• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
You should do it now while you can still remember some of it, and besides, it's really cool and will be needed for any future demos.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, I'm making progress with the battle system...
Anyway, other than the battle system, a few other things I worked on were the title screen (recoded that; it's not fully done, but I'll finish it later), a new HM (do that later, since it's not obtainable in the first demo), and a recoded start menu (not changing its appearance, just the coding to allow for better visual effects).
Thanks for all your support, anyway!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Sounds like you've got quite a lot to do, Wichu. I hope to see the finished title screen (I'm inferring that it will be amazing), and the start menu. May I ask what will be changed on the start menu, though?

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
wow! That really sucks. I hope you can get all the scripts back up to date. I really like the look of the battle system, so I hope all goes well, good luck!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Yeah, I'm sorry to Wichu. There is nothing worse then something like that, and even going back to something a month old can be really disheartening cause it feels all that work you put in is wasted.

I find, that when something like loss of data happens to me, work on something else to help get you over it, then go back to the feature.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Oh, I'm sorry to heard that.
But, fortunately, you already start working on it.
I believe you'll get everything back soon.
Good luck!

Atomic Reactor

wow, I'm pretty sure his game is not as important as his school work lol.

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
This game looks like it's going to be awesome, the plot is really well thought out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, I'm making progress :D

I've nearly finished the battle interface (again) - but this time, it's better (coding-wise, and only slightly, appearance-wise)! :O

But enough of that. I have... a challenge for you guys.

Basically, the challenge is to guess what the shadow in my signature looks like. Because I'm nice, here's a bigger version that you can either print out, draw on and scan, or just edit in Photoshop or some other program.

You have exactly one week for this challenge; on Saturday 29th November, I will decide who got the closest to the actual design.
The winner will get to find out about a secret feature I'm going to implement, before anyone else knows!

So, get drawing!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'm not really looking for how well coloured it is, so you should be OK. But if there are two really good guesses, I'd go for the one that looks better, so you should do shading if you can.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Oh ok then. That would be a problem as i have paint ant i really never sprited.
And if i do guess really close could i be a runner up alothugh its not shaded?

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years

I've nearly finished the battle interface (again) - but this time, it's better (coding-wise, and only slightly, appearance-wise)! :O

Basically, the challenge is to guess what the shadow in my signature looks like. Because I'm nice, here's a bigger version that you can either print out, draw on and scan, or just edit in Photoshop or some other program.

You have exactly one week for this challenge; on Saturday 29th November, I will decide who got the closest to the actual design.
The winner will get to find out about a secret feature I'm going to implement, before anyone else knows!

So, get drawing!
It looks like a Luxray evo...

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021

So, get drawing!

I just connected the dots, lol this is the pokemon you are using for Serebii.nets scratch spriting contest aren't you! Now that makes me very excited since the contest is to scratch a legendary pokemon! This means that we will be seeing one of amethyst's legends shortly! Ah, the suspense will kill me for the next few days! I cannot wait!

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Yay, COntest participation for me! I think it looks like some kind of Dog/Wolf/Lion, and it's tail is a crescent moon. So, some kind of...LUNAR WOLF! Of course! I think I may have got it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back