Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center
Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old July 14th, 2013, 07:52 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
I am just wondering. I know EVs are important I know Speed iV is an important one, but should I be super dedicated to the other IVs?

Have you been successful with Lower Ivs then Ideal? I know Speed is an important one
X- 2406 5987 8799
PS3 - Mkeborn87
Old July 14th, 2013, 08:15 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The title made me think this should've gone to the Simple Questions thread.

Anyway, IVs are important for Hidden Power base powers and types. I only go for IVs that range from 20-31 in the stats I intend on focusing on.

Old July 14th, 2013, 08:30 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

If you arent using Hidden Power. Is it important?
X- 2406 5987 8799
PS3 - Mkeborn87
Old July 14th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Apart form Hidden Powers, it depends on whether it's a Pokemon that uses Gyro Ball (Like Ferrothorn) or if its a Special Attacker that doesn't need Hidden Power (Like Starmie), or even a Suicide Lead (Like Banette). In the first two cases, I'd drop the Speed and Attack IV respectively, the former makes it as slow as possible to increase the power of Gyro Ball, and the latter takes less damage from the rare confusion status ailment.

In the case of Banette, A suicide Pokemon has its defenses and speed minimized to 0 IVs so that Banette is brought down to his Focus Sash, allowing him to gain a kill with Destiny Bond with much more reliability.
Quote:
Boilurn, the Scald Pokemon and the evolved form of Hottle. It can burn the holder by the lightest of touches when it boils. It can boil 3 gallons of water in one minute.
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
IVs can give a maximum of +31 points in a stat at level 100, so arguably they are quite important, yes! If you're playing competitively then chances are all of your opponent's Pokémon will have max IVs, which for stats like Attack and Defence won't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, but the difference between 0 and 31 Speed can be game changing, especially in a meta full of such powerful sweepers. IVs aren't important for in-game teams, but for competitive teams they can occasionally win or lose you the match, especially if you come up against the same Pokémon as you're using but with higher IVs, so I'd always aim to get them as high as possible. EVs and base stats are more important to focus on, but IVs can be a big deal too, especially in the lower base stats where +31 could be a huge amount to add.

And, as said above, IVs are also used to determine the type/power of Hidden Power, so they're worth looking out for in that regard too.
Old July 15th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Two things. Trick Room and weather. I could have sworn you've asked this at least twice already.
Terriermon and Lopmon

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:24 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Two things. Trick Room and weather. I could have sworn you've asked this at least twice already.
I dont recall asking about this twice. >.>; I know i asked something about IVs before but not its importance.
X- 2406 5987 8799
PS3 - Mkeborn87
Old July 18th, 2013, 05:38 AM
AmourPearlShipper
Caution: Drunken people crossing

In competitive battling, yes. They are important for the type of Hidden Power. 0 IVs in Speed are also important for any Gyro Ball using Pokemon (such as Ferrothorn). In general however, aim for 31 IVs in all stats. On Showdown! and PO you can tweak these IVs to your preference.
Escavalier literally is 2HKOed by Stoutland Fire Fang, Metang was undoubtedly the much better choice.
SuperSkarmory | Serebii | Infernape in Ubers (peaked at #35!)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here