• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's that Pokémon? (Week 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Who's That Pokémon? (Week 9)

It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test with our weekly contest of "Who's That Pokémon?"! Once a week every Sunday I'll post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8x. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Overview

• Guess the Pokémon whose art is being featured!
  • The clue is a 30x30 px section of the Pokémon's Dream World art cropped and magnified 8x.
  • Send Squirrel a PM with your answer once you've figured it out - answer as many times as you want per week but only your final answer counts!
  • Do not post answers in this thread - you don't want other people to use your answers do you?
  • Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them, that's the fun of this game afterall!
  • Submit your answers before midnight (GMT) on Saturday after the picture is posted if you want them to count!
Rewards!

A winner is a winner and a winner is you - assuming you won! Here's what you can expect to win from correctly guessing each week's Pokémon. (Hover over for descriptions!)

KyqhOAr.png
Lr1vkr8.png
lL8F9ql.png

Clue - Week 9

fkGWKBY.png

NOTE: As of two weeks ago, Mega Pokémon are now included as possible answers in the standard Who's That Pokémon rounds!

Good luck, and feel free to also discuss last week's answer and winners in this thread! :D

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I was really convinced last week's one was Cyndaquil's eye, until I found out it was a different shade of yellow.

I'm going to look at this one later.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
I was really convinced last week's one was Cyndaquil's eye, until I found out it was a different shade of yellow.

I'm going to look at this one later.

That's what I guessed, too :'(

Is that Squidward

Also I was so sure that was Sunflora's eye last week. XD That's what I get for checking the pictures outside....

That was my initial guess, too!

I'm so glad I wasn't alone in my predictions xD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Procrastination seriously almost killed me last week... I'll try to solve this one as soon as possible, but I might find myself doing it at the last minute again, haha.

magicarp4thewin

Lv19 Magikarp, wonder what happens next?
Years
I've missed the past 4 weeks, so I guess I've gotta do this one lol... Got an idea of what it is but I'm probably wrong...

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I have run into five Pokemon who utilize the same color but have nothing on their design to match the line depicted.

pulling+hair.gif

I'm literally screencapping the dream art and running through them with the color to finally figure out who this jerk is. I'm still upset I didn't get last week.​

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Haha, after I spend a lot of time trying to figure out the answer, I always consider if that's the case.

I don't think Squirrel's ever done that, and it wouldn't be particularly fair to do so without warning us that the image might be rotated. In the case of this one, on my third try to sleuth out this Pokemon, I finally figured it out and can say for certain that it is not rotated. C:​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi guys, half an hour to send in final answers!

And nope, I've never rotated a picture!

dest

Boneash
Years
  • Age 36
  • GER
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
yay, I missed it and I'm too late this time :D
oh well, can't do anything then, just too busy with other stuff and no desire to search that this week :/
anyway, gg then

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi guys, it's time for another answer! This week's contest is now over and it's time to reveal our winners...

180.png

Flaaffy!

Specifically the swirly tuft in her hair! Congrats to those of you that got it right, now let's take a look at some of the other answers we saw...

This week's winners: Francois, WriterRaven, Lycanthropy, jdthebud, Mewtwolover, Revise Librarian, Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Other answers received: Mareep, Swirlix Swablu, Altaria

Please let me know if you're supposed to be on this list and I didn't include you (or if you haven't received your emblem within 3 days) and I'll check your answer PM and make sure to sort it! Also sorry for any old usernames, still getting used to the new ones ^_^

Lots of correct answers from not many poeple! With no answer from dest this week there's one less name in bold as we whittle down the contestants... As before, I have bolded the names of everyone who has guessed every week correctly so far, so congrats to you guys and let's see if you can keep it up! Stay tuned for next week's puzzle coming up later today and as always feel free to discuss your answers and the winners in this thread until then!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Did you know that wool shares its coloring with the bodies of Masquerain, Mantyke, and The Lake Guardians?

BECAUSE IT TOOK ME LIKE TWO DAYS TO FIGURE OUT WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back