• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: JackHack96's Tool Factory

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 28, 2015
Hi the tool collection you have is great, but the Advanced Series Icon Editor (GBA) keeps crashing whenever I open it, do you know of a fix for it?

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hi the tool collection you have is great, but the Advanced Series Icon Editor (GBA) keeps crashing whenever I open it, do you know of a fix for it?
Hi and thanks :)
Advanced Series Icon Editor is not mine, so I cannot modify it. I think it works only with english roms. What language are you using?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 28, 2015
Hi sorry it took so long to reply. I'm getting the same issue with Advanced Text, saying
"Component 'Comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
But for some weird reason, a few days ago the icon editor worked, but it has this error again. Again, they both have the same issue. My language is English, and I'm on a 64 bit operating system. I downloaded both directly from your website, and even tried re-downloading a few times in case it was corrupted. I'm trumped on what it could be!

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hi sorry it took so long to reply. I'm getting the same issue with Advanced Text, saying
"Component 'Comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
But for some weird reason, a few days ago the icon editor worked, but it has this error again. Again, they both have the same issue. My language is English, and I'm on a 64 bit operating system. I downloaded both directly from your website, and even tried re-downloading a few times in case it was corrupted. I'm trumped on what it could be!
Did you downloaded comdlg32.ocx? Also, make sure your system has registered it! (google for registering a dll)

xX Untouchable Xx

Everything Is Awesome!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
Oh my gosh! Please please please finish the PokeHack studio... seems like a GREAT tool for a hack I'm thinking of doing...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 30, 2020
Hey, I'm sure this has been asked a million billion times, but are there any trainer editors that work kinda like A-Trainer, where you can edit all of the trainers' pokemon, items, and movesets. Preferable one not in spanish, but I wouldn't be picky if the time arose. Just wanna say before I go, DS PokeHack Studio looks like, assuming it works with all ds games and is not in spanish, it'll really be the future of DS hacks. Okay, I've said my crap, carry on.
Keep up the good work,
ArmyBox1

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hey, I'm sure this has been asked a million billion times, but are there any trainer editors that work kinda like A-Trainer, where you can edit all of the trainers' pokemon, items, and movesets. Preferable one not in spanish, but I wouldn't be picky if the time arose. Just wanna say before I go, DS PokeHack Studio looks like, assuming it works with all ds games and is not in spanish, it'll really be the future of DS hacks. Okay, I've said my crap, carry on.
Keep up the good work,
ArmyBox1
Currently, SDSME has a built-in trainer editor ;)

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
How's the DS Pokehack Studio going? Are you still working on it?
DS PokeHack Studio was a sort of "experiment" I did 2 years ago with C++. Last year I rewrote my toolbox in Java, because of many things, so this year I intend to rewrite DS PokeHack Studio in Java.
Given that SDSME is dead, I also stated that this summer when I'll finish the exams I'll publish its source code, and DS PokeHack Studio will integrate it, so it'll be a sort of SDSME 2.0...

I hope I'll manage to do it, maybe if PlatinumLucario and other users will help me...

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
DS PokeHack Studio was a sort of "experiment" I did 2 years ago with C++. Last year I rewrote my toolbox in Java, because of many things, so this year I intend to rewrite DS PokeHack Studio in Java.
Given that SDSME is dead, I also stated that this summer when I'll finish the exams I'll publish its source code, and DS PokeHack Studio will integrate it, so it'll be a sort of SDSME 2.0...

I hope I'll manage to do it, maybe if PlatinumLucario and other users will help me...

Cool! I can't wait! :)

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
This is amazing, I wasn't aware we had all of these capabilities with DS hacking! I can definitely see DS hacking become as big as a thing as gba hacking in the future.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hi everybody :)
I'm here to say I've finished my exams ^^, so in my little free time (I'm doing a lot of things and I also work) I'm developing my next tool, which is DS PokeHack Studio.
Given that SDSME has been open-sourced, I'm also stuying its source code (which I have to say isn't well organized :P and it has a lot of "spaghetti code", but Spiky already told this) and including it in my mega-tool.
I've managed to write a nice and fast Java API for handling NDS files directly in the RAM and without using ndstool, which makes DS PokeHack Studio a looooot faster (but obviously it takes more RAM than SDSME, but that's not a problem).

Now I'm integrating all the features of my previous tools in DS PokeHack Studio, and when I'll have finished, I'll start porting the Map Editor. That will be hard, because I've never worked with OpenGL and 3D graphic. So I think it will take a lot for me. If someone is able to help me is welcome.
I hope to finish at least the first version of the tool by september, because I'll will also start University like Spiky...

Obviously like all my other tools DS PokeHack Studio will be open source and freely available in my website (see my signature).
Here are two screenshot of the current state ;)
p97e4Qt.png

RuK4HXx.png

I hope you'll like it :D
See you soon ;)

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I'm not sure what is up with some of those map header values. None of them should be negative, because no values in the map headers are signed values.

Also, please shrink the size of the interface. It's way too big to work on a lot of monitors at it's default size.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
I'm not sure what is up with some of those map header values. None of them should be negative, because no values in the map headers are signed values.

Also, please shrink the size of the interface. It's way too big to work on a lot of monitors at it's default size.
Yeah yesterday I've corrected that bug. Now there are no negative numbers. As for the size don't worry ;)
The program automatically fill the screen and run maximized (my resolution is 1920x1080), and it's resizable (SDSME could not be resized, but only maximized).

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
Great set of tools here!
I've been thinking about learning how to hack.
Now i know where to start :0

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 31, 2015
Nice! But can you do a version of java or .app for mac? i want so much to hack Pokemon Platinum but those ones are for mac

Again, Epic work! :mudkip^_^:

OBEY CYNDAQUIL
:sean: :may: :15: :15: :15: :4:

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Nice! But can you do a version of java or .app for mac? i want so much to hack Pokemon Platinum but those ones are for mac

Again, Epic work! :mudkip^_^:

OBEY CYNDAQUIL
:sean: :may: :15: :15: :15: :4:

I chose Java for letting the program to run on multiple operating systems. Currently I'm developing it on Windows (because the majority of users use this system) and after that I'll make it run on Linux (I'm a fan of it, and I use it a lot).
I could also support Mac OSX, but the problem is that I haven't got any Mac. But don't worry: I could try to build an hackintosh ;)

Back