• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Go Master Ball!

Years
Always on roamers. I have such bad memories of leveling up a Mean Look Golbat or Haunter in GSC to catch the legendary dogs, it took forever. Having to encounter them again and again is always exhausting. Thank you Master Ball. :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
In Yellow I used it on Mewtwo, in Crystal is used it dumbly on Suicune.

I still have my master ball in all in the gen 6 games and would only use it on a shiny legendary that was about to faint.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Is it weird that I kind of look at the Master Ball as a trophy, so I don't really like using it?
I catch all of my Legendary pokemon with either the Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Premier Ball, or the Luxury Ball.
Plus I feel like, having all the Legendary pokemon without having to ever use your Master Ball is sort of swag. lol

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
roaming legends. if there aren't any in a game, I get a few cloned and brag about them :p

Years
I'll never forget in my first ever Pokemon game playthrough I used it on a Oddish, I never really understood the significance of the Master Ball and it made capturing the roaming legendaries trickier later on.

Nowadays I don't tend to use it as much, apart from on a legendary I really want even though legendary Pokemon are super easy to catch since Gen 6 - I always found Moltres back in FireRed the hardest to catch for some reason, maybe I was just unlucky.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
Hmm.. I really don't tend to use the Master Ball much, thinking about it! I prefer to use it on Roaming Legendaries, however— they're super annoying to catch and all. Mesprit in D/P/Pl is quite frankly the one I'd always instantly chuck it at. >__>'

If I find a shiny getting to too low of health, and I have a Master Ball— definitely gonna chuck it then too. I've had to do so before in Pearl back when I owned it, believe it was a shiny Starly? I don't remember, unfortunately I don't have that shiny anymore. ;w;'

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
I only remember using the Master Ball on a Shiny once (I usually always reserve it for roamers).

I was lucky enough to run into a shiny Plusle twice (in Emerald) within a span of about 2-3 minutes (is that rare or what :P), the first time I stupidly fainted it, but the second time time, I just chucked my Master Ball at it & viola, shiny Plusle in the bag.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
One time I used it on an Unown Z. :D

<_<

But, most of the time, I just use it on stubborn legendary Pokemon I can't catch in a Pokeball. I'm hardcore.

Lunarly

(●´ω`●)
Years
  • Age 25
  • US
  • Seen Feb 2, 2019
I always use my master ball on the main legendary of the game since I want to move on with the storyline rather than crossing my fingers hoping it'd stay in the ultra ball :o

Years
I always save my Master Ball to use on roaming legendaries. Without a strong Pok?mon to trap them and False Swipe to diminish their HP to 1, it's an insanely hard catch.

Years
I almost always use it on the game's mascot. Pity in this case, because Deoxys was a total little shit compared to Kyogre

Years
I mostly tend to use it on a hard-to-catch legendary, or the mascot legendary. Depends if the mascot is forced to be captured to progress or not.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
In Pokemon Pearl (my first game) I used it on Palkia, which I ended up kind of regretting because Cresselia was such a pain to catch. (I caught it with an Ultra Ball when it was my last Poke Ball. It was very exciting).

In FireRed and LeafGreen I used it on Mewtwo. I cloned the Master Ball in Emerald and sent it to Fire Red to use on the roaming legendary. It's a good thing I did because I didn't know about the Roar Glitch, so I could have easily lost my roaming legendary if I hadn't used it then.

In Emerald I cloned it a bunch of times so I could use it on legendaries. I only ended up using it on Kyogre though.

In Gold I cloned the masterball again. This time I used it on all the legendaries (Ho-oh, Lugia, Entei, Raikou and Suicune).

In White 2 I used it on Reshiram.

Omega Ruby I think I used it on Deoxys.

Back