• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT! Rain Dance Team!

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
I literally LOVE water pokemon :3 so I created a rain dance team :3 Any fixes are appreciated

186.gif

Drizzle
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Leftovers
-Scald
-Toxic
-Encore
-Protect

My favorite pokemon since I got my first pokemon Gold game! Got an amazing ability. He sets up infinite rain :P

232.gif

Sturdy
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Shell Bell
-EQ
-Stone Edge
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Shard

Donphan is my Rapid Spinner is offensive tank :)

479-wash.gif

Levitate
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Choice Scarf
-Thunder
-Trick
-Shadow Ball (Can you think on something better???)
-Hydro Pump

Rotom-W. With rain, his thunder attack is deadly and with 100% accuracy

454.gif

Dry Skin
Adamant
244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Sitrus Berry
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Substitute
-Sucker Punch

Dry Skin + Rain = 12.5% healing every turn!! That is twice a Leftovers! Sitrus Berry is there to replace the missing leftovers.

121.gif

Natural Cure
Timid
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Life Orb
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunder
-Rapid Spin/Recover (Dont know which one to choose :P)

Starmie is extremely quick and a good Special Sweeper. Rain improves its Thunder attack.

134.gif

Hydration
Bold
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Water Gem
-Scald
-Rest
-Wish
-Ice Beam

Vaporeon with its Dream World ability, Hydration, can fully heal himself without having the trouble of falling asleep since Hydration will wake up him instantly if there is rain.

So any fixes for my Rain Dance Team???

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Team looks good, but my only suggestion is regarding Donphan and some items. It doesn't do well on Rain teams because of its increased Water weakness. You should use Forretress instead because its Fire weakness is reduced in Rain, and it can Rapid Spin too:
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball/Earthquake/Volt Switch
Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef (Relaxed) or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef (Sassy)
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy

Vaporeon is still better with Leftovers, since the passive recovery helps, and the Gems don't do you any good outside of VGCs or Flying Gem + Acrobatics

Politoed lacks recovery on its own outside of Rest, so Sitrus Berry isn't very good because it only restores 1/4th HP and it only activates when Politoed hits 1/2 of its HP.

Use Leftovers or Black Sludge on Toxicroak; the recovery combined with Dry Skin helps. You can also use Life Orb because Dry Skin will restore more of Toxicroak's HP than Life Orb can drain away after each attack.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
Team looks good, but my only suggestion is regarding Donphan and some items. It doesn't do well on Rain teams because of its increased Water weakness. You should use Forretress instead because its Fire weakness is reduced in Rain, and it can Rapid Spin too:
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball/Earthquake/Volt Switch
Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef (Relaxed) or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef (Sassy)
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy

Vaporeon is still better with Leftovers, since the passive recovery helps, and the Gems don't do you any good outside of VGCs or Flying Gem + Acrobatics

Politoed lacks recovery on its own outside of Rest, so Sitrus Berry isn't very good because it only restores 1/4th HP and it only activates when Politoed hits 1/2 of its HP.

Use Leftovers or Black Sludge on Toxicroak; the recovery combined with Dry Skin helps. You can also use Life Orb because Dry Skin will restore more of Toxicroak's HP than Life Orb can drain away after each attack.

Any recommendation on a item for Politoed??

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
Leftovers. Virtually all bulky Waters need this because the passive recovery helps.

The last time I battled on Wifi was during Gen 4. I remember that back in those days, there was an Item clause that said that 2 or more pokemon cannot have the same item. Is that clause still applied in Gen 5?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The last time I battled on Wifi was during Gen 4. I remember that back in those days, there was an Item clause that said that 2 or more pokemon cannot have the same item. Is that clause still applied in Gen 5?

If I remember correctly, item clause is still in effect in Gen V.

I rated the team assuming it was a PO team, so my bad.

Give Vaporeon Leftovers

Give Forretress Shed Shell

Give Toxicroak Black Sludge

Try to think of something for Politoed.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
If I remember correctly, item clause is still in effect in Gen V.

I rated the team assuming it was a PO team, so my bad.

Give Vaporeon Leftovers

Give Forretress Shed Shell

Give Toxicroak Black Sludge

Try to think of something for Politoed.

What about Focus Sash? Or maybe Rocky Helmet?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What about Focus Sash? Or maybe Rocky Helmet?

Politoed is too bulky for Focus Sash. Rocky Helmet is sometimes paired with Iron Barbs/Rough Skin.

You'll have to change Politoed's set here to this if you want more muscle:
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Grass)
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
Politoed is too bulky for Focus Sash. Rocky Helmet is sometimes paired with Iron Barbs/Rough Skin.

You'll have to change Politoed's set here to this if you want more muscle:
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Grass)
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle

Yeah I will try to raise another politoed with a similar moveset

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Just a note, item clause is a idiotic clause and almost never enforced because its essentially a joke so i wouldn't bother even thinking about it when playing someone seriously.

CalciferFireDmn

Fire Demon
Years
Imo if you have one spinner Starmie doesnt need rapid spin go with recover. Also i would like to see Donphan replace with Tentacruel. I have had good luck with this one.

Support: Spiker
Tentacruel
Bold@Clear Body@Leftovers
252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
Summary: Tentacruel is a Support Spiker whether he's setting them up or getting rid of them. So his first two moves don't need much explaining. He also has two more powerful STABs and can perform a variety of roles like helping poison those pesky walls.

Back