• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Doa

Analyzer
Years
Okay, let's see...

I liked this hack, though I didn't get a chance to play very much of it. I thought it was sort of neat to get lots of free stuff and lots of rare encounters right off the bat, and using TM Thief on trees outside of battle was pretty neat. Central City was a pretty neat location, and it appeared to have everything so that players would keep returning.

One thing I did notice (and it only dawned on me after obtaining the next starter lineup from Professor Oak) is that you can use your Pokedex in the Safari Zone before you even obtain it. Perhaps Central City wasn't the best place?

Years
Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed in the shiny Zubat I just found. :P

LfsSi.png

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
the hack is good, but i am seriously aware of the mixed up experience table on a line of evolution, which for whrilpede had 1056980 exp tabl, while its final evolution had 1640000,

and beating salamance / metagross yield puny experience, as it is because the catch rate AND base experience is mixed, and thus is not rewarding to beat those beasts, which is the other point unnerving me.... :(

i had hacked through the experience table to make it plausible, however, when i meet the pokemon at latter internal number, such as ralts (which the game number > 386) and freezes.

If there any possible way to hack through the pokemon table without triggering error, i will be very happy to play that (a rant from an amateur pokemon rom hacker)

for the experience spilt, you can apply the jambo451's ruby split physica/special attack code to there to solve the problem. i used it and it sounds working, as i tried with my bayleaf's razor leaf on a sandslash, she cut a half HP in first strike, but when sandslash used defensive curl, she only can cut him about a quarter of total HP...

PS Razor leaf is physical attack

Last edited:
Years
Okay, let's see...

I liked this hack, though I didn't get a chance to play very much of it. I thought it was sort of neat to get lots of free stuff and lots of rare encounters right off the bat, and using TM Thief on trees outside of battle was pretty neat. Central City was a pretty neat location, and it appeared to have everything so that players would keep returning.

One thing I did notice (and it only dawned on me after obtaining the next starter lineup from Professor Oak) is that you can use your Pokedex in the Safari Zone before you even obtain it. Perhaps Central City wasn't the best place?
Dude the safari zone is glitched. you are no supposed to enter it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
@HongKongBinLaden - How does the patch work with 'new' moves like Lava Surf? I say 'new' as it just replaces Flash.
@alienhunterx - In what way is the Safari Zone broken? I caught a Snover just fine and now I'm using it as an Abomasnow.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
For a few "new" moves, Sadly, i had to further investigate it with the flagging with the pokemon move editor, because when i use "fire surf", it just damage for only 1 ,

so, i have to change the flag from "status" to either "physical" or "special" to make it whopping as flamethrower......

currently hacking (my homebrew version of modified experience table and triats...) the messed up moveset for several pokemons... (glitchy attack set...) hope it could be resolved at last......

next step is the pokedex hotfix... (hope that the text could show what pokemon really is, instead of the glitchy set, like meinfoo has the dex of natu, and acerus for xatu...)

Last edited:
Years

Wes did not implement shiny pallete, it's a known fact ;)
I did not know that. :P

Also, I can't seem to find Serenity's gym leader. . .

Edit: Nevermind. I swear to god, I've been in and out of this Power Plant a bagillion times and he's never been there before now. :x

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Help?

Hey everyone,

Ive been trying desperately to get Pokemon Light Platinum to work, but I have been completely unsuccessful so far. Whenever I download the ROM already patched, or when I attempt to use the IPS to patch a Pokemon Ruby ROM myself, the file that's created will only produce a blank white screen on Visual Boy Advanced, occasionally with small red letters in the bottom left saying something like "battery loaded".

Can somebody PLEASE help? I would love to play this game and would be more than willing to throw some monetary support to the Light Platinum Cause if someone can just help me make it work.

I eagerly await a response!
-A hopeful Pokemon Fan

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
Help

Hi everyone!

Can someone help me to choose between the Archeops and Braviary?
And can anyone advise a good grass type?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
For a few "new" moves, Sadly, i had to further investigate it with the flagging with the pokemon move editor, because when i use "fire surf", it just damage for only 1 ,

so, i have to change the flag from "status" to either "physical" or "special" to make it whopping as flamethrower......

currently hacking (my homebrew version of modified experience table and triats...) the messed up moveset for several pokemons... (glitchy attack set...) hope it could be resolved at last......

next step is the pokedex hotfix... (hope that the text could show what pokemon really is, instead of the glitchy set, like meinfoo has the dex of natu, and acerus for xatu...)
So are you creating a 'fixed' version of Light Platinum? I know that grafixt made a version with the fixed Exp. rates, perhaps he could help you?
And if you're using Chaos Rush's physical / special split patch, he said:
...it includes my unreleased font patch. So, in theory, it would work fine with hacks that have the font unchanged. But with hacks that have the font changed, such as Light Platinum, it would make the font look glitchy, but it shouldn't be hard to fix, as you would just go to the font offset in TileMolester and copy+paste from either my patch (which uses Emerald font) or a clean Ruby rom.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Dude the safari zone is glitched. you are no supposed to enter it.
Um... not quite...
Safari Zone is not glitched at all.

Hey everyone,

Ive been trying desperately to get Pokemon Light Platinum to work, but I have been completely unsuccessful so far. Whenever I download the ROM already patched, or when I attempt to use the IPS to patch a Pokemon Ruby ROM myself, the file that's created will only produce a blank white screen on Visual Boy Advanced, occasionally with small red letters in the bottom left saying something like "battery loaded".
Try to use VBA-M and Ruby v1.0.

Hi everyone!

Can someone help me to choose between the Archeops and Braviary?
And can anyone advise a good grass type?
I would go for Archeops if you really want those birds.
And grass types are pretty useless ;) Reserve free space for something more useful :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013

I would go for Archeops if you really want those birds.
And grass types are pretty useless ;) Reserve free space for something more useful :)

Thank you.
My team after winning the last babge:

Charizard lvl 66
Electivire lvl 66
Kingdra lvl 45 (training)
Archen lvl 20 (training)
Dratini lvl 10 (training)

That non-legendary pokemon should I choose for the last free space?

Years
Wow O_O The final version is out?
its been so long since I last played any Pokemon hack may be more than a year.
Gonna play it on my Mobile (Xperia Neo XD)
will post gilth and error if I find some :D

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
i have really, really big problem! so i've finished World Championship...
After capturing some legendaries.... the events were really weird...
i can get unova starter again... i beat yellow again at Mt. lauren...
AND REALLY< REALLY WORSE!!!!! Flamenry city is filled with ARON and i can't enter Mt. Vulcan where Heatran is! :(
and where the hell can i find Peak Mt. Kyurem???

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thank you.
My team after winning the last babge:

Charizard lvl 66
Electivire lvl 66
Kingdra lvl 45 (training)
Archen lvl 20 (training)
Dratini lvl 10 (training)

That non-legendary pokemon should I choose for the last free space?
Lucario =)

Wow O_O The final version is out?
Wow, you are pretty slow for a Darkrai :D
Nah, I just had to =D Don't take it personally =D

i have really, really big problem! so i've finished World Championship...
After capturing some legendaries.... the events were really weird...
i can get unova starter again... i beat yellow again at Mt. lauren...
AND REALLY< REALLY WORSE!!!!! Flamenry city is filled with ARON and i can't enter Mt. Vulcan where Heatran is! :(
and where the hell can i find Peak Mt. Kyurem???
Aron script sometimes glitches up...
Use walkthrough wall cheat...
And Mt. Kyurem is the narrow path close to the watefall where you met Solana (who was standing in the front of Victory Road cave).

Where is the 7th gym leader?
There isn't in the gym...
You need to go to Power Plant to find him.

Years
Hey everyone,

Can somebody PLEASE help? I would love to play this game and would be more than willing to throw some monetary support to the Light Platinum Cause if someone can just help me make it work.

I eagerly await a response!
-A hopeful Pokemon Fan
Sorry guys about my lack of knowledge about Safari zone and
@jradams11: you just pm me your email address and ill help you.........:D

Back