• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
Years
help

Game:Ruby
Type: give pokemon
Editor: xse
Script: Giving starter
but when i open script in xse it has things totally different

spoiler is the script i made
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

this came out
Code:
'---------------
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @string1 MSG_YESNO '"Are you ready for your first/npoke..."
if 0x1 goto @snippet1
if 0x0 goto @snippet2
release
end
'---------------
#org @snippet1
'---------------
#org @snippet2
'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org @string1
= Are you ready for your first/npokemon

And a few other things came out too

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Yeah I'm still waiting for help, what's the script to move the camera without moving the player?

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
I have this script which makes one sprite dissapear, and another sprite appear. The only problem is that the script will not allow the 2nd sprite to appear. For the 1st sprite, I have Unknown as 00 and Movement 00, aswell as the Person ID 368. The 2nd sprite has the same settings escept that it is set to 'Hidden. Here's the script. Somebody please tell me why the 2nd sprite isn't appearing.

First sprite is 0x4.
Second Sprite is 0x6.

Spoiler:

Also, I can talk to the 2nd sprite afterwards even though it's invisible, but if I move so far that he is off of the screen, and I come back. I cannot talk to him.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I have this script which makes one sprite dissapear, and another sprite appear. The only problem is that the script will not allow the 2nd sprite to appear. For the 1st sprite, I have Unknown as 00 and Movement 00, aswell as the Person ID 368. The 2nd sprite has the same settings escept that it is set to 'Hidden. Here's the script. Somebody please tell me why the 2nd sprite isn't appearing.

First sprite is 0x4.
Second Sprite is 0x6.

Spoiler:

Also, I can talk to the 2nd sprite afterwards even though it's invisible, but if I move so far that he is off of the screen, and I come back. I cannot talk to him.

If your script is in firered, include the #raw 0x62 which makes the sprite reappear. I think that it is #raw 0x55 on ruby. Make a seperate applymovement with just that command, like

#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

get it?

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
Years
Here, I have a level script(for Emerald (U) (BPEE)) that won't work correctly at all.(set to #05, on entering map/on menu close)

the only thing that shows the script is trying is that once you capture a Pokemon, the screen fades to the overworld, but stays black.

Spoiler:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
That script really makes me angry look:
Spoiler:

that's prof oak giving a masterball but instead of giving it,he just says: Good luck at the rest of your quest!

Last edited by a moderator:

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 8, 2010
showpokepic script

hey everyone im the creator of zap yellow and im trying to put pikachu emoticons in some scripts i need a script where the showpokepic command is used in a gym leader script without any ill effects before or after the battle plz help me out

Larsie13

Here, I have a level script(for Emerald (U) (BPEE)) that won't work correctly at all.(set to #05, on entering map/on menu close)

the only thing that shows the script is trying is that once you capture a Pokemon, the screen fades to the overworld, but stays black.

Spoiler:
That's not a type 05 level script. It's a type 02. Type 05 are those that only change flags / variables, and nothing that can be seen in-game.
If you want to change it to a type 02 level script, just include a setvar 0xXXXX (preferably 0x5000 of higher) 0x1 (or higher, no 0x0). Then, as Var Number in A-Map, give it the number of the var you used, e.g. 5000, and as Var Value, give it 0x0, or at least make it lower than the value you gave it with setvar.
Spoiler:

that's prof oak giving a masterball but instead of giving it,he just says: Good luck at the rest of your quest!
Flag 0xA3 is used within the game itself, probably. Use another flag. Try 0x1000 and up.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Umm its 002C i think the flag i set is already used in rom? :\

The reason I suggested 2c for Mom is because this is a flag that works to hide the sprite on the map until you want to show it. I'm not sure if it can be used multiple times in the game, but I have so far and it works - but it's only good for hiding a particular sprite, I think. If anyone knows a better way to have a sprite instantly hidden on-screen when you enter the map, hopefully they will say something.

For your script, remove the @5 message from it. Create a new script that will take you to it, like:

#org @mom2
msgbox @5 0x6

Whatever number XSE compiles for @mom2 give to Mom in Adavance Map so that anytime you try to talk to her she will say this message. Removing the @5 from your original script will also stop it from calling it in that script.

Now in the @done script, simply add hidesprite 0x1 at the end of the script. That should hide the mom sprite just before the player wakes up.

Spoiler:

So just put in additem 0x1 after the giveitem script and it the master ball should be added to the player's inventory, right?

Last edited:

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Spoiler:

change the flag... A3 is already used by the game... use 1003 for example

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
The reason I suggested 2c for Mom is because this is a flag that works to hide the sprite on the map until you want to show it. I'm not sure if it can be used multiple times in the game, but I have so far and it works - but it's only good for hiding a particular sprite, I think. If anyone knows a better way to have a sprite instantly hidden on-screen when you enter the map, hopefully they will say something.

For your script, remove the @5 message from it. Create a new script that will take you to it, like:

#org @mom2
msgbox @5 0x6

Whatever number XSE compiles for @mom2 give to Mom in Adavance Map so that anytime you try to talk to her she will say this message. Removing the @5 from your original script will also stop it from calling it in that script.

Now in the @done script, simply add hidesprite 0x1 at the end of the script. That should hide the mom sprite just before the player wakes up.

Well it did something a bit
Mom comes up says blah blah then If I again talk to her she says Go to bed :)
Then I go to bed to sleep then when I wake up she is not there BUT if I step at the S tile Mom comes again :(
If this problem is solved then I will be able to progress on my hack for sure
Here's the script
Spoiler:

Btw Message @1 and boxset 6 thingy works for me but not the msgbox @1 0x6
Well
Let's focus at the bigger problem now

EDIT: I solved the so long problem YAY!!! Actually we had to get rid of that Clearflag command grrrr

Last edited:
Years
Game: FireRed
Type: Give Pokémon
Editor: XSE v.1.1.1
Script:
Before Compilation:

Spoiler:

After Compilation:
Spoiler:

Problem: The yes/no option comes up, so I select yes, and it does what should happen when I push no. When I push no, it does what I need it to do, however (which is to display 'Better choose wisely..'. and close the text box). So no matter what, I can't get my Bulbasaur. The same thing occurs with my Charmander and Squirtle scripts. I think it's something to do with the Person ID (which is currently 0000), but I don't know exactly what.

Help is much appreciated.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Instead of showsprite 0x5, you might want to try an applymovement. If you have a movement list, somewhere you'll see a "Show" movement. Use that for sprite 5.

Alright, it works now! ^_^
Mostly... sorry, lol I have another problem but this should be the last one. Everything works fine until the guy gives me the pokeballs, at which point he dissapears? No joke, I'm talking, it plays the fanfare, and poof, he's gone. It still displays the text and finishes the script, just not with him there, though.

:\ help?
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x8003EE
hidesprite 0x5
checkflag 0x905
if 0x0 goto 0x88003FA
lockall
msgbox 0x8800452 MSG_NORMAL '"Wait, [player]!"
setvar 0x5000 0x1
showsprite 0x5
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880045E
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x8800462
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880046C MSG_NORMAL '"ÊÊ\n that Ponyta been\nworking out..."
giveitem 0x4 0x5 MSG_OBTAIN
showsprite 0x5
msgbox 0x88005A7 MSG_NORMAL '"Just throw one when a POKéMON\nyou..."
applymovement 0x5 0x88006FB
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x905
releaseall
end
'---------------
#org 0x8003FA
lockall
msgbox 0x8800452 MSG_NORMAL '"Wait, [player]!"
setvar 0x5000 0x1
showsprite 0x5
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880045E
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x8800462
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880046C MSG_NORMAL '"ÊÊ\n that Ponyta been\nworking out..."
giveitem 0x4 0x5 MSG_OBTAIN
showsprite 0x5
msgbox 0x88005A7 MSG_NORMAL '"Just throw one when a POKéMON\nyou..."
applymovement 0x5 0x88006FB
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x905
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800452
= Wait, [player]!
#org 0x80046C
= ÊÊ\n that Ponyta been\nworking out for you?\p... ... ...\pWell, that's good.\nListen, before you go to\pthe next town, there is\nsomething you should know.\pPonyta won't be your only POKéMON.\pI know, it's crazy, but you can catch\nothers with a tool called a POKéBALL.\pI have some for you here.\nTry it!
#org 0x8005A7
= Just throw one when a POKéMON\nyou want to catch is weak.\pIf all goes well, the POKéMON\nwill be under your command!\p... ... ...\nAnd a word of advice...\pThe next town is the middle-ground\nbetween Terracasa and Crescent.\pIt might be rough.\pBut, good luck anyways.\nIf you were able to defeat Lord Aspen,\pthis should not be a problem for you.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x80045E
#raw 0x56 'Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw 0x2 'Face Left
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
#org 0x800462
#raw 0x55 'Show
#raw 0x4 'Step Down (Slow)
#raw 0x7 'Step Right (Slow)
#raw 0x5 'Step Up (Slow)
#raw 0x5 'Step Up (Slow)
#raw 0x5 'Step Up (Slow)
#org 0x8006FB
#raw 0x55 'Show
#raw 0x6 'Step Left (Slow)
#raw 0x5 'Step Up (Slow)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Well it did something a bit
Mom comes up says blah blah then If I again talk to her she says Go to bed :)
Then I go to bed to sleep then when I wake up she is not there BUT if I step at the S tile Mom comes again :(
If this problem is solved then I will be able to progress on my hack for sure
Here's the script
Spoiler:

Btw Message @1 and boxset 6 thingy works for me but not the msgbox @1 0x6
Well
Let's focus at the bigger problem now

This is what I did for mine - set a flag in the @done script (let's say it's 0x501 or something)

Have a script like this:

Code:
#org @mom
lockall
checkflag 0x501
if 0x0 goto @start
releaseall
end

This will check flag 501 in the @done script. If it hasn't been executed yet, it will always go to the @start script. However, if the player has executed it by sleeping in the bed, it will simply release the player when he steps on it and allow him to pass. So then compile @mom and apply it to the script by the stairs in place of the @start script, and it should work.

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
Years
That's not a type 05 level script. It's a type 02. Type 05 are those that only change flags / variables, and nothing that can be seen in-game.
If you want to change it to a type 02 level script, just include a setvar 0xXXXX (preferably 0x5000 of higher) 0x1 (or higher, no 0x0). Then, as Var Number in A-Map, give it the number of the var you used, e.g. 5000, and as Var Value, give it 0x0, or at least make it lower than the value you gave it with setvar..
OK, I did this, and it did a lot of strange letters, moved the character up, did a door warp animation(no door there) and said Registered Team Aqua Grunt on pokenav(lol, thats a strange error). I then read the level script diego put into his scripting tutorial, and did what it said. Now, nothing happens at all.

current script(changes in bold)
Spoiler:

Adv-map screenshot
Spoiler:

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
Years
Game:Ruby
Type: give pokemon
Editor: xse
Script: Giving starter
but when i open script in xse it has things totally different

spoiler is the script i made
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

this came out
Code:
'---------------
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @string1 MSG_YESNO '"Are you ready for your first/npoke..."
if 0x1 goto @snippet1
if 0x0 goto @snippet2
release
end
'---------------
#org @snippet1
'---------------
#org @snippet2
'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org @string1
= Are you ready for your first/npokemon

And a few other things came out too

Last edited:
Years
Game: FireRed
Type: Give Pokémon
Editor: XSE v.1.1.1
Script:
Before Compilation:

Spoiler:

After Compilation:
Spoiler:

Problem: The yes/no option comes up, so I select yes, and it does what should happen when I push no. When I push no, it does what I need it to do, however (which is to display 'Better choose wisely..'. and close the text box). So no matter what, I can't get my Bulbasaur. The same thing occurs with my Charmander and Squirtle scripts. I think it's something to do with the Person ID (which is currently 0000), but I don't know exactly what.

Help is much appreciated.

Please help me! As soon as I've got this script working, I will have some progress in my hack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back