• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Hmm another dual Grass/Poison-type, and one I find pretty hilarious at times.

I kinda laugh at the Poke Ball pattern on Foongus and Amoonguss, and how they can randomly attack you when inspecting items a la Voltorb/Electrode in previous generations. Amoonguss is also pretty good competitively as well, and while speed is its main downside it does have good defensive capabilities and learns tons of handy support moves like Spore and various healing moves. Having Regenerator as its hidden ability makes it even more of a really good spammer of recovery and I had some great success using one in a Monotype Random where I had a Poison team up against a Rock team and my Amoonguss ended up taking out four of my opponent's Pokemon, and the useful status moves I had in the moveset really helped.

I suppose its stats aren't quite as bad as I thought, and it does get a lot of tactical moves that are useful for stalling and tanking. Honestly, it just doesn't fit my impatient playing style, but it definitely could be more useful than I was giving it credit for.

Wicked3DS

Years
Gonna give Foongus a litte more time in the spotlight before moving on since we've only had one reply to it so far.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
Foongus! awww, a cute Poison/grass type Pokemon.Foongus abilities are awesome(effect spore and regenerator, a hidden ability).Foongus was not so powerful in the games but its abilities made him competively a little bit tough in games.In Animes Foongus looks so cute as it uses its PokeBall Pattern to lure and scare People that makes me laugh so much haha.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Lmao xD I had just watched a video prior that was complaining about Amoongus's terrible design as sort of a Voltorb knock off. Well, whatever. Lol. Regenerator and Spore are great. This Pokemon is terribly difficult to take down.

And on another note. A video that I kept the recording of as another win for Poison Pokemon. Poison vs Ground. Poison wins ;3

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-236077941

Wicked3DS

Years
Time for another Pokémon of the Week!

Spoiler:

Victreebel!

Yellow Pokédex: Lures prey with the sweet aroma of honey. Swallowed whole, the prey is melted in a day, bones and all.

How is James still alive?!

Victreebel is one of my favorite Pokémon and it's probably my favorite Grass-type, except for maybe Sceptile. It's a great mixed attacker and I'm actually using one right now for Necrum's Challengeversary (it's still a Bellsprout, but soon enough it will be a Victreebel).

Years
I find Victreebel and its evolution line pretty forgettable or something. But I still know it's there because of all those times James was so close to getting eaten by his own Victreebel in the anime.

I wasn't mainly a fan of this line to be honest, although I do acknowledge Bellsprout is cute. The evos maybe, eh not so much.

Wicked3DS

Years
I like Victreebel a lot because it's a good mixed attacker and it gets Sleep Powder, which is pretty fantastic. It works very well in-game.

Also, I thought I'd share something I found last night while playing HeartGold:
Spoiler:

Years
Also, I thought I'd share something I found last night while playing HeartGold:
Spoiler:

Oh wow a shiny Zubat? That is an awesome find, although its nature sucks since I think it's a physical attacker. I think the only shiny Poison-type I even caught so far in any game was a Budew back in Diamond.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Name: angelomanalo
Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Whirlipede and Skuntank
Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: I love the purple color. I like how fast they are, and how strong they can be, like Scolipede, Venusaur, Crobat and Gengar.
What poison type do you think would be the most deadly to trainers? Why?
SCOLIPEDE. It's ability Speed Boost is really useful, and Sword Dance + Earthquake is a great mix.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Wow, I don't think I have any shiny Poison types. Oh wait no, I did find a Skrelp from chain fishing.... Anyhow congratulations! :0

I love Victreebel, even more than it's counterpart Vileplume. It looks better, has a cooler pallette, and it's movepool is better. at least up to gen III never used them past that

Wicked3DS

Years
Name: angelomanalo
Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Whirlipede and Skuntank
Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: I love the purple color. I like how fast they are, and how strong they can be, like Scolipede, Venusaur, Crobat and Gengar.
What poison type do you think would be the most deadly to trainers? Why?
SCOLIPEDE. It's ability Speed Boost is really useful, and Sword Dance + Earthquake is a great mix.

Welcome! I have to agree about purple :P But those four Pokémon are some of my favorites, so I'd say you have pretty good taste!

Let's have another Pokémon of the Week, shall we?

Spoiler:

Tentacool!

Ruby Pokédex: Tentacool's body is largely composed of water. If it is removed from the sea, it dries up like parchment. If this Pokémon happens to become dehydrated, put it back into the sea.

So wouldn't catching it be harmful to it? :O

Ah, Tentacool. Some call it the Zubat of the sea, since they seem to be endlessly swimming all over anywhere you surf. Despite how common they are, they actually are pretty good when they evolve into Tentacruel, so for that reason, I actually don't mind them that much.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Tentacruel is...cool. It's fast, but not as good as my Quagsire in Platinum. Tentacruel seems like a good Pokémon in general, and was a little hard for me to deal with, especially with Scald.

Tentacool tho? It's a really derpy yet somehow cute Pokémon. The face...it's so endearing...

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Man I've always wanted to use a Tentacruel, but I never seem to go through on it. It's design is reallyvool and I'm sure it's good in battle, but maybe it's because they're really late game for the most part and at Level 5 sometimes that I just kinda ignore them. ;_;

Years
Tentacool, one of probably many usable Water-types and while we have another Pokemon with its typing, it's still unique in a way in that the one other Pokemon isn't all that good.

It's always annoying when you constantly run into them on ocean routes, but with great Speed and special stats, it becomes a pretty usable team member with the type combination neutralizing one of Water's major weaknesses - Grass.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Although i like Tentacruel in a way because its an interesting pokemon and is actually quite capable at battling i cant say i love tentacool.
In my eyes it is the zubat of the sea but thats probably just cause every time i surf i see atleast 10 of these guys haha but i do like the dual type of poison and water its pretty cool and Tentacruel is a force to be reckoned with i just wouldnt wanna be swimming around and be sucked underwater by all those tentacles ️haha

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I personally find Tentacool is quite good for a Poison-type Pokémon. Even though some may call it the 'Zubat of the Sea', I personally don't mind seeing it from time to time, especially when it have such cool design. It has pretty good stats too, so that helps as well.

Wicked3DS

Years
Well I'm back after a week of madness. Let's get another Pokémon of the Week up here!

Spoiler:

Spinarak!

Emerald Pokédex: The web it spins can be considered its second nervous system. It is said that a Spinarak determines its prey by the tiny vibrations it feels through the web.

That's actually pretty cool.

I personally like Spinarak a lot, it's a pretty cool little bug, and it evolves into a pretty cool Pokémon in its own right in Ariados. It may not be the best Pokémon, but they have some pretty interesting quirks that I do like.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Hello everyone! :D

Also, Spinarak! <3 Such a cute little thing, I adore it. One of my favorite Pokemon (lines), and it was the first Bug-type I loved. Not to mention, it evolves into one of my top fave Pokemon of all.

I missed this thread. </3

Rain T.

"You clods!"
Years
Name: Rain T.
Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Okay, this is hard. Umm...Nidoking and Mega Beedrill
Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: I'll be honest. Koga is why I love Poison types. Well...Koga, and Janine, and Nidoking, and Nidoqueen, and Crobat, and Gengar, and...okay, I just really like Poison types. Because of the users and the Pokmon.
Answer to current topic: Umm...not really sure what it's asking, so I'll answer a past one. Which region do I think has the best Poison types? Kanto! And as a bonus, Kanto has Koga!

EDIT: Answer to current topic: Alright, I feel like it's asking for my opinion of Spinarak. Personally....I hate spiders. Buuuut, there's something about every single spider-like Pokemon that I find either adorable or cool. And the little face on Spinarak's butt -- I mean, abdomen, is just....I dunno, it somehow makes Spinarak really, really cute! Not to mention it evolves into Ariados, and Ariados is a pretty cool Pokemon.

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
Name: Rain T.
Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Okay, this is hard. Umm...Nidoking and Mega Beedrill
Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: I'll be honest. Koga is why I love Poison types. Well...Koga, and Janine, and Nidoking, and Nidoqueen, and Crobat, and Gengar, and...okay, I just really like Poison types. Because of the users and the Pokmon.
Answer to current topic: Umm...not really sure what it's asking, so I'll answer a past one. Which region do I think has the best Poison types? Kanto! And as a bonus, Kanto has Koga!

EDIT: Answer to current topic: Alright, I feel like it's asking for my opinion of Spinarak. Personally....I hate spiders. Buuuut, there's something about every single spider-like Pokemon that I find either adorable or cool. And the little face on Spinarak's butt -- I mean, abdomen, is just....I dunno, it somehow makes Spinarak really, really cute! Not to mention it evolves into Ariados, and Ariados is a pretty cool Pokemon.

Welcome! Ok, if you couldn't tell from my theme, Koga is my favorite Gym Leader of all time, so I think you picked a fantastic reason for liking Poison-types. You also mentioned some of my favorite Pokémon there as well. I like your taste :P

Also, gonna take a break from Pokémon of the Week since I had an interesting idea for a topic:

What would you like to see done with the Poison-type in future Pokémon games?

Basically, think of ideas for Pokémon, moves, type combinations, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back