• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
Sorry if this has been asked before but.....How do i start my own thread in the Pokemon Roleplay section? Im totally stuck,and i want to make my Pokemon Rpg but i have absolutely no idea how to. Thanks ahead of time,and try not to get too complicated. Thx!!

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Alright, I need some help with a problem I'm having. I'm trying to put a script in Fire Red, that adds in dialogue. Now, I've followed this tutorial to a tee, but every time that I play my game, I just get a blank text.

I thought it was a problem with how I was inserting the script, but I've tried other scripts, and those work just fine.

Here is an example of an attempted dialogue script:

#ORG $TestDialogue
Lock
Faceplayer
message $Testing
$Testing 1 = This is a test.
boxset 6
release
end

I compiled this, put the offset into advance map, and loaded the ROM. But when I talk to the person, I get some unrecognizable characters. (This is interesting, as my usual attempts result in blank text boxes)

I feel like I must be doing something really obvious wrong, but I don't know what.

...O.o That's very strange. I don't see an error in that script. Did you used the right offset in advancemap?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
Are you using Pokescript or ScriptEd? Cause, ScriptEd does not folow the format you are using, but if you are using Pokescript then i guess the script is ok? Cause i dont use Pokescript, i use ScriptEd.
This is what a script would look like on Script Ed:

#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
message 0x800100
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800100
= Testing, 1,2,3.

Yes, I'm using PokeScript.

...O.o That's very strange. I don't see an error in that script. Did you used the right offset in advancemap?

Yeah. Like I said, I've tried other scripts, and they work. It's just, when I try for dialogue, it glitches. A box shows up, but the dialogue is either messed up symbols, or it's completely blank.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
Have u tried editing a new clean rom? maybe u've overwritten sm text already there while scripting before...

P.S. anybody can help? ^^
1-I've looked a lot, but can't find an easy way to do what i want to, which is, ehr, translating? I'm italian and i'm doing a funny text hack (with a bit of scripting too, i'm learning) but to use all the toolz, i've had to use the english rom. Any way to quickly find ALL the offsets for text? A full (or near-full) A-text or Poketext .ini for Pokemon Ruby is available? Or some procedure to easily find text in hex editors (some code at the beginning? who know?) to distinguish from the whole scripts themselves?
For now, i'm playing the game looking for all the messages, but that's terrible (and i'll sure miss stg)
2-In the simple questions, sbd asks 4 creating new pokemon where the missingno. are (near 252-260). "U can but u need repointing". WHAT? XD what exactly should i do (other than creating the sprites, modifying attacks and, if i want, evolution, with the tools)?
thx

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
hey, im currently hacking Ruby, well trying anyway..:\ i wanted to know......

Can i add to the current existing pokedex?
if so, how?
how do i change the starters to pokemon ive created?

:disappoinplease help

Years
hey, im currently hacking Ruby, well trying anyway..:\ i wanted to know......

Can i add to the current existing pokedex?
if so, how?
how do i change the starters to pokemon ive created?

:disappoinplease help

Hmm...i do not know about adding to the existing Pokedex, but you can, nevertheless, overwrite existing Pokemon. All you need is Pokemon Amplifier, and UNLZ-GBA. You put the new sprite in with UNLZ-GBA, and use Pokemon Amplifier to change stats and so on.
To change starters go to the toolbox and download A-Starter,
Once you have done this, open your ROM and there should be three lists with Bulbassaur Squirtle and Charmander. All you do is search for your created pokemon, and select it. Its pretty simple.
If you get stuck at all with the pokemon editing feel free to PM me.

Giovanni

20% Brock

Freikorps Representative
Years
Is there a way to automatically give the player the National Pokedex at the beginning of Sapphire?

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2007
Question

1) When I try to start my game after I exit my house the screen goes black and nothing happens, what should I do to fix it?

2) Say I wanted to make my own pokemon and have him replace bulbasaur, what would I use to change them?

I am editing a pokemon leaf green, but I also have a ruby one incase I can't with leaf green

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
This may sound pretty stupid and crazy, but...

Is it possible to skip naming the Rival in Fire Red?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I feel like being generous from now on so here are answers based to the best of my abilities.
Is there a way to automatically give the player the National Pokedex at the beginning of Sapphire?
Depends on what you mean by automatically... I personally choose to give the flag "0x10A" pretty early on. This flag, when combined with the regular pokedex flag will enable the national dex.

1) When I try to start my game after I exit my house the screen goes black and nothing happens, what should I do to fix it?

2) Say I wanted to make my own pokemon and have him replace bulbasaur, what would I use to change them?
You really should have read up first, but oh well...:(
1) You more than likely have erased something that the game needed to function. If you didn't back your game up, there is nothing you can do exept start over. ~always back your game up~
2) I would use pokepic, it comes standard with Elitemap. It will let you replace the bulbasaur image with your own, that is, if it meets the same limits.

This may sound pretty stupid and crazy, but...
Is it possible to skip naming the Rival in Fire Red?
Ah my friend there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers... But to my knowledge you cannot skip this part of the game, it is inscribed within the game's core programming.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Hiidoran said:
Ah my friend there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers... But to my knowledge you cannot skip this part of the game, it is inscribed within the game's core programming.

Nope, you CAN skip it (I saw it in one Hack, but don´t know which). But I really don´t know how, sry...

EDIT: But now, my question: I´ve downloaded FreeSpaceFinder, I have unlZgba, and I have my Fakemon, but I don´t know;
1.) What to search (the bytes)
2.) what to do with the found number (where to put it in)

If someone knows, please tell me (but not 2 sentences please^^)

Last edited:

kamikaze watermelon

< He will OWN you!!!!!!!!1%one
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2007
This will sound really stupid but how do I open a ROM in PokeScript so I can edit the scripts? Thanks.

you cannot "open" a rom in it, you need to write the script in note pad and save it as .rbc, and right click it and select compile. from there bufrite will appear and you choose the destination(the rom you want the script on) then, you click the blue thing in bufrite and select one of those codes, selct burn and it's on the rom.(make sure you right down the first 6-figure number on the first thing, because that's the script offset)
and that's how you do it :)

20% Brock

Freikorps Representative
Years
Depends on what you mean by automatically... I personally choose to give the flag "0x10A" pretty early on. This flag, when combined with the regular pokedex flag will enable the national dex.
How exactly could I do this? What I want to do is make PROF. BIRCH give the player the National Dex at the beginning of the game instead of the regular pokedex.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
2 questions:

1)How i can add people and move warps to other towns?

2) How can can i do that the professor give oyu the pokedex(with national?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Llamanator said:

I am editing a pokemon leaf green, but I also have a ruby one incase I can't with leaf green

1. Could be your warp or your rom, make sure you have your emulator set on Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K, that could also be the problem

2. I would recommend UNlz.gba, because Pokepic doesn't work with LG without an extension. Pokemon usually begin around the 1000's.

Lycos said:
Is it possible to make an item that will reappear after leaving the room?

It could be possible with scripting...It could also depend on the sprite, you could overwrite a sprite with a Pokeball sprite and then give it an item script...

AlbinoMew said:
How exactly could I do this? What I want to do is make PROF. BIRCH give the player the National Dex at the beginning of the game instead of the regular pokedex.

I don't believe it has been figured out in Ruby/Sapphire, but there is a script for FR/LG/E here by Scizz: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79817

pokettomonsuta said:
2 questions:

1. Go to Events View in AdvanceMap and change the events manager to add more people. In AdvanceMap to warp to other towns you need to make the connection go there and come back to the old town, so add the connection to the town and write the old come back in the new town...Let's say you want Pewter to connection to Pallet so you check the Pewter entry code and copy all the code and put it as a connection north of Pallet, then check Route 1 and copy the downward connection code and put it as a south connection on Pewter.

2. Check the link above.

Last edited:

Dark_porygon

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 22, 2014
2 questions:

1) use the warp numbers by an other warp. and people just go to event and go to people an select 1 more.

2) scripting.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2007
You really should have read up first, but oh well...:(
1) You more than likely have erased something that the game needed to function. If you didn't back your game up, there is nothing you can do exept start over. ~always back your game up~
2) I would use pokepic, it comes standard with Elitemap. It will let you replace the bulbasaur image with your own, that is, if it meets the same limits.

Ok, and I just make the picture with paint, photoshop, ect.?

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
Depends on what you mean by automatically... I personally choose to give the flag "0x10A" pretty early on. This flag, when combined with the regular pokedex flag will enable the national dex..

1-it's this flag ok also for ruby? (in a post i read it hasn't been discovered yet the national dex flag for R/S)

2-In the simple questions, sbd asks 4 creating new pokemon where the missingno. are (near 252-260). "U can but u need repointing". WHAT? XD what exactly should i do?
2a-With pokèpic, i've added the normal and shiny and backface sprites. But the animations? Anyway to edit them (to create them...)? Where are they located? How you fakemon creators edit those?
2b-patted.exe, in the elitemap toolz, don't let me add attacks to the pokemon. anyway to do it?
2c-in addition, the ?????? hasn't a position in the dex. anyway to solve this problem? if i don't edit, the game will crash when "adding record to the pokedex"?
2d-after edited sprites and attacks, it's all done? or i have to do stg else to make the added pokemon workin? smb says i need repointing it. how? (and WHAT? :P)

3-I've looked a lot, but can't find an easy way to do what i want to, which is, ehr, translating? I'm italian and i'm doing a funny text hack (with a bit of scripting too, i'm learning) but to use all the toolz, i've had to use the english rom. Any way to quickly find ALL the offsets for text? A full (or near-full) A-text or Poketext .ini for Pokemon Ruby is available? Or some procedure to easily find text in hex editors (some code at the beginning? who know?) to distinguish from the whole scripts themselves?
u hackerz, how do u this (hacks with nearly all the texts changed)? For now, i'm playing the game looking for all the messages, but that's terrible (and i'll sure miss stg)

thx men, love u ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back