for us? That's really gonna impede my plans and when I can write this thing.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Yeah I just read your post, and I thought the GM randomizes what Pokemon one encounters. That's why I left a bit of an innuendo at the end of my post, otherwise I would have continued on. Wasn't it stated in the rules you had to leave it just before the encounter for the GM to randomize a Pokemon up?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
...huh.

Well... (╯-□-)╯︵ ┻━┻

That sucks. I'll need to make a buttload more time if that's how we're going to catch Pokemon in these non-interactive sections; the game will go a lot more quickly if we can just decide what we catch, if it's encounter able on the route, as long as we play it out well enough.

Oh well. /butthurt

To explain why that's a timesink; say you want a specific Pokemon on a route, for whatever reason. Let's assume it takes five minutes to write out a decent-length post. Even assuming you get lucky and get it on the fifth try (Most rare encounters are 10%), that's 25 minutes you've spent on trying to find a single Pokemon, and then five more for every Pokeball you throw.

Let's assume it's caught after two Pokeballs; that's 35 minutes of your personal time spent trying to catch a single Pokemon, and seven whole posts. Between the posts, there's still the matter of the GM getting online and writing out his posts. It could take as many as three days real-time to do it. Which no game can afford, otherwise people will lose interest.

Last edited:
Back