• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Plot, Planning & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I like RPG-RPs, but they are a lot of commitment. Hopefully with two of you on board though it'll make it a lot more feasible! :)

This reminds me a lot of a medieval-ish fantasy RP I was part of long before PC. It offered a lot of flexibility, even to the point of people being able to justify their own races (with enough detail) and basically specify their characters skills without limiting them to a single word like 'healer' 'archer' etc.

Will there be magic? Have you thought of the main driving force behind this roleplay yet, what this incoming evil will be?

DRAGONS?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I like RPG-RPs, but they are a lot of commitment. Hopefully with two of you on board though it'll make it a lot more feasible! :)

This reminds me a lot of a medieval-ish fantasy RP I was part of long before PC. It offered a lot of flexibility, even to the point of people being able to justify their own races (with enough detail) and basically specify their characters skills without limiting them to a single word like 'healer' 'archer' etc.

Will there be magic? Have you thought of the main driving force behind this roleplay yet, what this incoming evil will be?

DRAGONS?

Yep, we've been taking all of this into account while we've been hammering out details. Magic will indeed be a thing and there is a driving force with a great evil! :3

Reactions: SV

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Yep, we've been taking all of this into account while we've been hammering out details. Magic will indeed be a thing and there is a driving force with a great evil! :3

We've also got a very flexible class 'system' so to say, without any specific guidelines for what skills a character can have. Meaning that you can mix and match between fencing and magic, maybe the powerful bare-handed fighting of a Monk mixed with something else, etcetera. The magic system is pretty free-form as well, and we're basically making the players be a part of creating their own limits, with me and Albs making sure it doesn't go completely overboard.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
We haven't seen super many pure fantasy-style original world RPs here, at least not ones that actually live for a while. So I wish you luck with this as it sounds nice :3

The world the characters will be plonked down in will be on the brink of a semi-industrial revolutions, thanks to a brand new power-source discovery! Namely, a special type of crystal that can be used to generate and expel alot of energy. However, beyond the border of the capital city, there's barely any of this technology loose. So, what exactly will happen when several adventurers band together to try and stop an oncoming evil, with the rapid growth of industrialization of a magical, mystical land quickly spreading?
This specifically interests me. Kind of an Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura style world? Technology vs magic? I love steampunk kind of settings and even though this maybe isn't exactly what you had in mind, it sounds interesting that you'll mix some type of industrial revolution into a fantasy style RP.

Are you planning on focusing a lot on action (with all the different class systems you mention) or on drama?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Well, this industrial revolution-type-dealio that's going to be ocurring alongside the adventure is spurred on by something I'm not at liberty to talk about yet, but this is basically the reason for alot of new tech popping up. I wouldn't say it's steampunky, but it's kinda the same principles. I'd actually say it's more a Final Fantasy-esque type of technology than anything else.

That said, even before this revolution, gunpowder has been invented and used to create very basic rifles, pistols and so on. They're pretty horrible though, so many people still favor swords or bows or obviously magic over them.

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 18, 2014
I was just wondering if anyone has decided to make a steampunk RP because if not I'm going to work on it.

Years
Well even though the remake for Connections and Fragmented are soon to be posted I have had an interesting idea for an RP. So I'll tell you about it and get some feedback because if it is well liked I'll start working on getting it ready to take the spot of which ever RP I finish first - or I might just post it since it's not exactly going to be the first time I have had way too many RPs going.

Anyway, the idea takes inspiration from some elements Final Fantasy X and series such as Selector Infected WIXOSS and Pokémon. So it's basically an original RP that takes inspiration from many existing franchises.

Spoiler:

So that's what I have so far. It uses a lot of cliché ideas, but I feel like with the proper editing and tuning up I could turn it into a really interesting RP.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
You've got a lot of interesting ideas but it does seem a lot like a FFX/Pokemon crossover. I think it would be best to move the battles away from what you have currently and make them more freeform? IE, not neccesary to have named 'moves' as such (or at least commands not always needed) and the gems idea can probably be written off.

The attributes you have seem pretty good - will the summoners only be fighting other summoners or is there another enemy at hand? If so I would love to see a holy-type summon (healing/light/whatever).

I guess it mostly hinges on your story - they get their dearest wish... power? If there's a high risk of death I can't see anyone risking it for anything much smaller than that, unless it's bringing back a wiped out town or something, idk.

Either way, work on the lore surrounding your Aeons and the world. Also work out how the players will interact with each other, as well as NPCs, etc.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
That looks -really- cool Gimme. I'm like, THE biggest FFX fan in the world, and I'm totally digging this idea of yours. However, personally, I don't think I'd want to take on the role of the summoner, seems like an extremely important, difficult and even volatile position.

Maybe it'll be a bit more like FFX where the summoner is also able to recruit guardians due to other summoners possibly hiring mercenaries to try and steal another summoner's gems as you stated? I personally would love to be able to play the role of an aeon, but given how you've set it up so far, that would be pretty damn difficult :P Keep at it, Gimme!

Years
Thanks for the tips guys.
Honestly that idea is still really in the draft stages since I am trying to blend a lot of ideas into one RP - it might not even come about. I have wanted to create RP focusing on combat between summoners for a while though. In the end I'll possibly just revert more to the theme of FFX though but I like allowing for conflict between characters which FFX doesn't.

Maybe I'll scrap this and revert to a FFX feel, but have them all working towards individual goals rather that defeating a great evil? I'm not sure.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thanks for the tips guys.
Honestly that idea is still really in the draft stages since I am trying to blend a lot of ideas into one RP - it might not even come about. I have wanted to create RP focusing on combat between summoners for a while though. In the end I'll possibly just revert more to the theme of FFX though but I like allowing for conflict between characters which FFX doesn't.

Maybe I'll scrap this and revert to a FFX feel, but have them all working towards individual goals rather that defeating a great evil? I'm not sure.

Could be both? Perhaps an overall evil they want to uproot but have different opinions on exactly how to do that?

FFX has a lot of potential avenues to go down (final fantasy in general is a shockingly underused base around these parts) so could lead to something very interesting! Let us know if your idea develops or you come up with anything new :).

Seven kyuun

Girl who wants a red scarf
Years
I find this place after I submit a RP//facepalm
Anyways, I just submitted an RP which plays with colour and things black and white because I I love that stuff. Someone gimme a new brain ;w;
And depending on whether its accepted or not could anyone here offer advice on how to improve it?

Spoiler:

For reference. ^^

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
So this is an idea that I got yesterday after watching the Mega Evolution I Special. It's barely out of the hatching stage, so this is basically just to see how well received (or not) this might be. 'Cause, even though this is a pokémon forum, people don't seem to want to roleplay about pokémon much lately, lol.

The Summit
A place that only the most skilled of trainers can even hope to reach. A place reserved for the masters of Mega Evolution.​

Basically the Summit is equivalent to becoming Champion for normal trainers, I guess.

Rather than this being a normal journey roleplay, as I'm sure that starting out completely new and inexperienced might be the reason people don't want to do journey roleplays, roleplayers will start out as decently skilled trainers. They will each have a keystone and one pokémon with the capability to Mega Evolve, and this will be their only pokémon for the whole roleplay (Most likely). They will have special equipment and privileges (not exactly sure what yet) that normal trainers don't, and they will be tasked with certain missions and whatnot to help further their skills and hopefully uncover the secrets to Mega Evolution.

For example:
[Insert Trainer Name Here], a strange energy source has been detected in the [Insert Name] Ruins nearby. Go investigate these ruins, and bring back any Mega Stones that you come across. Scan any other data that may be related to Mega Evolution for study at the Sycamore Laboratory.

Roleplayers won't necessarily be working together or even know each other, unless they so choose. They will also be competing with one another, et cetera.

The roleplay will take place in an expanded version of Kalos, as Mega Evolution is apparently only canon in the Kalos Region as of now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The Summit
Sounds cool! I've been itching for a plot driven pokémon RP where you don't have to raise your team from scratch, haha. I'd recommend leaving levels out of it if you're going for a solo pokémon thing. And interaction is gooderaction! Make some story arcs where players won't really have to journey together, but will arrive at locations or do missions at the same time so that they can interact when they feel like it?

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
So this is an idea that I got yesterday after watching the Mega Evolution I Special. It's barely out of the hatching stage, so this is basically just to see how well received (or not) this might be. 'Cause, even though this is a pokémon forum, people don't seem to want to roleplay about pokémon much lately, lol.

The Summit
A place that only the most skilled of trainers can even hope to reach. A place reserved for the masters of Mega Evolution.​

Basically the Summit is equivalent to becoming Champion for normal trainers, I guess.

Rather than this being a normal journey roleplay, as I'm sure that starting out completely new and inexperienced might be the reason people don't want to do journey roleplays, roleplayers will start out as decently skilled trainers. They will each have a keystone and one pokémon with the capability to Mega Evolve, and this will be their only pokémon for the whole roleplay (Most likely). They will have special equipment and privileges (not exactly sure what yet) that normal trainers don't, and they will be tasked with certain missions and whatnot to help further their skills and hopefully uncover the secrets to Mega Evolution.

For example:
[Insert Trainer Name Here], a strange energy source has been detected in the [Insert Name] Ruins nearby. Go investigate these ruins, and bring back any Mega Stones that you come across. Scan any other data that may be related to Mega Evolution for study at the Sycamore Laboratory.

Roleplayers won't necessarily be working together or even know each other, unless they so choose. They will also be competing with one another, et cetera.

The roleplay will take place in an expanded version of Kalos, as Mega Evolution is apparently only canon in the Kalos Region as of now.

Spoilers come in spoilers, be careful.
Spoiler:

Anyways, it does seem quite interesting is that what you meant when you said you had another RP in mind? ohohoho but if anything I wouldn't mind seeing this come to fruition. Do you have any antagonists in mind/a major opposing force, or are the antagonists/rivals the other players themselves?

Additionally, if it's only one Pokemon, it's probably a ridiculously strong/high leveled Pokemon, right?

Nakuzami

Years
Spoilers come in spoilers, be careful.
Spoiler:

Anyways, it does seem quite interesting is that what you meant when you said you had another RP in mind? ohohoho but if anything I wouldn't mind seeing this come to fruition. Do you have any antagonists in mind/a major opposing force, or are the antagonists/rivals the other players themselves?

Additionally, if it's only one Pokemon, it's probably a ridiculously strong/high leveled Pokemon, right?

Yeah, I saw that. Not to mention Mega Charizard X in Origins, if you consider that to be canon in any way. But I'll probably still have the roleplay set in Kalos. It makes the most sense, and nobody has really had a Kalos roleplay around here yet, that I'm aware of.

As far as antagonists go . . . that was actually what I was just trying to come up with about two hours ago when I was planning. I'm thinking some sort of group that directly opposes them, who wish to harness the power of Megas for various reasons (whereas you are more focused on discovering their secrets), as well as a possible cult of Diancie/Xerneas & Yveltal. At first the cult idea sounded odd, but then I entertained it and figured it could work.

The cult would be against both of the other two groups, and would seek to "protect the sanctity of the power of Mega Evolution" or something. In the end, they could have an ancient temple out of synch with reality, which is where the literal Summit could lie (the roleplayers would think the Summit was a figurative goal/title, like Pokémon Master)

It's still in the planning stages, and I think I might hold off on posting it until around the release of ORAS, so that RPers will have access to all of the new Megas.

And yes, the single pokémon would be powerful, but there would be no leveling mechanic (as Rika suggested).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this here thing o.o It's planned out roughly from start to ending, but I don't want to control the details too much, rather I'd like to adapt them around the actions and choices of the players. Is it too odd/confusing or something people would actually like to sign up for?

Spoiler:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
just a little fanguying
Spoiler:

I would sign up in a heart beat.

I only suggest two things:

1. I'd ask for a roleplay sample. I'm not sure if you'd make it set in Astra Story's universe, the human world, or request one from another RP, but personally an SU which requires few other sections to be filled out should have a roleplay sample just to make sure the player is good enough for the RP.

2. Elaborate on pokemorphs[?] Since it seems each player will be able to morph into multiple Pokemon: for example, you may want to explain the limitations of morphing [if any], or address anything that could be assumed incorrectly.​

Nakuzami

Years
Rika, all you have to know is that your roleplays seriously make me ask myself if I can handle another roleplay. "I want to . . . but do I have time? Will I be able to? Do I have any previous obliga---screw it, I'm joining."

I think that basically sums it up.

I agree with DLMuerte. Perhaps explain how total a pokémorph transformation is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back