• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

funrush

How's it going?
Years
Would it matter if I did the clock-changing stuff before I got to that point in the game? Like I said I've only just recently beaten the 5th gym leader. Also, What would cause it to erase like that?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i am currently looking for a good place to train my team. i have beat the e4 once and i want to beat them again and try taking on alder but my team is 60-65 so what would u recommend?
Thanks in advance ^_^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
i am currently looking for a good place to train my team. i have beat the e4 once and i want to beat them again and try taking on alder but my team is 60-65 so what would u recommend?
Thanks in advance ^_^

Nimbasa Sport Domes. You'll get to battle around 20 people between the two domes per day, all their Pokemon are around 65 and most people have more than one Pokemon. If not, Audino is always good for exp, especially around Giant Chasm where they're at the highest level. Just attach Lucky Egg and boom, instant level gain.

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
Years
In Undella Bay, you can dive into the sea and you see ruins etc, but then you'll drift back up. How do I get down there?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In Undella Bay, you can dive into the sea and you see ruins etc, but then you'll drift back up. How do I get down there?

You need to get through in less than a certain amount of steps so you need to know directly where to go in order to limit your steps.

Try following this map: http://pokemondb.net/maps/abyssal-ruins
It's pretty good and basically outlines where to go if you match it up to the games.

So yeah just dive back down like you did before, hopefully going by the main entrance and you should be at the end of the ruins in no time.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

You need to get through in less than a certain amount of steps so you need to know directly where to go in order to limit your steps.

Try following this map: http://pokemondb.net/maps/abyssal-ruins
It's pretty good and basically outlines where to go if you match it up to the games.

So yeah just dive back down like you did before, hopefully going by the main entrance and you should be at the end of the ruins in no time.

Also, to actually get in, just swim forward once you dive.

Years
I was wondering if someone could post a link to explain EV's and IV's, because I would like to start training my pokemon based off of them lol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Years
Breeding for shinies

So I have a question about breeding for shinies , let me explain .
I've heard that 2 shinies never breed a shiny .
But if I use 1 shiny and 1 normal i can improve the chances of getting a shiny pokemon .

My question is : is the second statement true ?

ps. i think this is the right place to do this sort of things xD

Cheers :D

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
So I have a question about breeding for shinies , let me explain .
I've heard that 2 shinies never breed a shiny .
But if I use 1 shiny and 1 normal i can improve the chances of getting a shiny pokemon .

My question is : is the second statement true ?

ps. i think this is the right place to do this sort of things xD

Cheers :D

The second statement is false, to improve your odds on hatching a shiny Pokemon, you'll need a foreign Pokemon, a Pokemon from a game that isn't your language, so if your game is in english, you'll need a Pokemon from Japan, Korea, Germany, France, etc... You'll need to breed this Pokemon with a Pokemon from your game, or at least the same language as your game.

This is called the 'Masuda Method'
More info here http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method
Hope I helped :)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I have a question about the move Rest, in B/W. I keep hearing everywhere that they changed it and that it had something to do with the two turns you are asleep, but I can't find anything about it. Could someone tell me what changed about this move? Thanks in advance!

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Did anyones C-Gear pattern change to stars? Is this some sort of event like the one in Diamond/Pearl were shiny crystals hail in snowpoint? It looks like it in Iccirus...

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I have a question about the move Rest, in B/W. I keep hearing everywhere that they changed it and that it had something to do with the two turns you are asleep, but I can't find anything about it. Could someone tell me what changed about this move? Thanks in advance!

Nothing is changed, though you can no longer use it while under the effects of Leaf Guard. It might be that Rest counters are preserved while switched out, but I was 40% sure that was a feature of 4th gen.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Oh a friend just told me about my so called 'problem' lol if you tap 'C-Gear' at the top of it on the touch screen, it will change the pattern of buttons, I must of touched it by accident... stupid me! :P

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Oh a friend just told me about my so called 'problem' lol if you tap 'C-Gear' at the top of it on the touch screen, it will change the pattern of buttons, I must of touched it by accident... stupid me! :P

Oh yeah lol. I could have told you that, but I skimmed the thread and I thought you got an answer already haha.

You can also rearrange the colors / buttons using one of the buttons on the bottom of the C-Gear too.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Where to go to get the birthday musical accessory?

Thanks. In Game Boy Advance.

You confused me for a second and made me think you were saying you could play B/W on a GBA, lol.

But I believe it's someone upstairs in the lobby of the Musical Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back