• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dayuuuum that's hot.

Poki

Banned
Years
I'm talking about food, guys. Do you wait for your food to cool down, or do you just dig in 'cause #yolo?

I just burnt my tongue. You can guess what happened.

pkmin3033

If I'm having cooked food, I always go straight to it - I didn't cook it just so it could cool down again, after all. The only exception to this is cakes...and not even those sometimes; it depends on how good they smell (usually very good) and how hungry I am. I occasionally burn myself (although what REALLY bothers me about that isn't the momentary pain, but trying to get the dead skin out of my mouth afterwards...) but not too often.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I like my food WARM, not HOT. Hot food just burns your tongue and mouth and then that's all you can feel and it lessens the taste. But despite telling myself many times to wait for the food to go from hot to warm before eating it, I still shove it in my mouth anyway and burn myself.

I take it I'm a slow learner.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
I prefer my food hot, not burning hot, but hot enough to make your mouth all tingly from the temperature. Warm food is still nice though.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
When I'm really hungry, I can't wait for my food to cool down so my tongue and roof of my mouth better have some Burn Heal.

Years
Sometimes, when it comes to hot food, I am like a fish.

"Omg delicious!"
*Burns his tongue*
"craaap, I'll just wait for few minutes"
5 seconds later
"Omg delicious"
*burns his tongue yet again*
"Oh right, Im supposed to wait"
and so on and so on.
It only happens with top food like pizzas etc, usually I wait till it gets a bit cooler.

Years
Two times I decided to just eat it, I thought "it ain't that hot". Well both times I was left with a burnt tongue for like a week. I won't be risking it a third time.

Years
I don't mind hot food, but...if it's hot enough to burn my tongue and/or other parts of my mouth, I'm setting it aside for a few moments. Saving myself from that pain is well worth the few minutes it takes to cool down.

Years
Nothing pisses me off more than burning my mouth on something. I try to let it sit for as long as possible (at least I think so...) But ugh, the burnsssss on my tongue...

Years
There are some foods that i'll dig into when they're hot, but most of the time certain stuff I don't want to get cold because then it won't taste good at all. But some time I do prefer to let some foods chill off a bit.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I let it cool otherwise it burns my tongue so bad the rest of the meal becomes pointless

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Depends on what kind of food it is. I'll eat a delivered pizza as soon as it arrives regardless of how hot, same with any kind of chicken dish and meat. But if it's something like lasagne, it has to be the right temperature, so I'll general blow on it or wait a bit for it to cool down.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Oh, I don't know... so long as it's not hot enough to be painful, I don't care. I suppose that means I'd wait.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I like it hot but not hot enough to burn my food hole. If I'm alone, I tend to dip my finger onto whatever the food is to check whether I should dig in. I've scalded myself many times but hey, at least my tongue's not burnt :p

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
i thought this was gonna be about hot boys... i am disappointed

usually if my foods hot i just take smaller bites and eat it a lot slower. i wont ever just let it sit there waiting for it to cool like thats just a waste of my life

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I prefer my food warm not steaming hot. I haven't burned my tongue in awhile since I usually wait for my food to cool down a bit before I eat it nowadays haha.

Back