• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trade Fails!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I accidentally wonder traded a shiny once... but it was just a goldeen so I didn't beat myself up over it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 2, 2014
I narrowly missed one. I got the Ralts from Diatha and didn't know it was holding the mega stone (so I put it in my tradable box) until I was reading about mega stones and saw it. I immediately turned on my game to make sure I still had it. I did, which was good, because a few weeks later I traded off the pokemon I didn't need.

I also once thought I traded off my soothe bell. I found it though.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
so far so good. I'm always careful, because when I put beedrill on wonder trade, I always check I'm not trading the one I use on my team (L69). I almost re-traded a foongus with a tinymushroom, though.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'm sure this counts:

At time I made the trade, I didn't realized I needed a Shiny Stone to make Minccino evolve (in my mind I kept thinking I needed a Moon Stone) - it was until read it on Bulbagardens that Shiny Stone is required, I realized I had traded that stone away. I was kind of disappointed with myself.

Luckily for me, in a future trade (after my incident above) someone sent me a shiny stone (very happy with Cinccino now).

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
:( I think I didn't pay attention once while trading a Pokemon away, and it was still holding my Smoke Ball (I think), because I can't seem to find it now anywhere in my Items :(
Ah well, I can have my friends' but still, pretty stupid I didn't pay any attention whatsoever if the Pokemon I traded away was actually holding an item or not >_<

Btw, I too, get bothered by A LOT of people with no soul pranking the GTS by asking waaaaay over the top Pokemon for a Pokemon in return that is quite easy to obtain! Also, I noticed a lot of people spamming there, asking the SAME Pokemon in return but with another gender or higher level... seriously, are people that impatient/dislike the game they can't breed for themselves or lack the joys of training them?... This amazes me every time...

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot, I NEARLY traded my shiny Volbeat away to someone for a normal Spinda... WHAT was I thinking?! (must have been tired xD)... I noticed just in time, and I immediately turned my 3DS XL console off... Sorry about that, random stranger, but I wasn't planning on trading a shiny for a normal-easy-to-obtain Pokemon xD

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
I once accidentally traded away my Lucky Egg... fortunately it was an extra one I got from a trade with someone else who probably did the same :P I also traded away my Nevermeltice, but that was because it was a really good offer and I didn't want to go back and remove the item only to find the Pokemon snapped up by someone else.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I once accidentally traded away my Lucky Egg... fortunately it was an extra one I got from a trade with someone else who probably did the same :P I also traded away my Nevermeltice, but that was because it was a really good offer and I didn't want to go back and remove the item only to find the Pokemon snapped up by someone else.

I've done that kind of thing a few times. I was trading all my extra stones (the ones that are harder to get, not the ones you can just buy) from my X over to my Y so I could evolve more Pokemon while working on my National Dex. Then forgot to remove all the stones from said trades.... then while looking on the GTS ended up trading a few just snapping up dex fillers. Not as bad as loosing a lucky egg.... but did cause me to work extra hard on Secret Training for over an hour trying to get more Moon Stones and Sun Stones.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I've almost GTS'd my Lucky Egg three times, because I'll raise-up a pokemon that's needed with it quickly, and then forget to remove it. :P

Fastblade

Who?
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I have the biggest fail of all.

When I first got the game, a friend gave me 5 shinies for safe-keeping. We decided to try and trade them, eventually working our way up the totem pole of awesome shinies.
Well, at this point I didn't know what a shiny Paras looked like, and this guy offered it to me for my friend's shiny Clauncher. I noticed Paras looked lighter than in the other games, so I thought it was a shiny.
...needless to say, when I got it, I was extremely angry.
Then, the guy wouldn't even give it back. He legit tricked me and ran away with my friend's shiny.

I've learned from my lesson since then. I memorized all shinies, pretty much, and I make sure to check the other's summary before trading.
Thankfully, I replaced Clauncher since then, but it doesn't really matter since Shiny Claunchers are extremely common.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I traded my Event Arceus (L100, 2-3 IVs) away and got a Purrloin in return. Feel free to slap me.

After that, I am not trading any legendaries again. :P But then, I was a noob at trading back then, so I learned my lesson.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 3, 2015
I have experienced a couple of fails with trading myself. I once traded a regular kadabra for what me AND the person I traded with thought to be a regular haunter. Only a MONTH after the trade did I find out it was a shiny, because I was searching through the box XD.

Another fail was getting a shiny level 1 togepi through wondertrade, not checking it's status, and kicking it back to it without noticing it being shiny! Only noticed much later when browsing my pokedex for interesting entries (seriously, the stuff out there...) did I noticed, because I only ever HAD this one, and seen the only entry was that of a shiny.

Now a win for me, but a fail for somebody else. I once got a regular level 40 suicune, nothing too fancy, for a ralts on wondertrade. But the luck doesn't end there; later the same day, somebody send be a trade offer when I played pokemon Y, which I accepted, and traded me an ACTUALLY LEGIT shiny darkrai for it. Best day to play pokemon XD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 3, 2015
Nice to hear that people trade legends for a shiny... maybe I'll try to get some shiny Pokemon from a friend safari and put them up for the other two bird legends I am missing

Not wanting to start a trade thread, but I have some spare legendaries I plan to trade for shiny. If interested, pm me :)

Years
^ Oh goodness, that sounds like something that'd make for a nice deal today. But I wonder what the person who sent it got in exchange...

Years
I put up a Treecko for a Fletchling and put that it must have Flamebody in the comments. Got one with Big Pecks....
The GTS is kinda fail. Too many fools trying to get legends of trashymons.

Reactions: Sun
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 2, 2015
Was trading a shiny eevee for a shiny electivire yesterday and got a non shiny with a really lousy nick name. HML

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I once traded a salamanca for what I thought was a shiny Forretress. Unfortunately I didn't know all Foretress' Are red and white.

Back