• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Years
OMG, thank you. For about 10 minutes, I was paranoid thinking that it was a hacked one or something like that. And its a + because it is also Shiny

So happy!!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 12, 2014
I've had 9 shinies in total all in pokemon x and y:
. Shiny Charizard (Y)
. Shiny Zoroark
. Shiny Pancham ( found by accident and traded for charizardite x)
.Shiny Machoke ( found by accident and traded for kyogre)
. Shiny 6IV Korean Ditto off trade
.Shiny Charmander (found by accident when competitive breeding)
. Shiny Bergmite ( found by accident and traded for giratina)
. Shiny Graveler (found by accident when training in victory road) up for trade.

So overall I've been extremely, lucky. I've found 8 shinies myself. I've only got the shiny graveler up for trade. I have Pokemon Y. In this week, after 10 hours of play, I've found 4! I was ecstatic when I had a shiny adamant charmander by accident with perfect HP ATCK SPEED Iv's. I might give that one to my brother. I don't have shiny charm either. I'm hoping to fill the pokedex soon since I've collected 396 pokemon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 12, 2014
How are you going to get shiny mew? Unless you've got shiny legendaries from previous games.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
I've had 9 shinies in total all in pokemon x and y:
. Shiny Charizard (Y)
. Shiny Zoroark
. Shiny Pancham ( found by accident and traded for charizardite x)
.Shiny Machoke ( found by accident and traded for kyogre)
. Shiny 6IV Korean Ditto off trade
.Shiny Charmander (found by accident when competitive breeding)
. Shiny Bergmite ( found by accident and traded for giratina)
. Shiny Graveler (found by accident when training in victory road) up for trade.

So overall I've been extremely, lucky. I've found 8 shinies myself. I've only got the shiny graveler up for trade. I have Pokemon Y. In this week, after 10 hours of play, I've found 4! I was ecstatic when I had a shiny adamant charmander by accident with perfect HP ATCK SPEED Iv's. I might give that one to my brother. I don't have shiny charm either. I'm hoping to fill the pokedex soon since I've collected 396 pokemon.

I'm actually looking to chain a Shiny Litleo, but I don't know which route works best. On Route 22 I always mess it up because the patches are too small. On a more happy note, just chained myself a Shiny Zoroark in less than 30 in my chain. It's stats are horrible though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 12, 2014
According to the Pokedex, litleo can only only be found in route 22. My shiny Zoroark hasn't got exactly the best stats either, even though it was bred. I'm keeping it anyway for the sake of collection. I tried chaining but I was really bad at it. I heard two shiny patches, and each time i wasn't paying attention and i chose the wrong patch. My shiny bergmite,pancham and machoke were all found by accident in friend safari. I think the chances of finding a shiny in friend safari are close to that of masuda method, maybe a little bit more or less. For me it's possible to breed 5IV shiny pokemon since I have shiny 6IV Korean ditto given to me. If I get another english 6IV pokemon, I will get a 5IV pokemon with the right nature every time with a chance of getting a shiny! But I'm only going to that competitively. I really wish I got that shiny charmander later in the breeding process for a competitive pokemon, because I was teaching it Dragon Dance and Outrage.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Friend safaris are 1 in 1000 without the charm and 1 in 500 with it supposedly. Anyway my last shiny was a 5iv shiny snorlax and then a shiny galvantula in a safari, right now I am breeding for shiny chespin.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
Friend safaris are 1 in 1000 without the charm and 1 in 500 with it supposedly. Anyway my last shiny was a 5iv shiny snorlax and then a shiny galvantula in a safari, right now I am breeding for shiny chespin.

According to Serebii, the Shiny Charm is useless in Friend Safari. And according to Smogon, who has done research on the topic, it seems to be 1/512, regardless.

According to the Pokedex, litleo can only only be found in route 22. My shiny Zoroark hasn't got exactly the best stats either, even though it was bred. I'm keeping it anyway for the sake of collection. I tried chaining but I was really bad at it. I heard two shiny patches, and each time i wasn't paying attention and i chose the wrong patch. My shiny bergmite,pancham and machoke were all found by accident in friend safari. I think the chances of finding a shiny in friend safari are close to that of masuda method, maybe a little bit more or less. For me it's possible to breed 5IV shiny pokemon since I have shiny 6IV Korean ditto given to me. If I get another english 6IV pokemon, I will get a 5IV pokemon with the right nature every time with a chance of getting a shiny! But I'm only going to that competitively. I really wish I got that shiny charmander later in the breeding process for a competitive pokemon, because I was teaching it Dragon Dance and Outrage.

Yeah..I do have a shiny Zorua with decent IVs, and a level 100 Zoroark with high IVs.. but I want most of my shinies to be legitimately caught in Kalos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
According to Serebii, the Shiny Charm is useless in Friend Safari. And according to Smogon, who has done research on the topic, it seems to be 1/512, regardless.

Ah ok, and 1 in 512 is pretty good still. My odds are always good in safaris though. It takes me longer on y to find them then on X where I have the charm though...

Back