• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Good to see another update, though it still might be a mistake to have mentioned the genders of the previous games' protagonists. Also, RoL and RR probably need to be updated to modern hacking standards...

Years
Still that missing gym leader glitch(?) appears on my rom... which sucks because that means I can't proceed onwards... :( Oh well, I'll just wait for the next beta to be released and probably start over...

Nice updates btw DJG!

bluedeedrocks

Professional Coolguy
Years
I decided to play the Bad mode of the game, and I just finished the event in Lost Shadow with Giratina and I earned my symbol from Lustersand Town. The stone says to go to Rintah town and talk to the shaman, but when I get there, the event with the airship occurs. Is this supposed to happen? it seems a little weird since I'm working with the ranger who wanted to arrest me.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I am the point of beating the mother virus and the stone tells me to talk to Kronz but he is just saying "are you here to visit this peaceful town". How do I advance the story here? I have 6 badges and I am playing on vizzed. Btw i'll switch to vba if someone can tell me why I cant load it after patching it to a ruby rom.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I saved three different states for the three different paths...but I'm stuck on all three!

The good and bad stories both involve going to Mount Krystal. I'm having a hard time there since I don't have Flash. I've navigated quite deep in but now I can't find the next staircase/cave/however I advance forward. Are there different routes inside or a dead end I might've taken?

I can't find the town I'm supposed to at the start of the normal path. The route below Rainbow City is unfinished and hard to navigate through so I'll try east of Rintah again.

Found the town and proceeding with the boring normal mode smoothly. Still stuck in Mount Krystal on the other two stories though, where the deep awesome story awaits...

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I saved three different states for the three different paths...but I'm stuck on all three!

The good and bad stories both involve going to Mount Krystal. I'm having a hard time there since I don't have Flash. I've navigated quite deep in but now I can't find the next staircase/cave/however I advance forward. Are there different routes inside or a dead end I might've taken?

I can't find the town I'm supposed to at the start of the normal path. The route below Rainbow City is unfinished and hard to navigate through so I'll try east of Rintah again.

Found the town and proceeding with the boring normal mode smoothly. Still stuck in Mount Krystal on the other two stories though, where the deep awesome story awaits...

on Bad Side, you can get Flash outside Mount Krystal. Talk to the Team Earth grunts blocking the path there.
on Good side, you can get Flash inside a cave right above the house in Low Point Path.

I am the point of beating the mother virus and the stone tells me to talk to Kronz but he is just saying "are you here to visit this peaceful town". How do I advance the story here? I have 6 badges and I am playing on vizzed. Btw i'll switch to vba if someone can tell me why I cant load it after patching it to a ruby rom.

er... i'll check on that one.
in the mean time, try going inside the EM building and talk to the pipz there.

I decided to play the Bad mode of the game, and I just finished the event in Lost Shadow with Giratina and I earned my symbol from Lustersand Town. The stone says to go to Rintah town and talk to the shaman, but when I get there, the event with the airship occurs. Is this supposed to happen? it seems a little weird since I'm working with the ranger who wanted to arrest me.

wow...
I guess I need to check that...

Still that missing gym leader glitch(?) appears on my rom... which sucks because that means I can't proceed onwards... :( Oh well, I'll just wait for the next beta to be released and probably start over...

Nice updates btw DJG!

missing gym leader glitch?
may I ask to explain further? =/

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Thanks DJG! ^_^

Wow, i actually caught Suvir! (or however you spell it) I didn't think that was possible! Too bad I didn't try to catch any Suvir-Bots. Are they catchable as well?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You need to beat Guardia Town's EM.

Wow, i actually caught Suvir! (or however you spell it) I didn't think that was possible! Too bad I didn't try to catch any Suvir-Bots. Are they catchable as well?
You are NOT supposed to catch that Pokemon xD xD xD
And yes, boss is catchable as well, I think it has better catch rate but it's pretty high leveled, that's why it's so hard.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016

And yes, boss is catchable as well, I think it has better catch rate but it's pretty high leveled, that's why it's so hard.

Wow I had no idea there was an EM in Gaurdia town thanking you very much for your insightful input

Wow I had no idea there was an EM in Gaurdia town thank you very much for your input.

Wow I had no idea there was an EM in Gaurdia town but where he/she is it dianne's house? because that lady isnt saying anything just .........

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years

...I caught the uncatchable? AWESOME! You sure it's not supposed to be caught? It has the correct Pokedex description, icon, backsprite, etc. We are talking about the mother virus right? Also, by suvir bots I mean the little viruses, I don't know which boss you're refering to. But I aim to catch any unusual Pokemon that I'm not supposed to! XD

Oh also, bug report! The Mineral Cave with Dohydra, Mark is still there no matter which story. But he's invisible in the normal and good stories. He still says the same thing and leaves. I don't know if this affects anything so I didn't save. Dohydra still kicks you out on the normal and good stories regardless whether you talk to invisible Mark or not.

Just to be sure, Dohydra is the Pokemon Mark wants you to catch in the bad story right? I just got to that part. Oh well, I'll catch it anyway.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm at the point where I have to re-obtain the badges. I've defeated Janice and went to battle the others... but they're not at their gyms (I went to Vincent and Andrew's gyms... their trainers were there, but the leaders weren't)

I see.
Thanks for this input. I will try and fix this, and upload a new beta soon though...

Thanks DJG! ^_^

Suvir can be caught, while the Suvir-bots can't.

Yes, you can catch Suvir, depending if you are doing the Good Side.
Here's a list of special catchable PKMN in each mode...

Good Side = Suvir
Bad Side = Dohydra
Normal Side = Sprizzle

Wow I had no idea there was an EM in Gaurdia town but where he/she is it dianne's house? because that lady isnt saying anything just .........

a little bit south from your house and there is a new gym there.

Oh also, bug report! The Mineral Cave with Dohydra, Mark is still there no matter which story. But he's invisible in the normal and good stories. He still says the same thing and leaves. I don't know if this affects anything so I didn't save. Dohydra still kicks you out on the normal and good stories regardless whether you talk to invisible Mark or not.

Just to be sure, Dohydra is the Pokemon Mark wants you to catch in the bad story right? I just got to that part. Oh well, I'll catch it anyway.

I need to check this then.
Dohydra can only be caught in Bad Side of the story.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
She's in the elemental building xD

...I caught the uncatchable? AWESOME! You sure it's not supposed to be caught? It has the correct Pokedex description, icon, backsprite, etc. We are talking about the mother virus right? Also, by suvir bots I mean the little viruses, I don't know which boss you're refering to. But I aim to catch any unusual Pokemon that I'm not supposed to! XD.
I was talking about sur-bots (they are not supposed to be caught :D it's their pokedex description xD) and by boss I meant Suvir (mother virus) of course :D

Suvir can be caught, while the Suvir-bots can't.
They can be caught by using Master Ball :D

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
Great work, destinedjagold! I really like this hack! :)
I'm looking forward to the updates.

Anyways, I have a question. When you go outside the Lost Shadow and go straight up, there's a weird green gem-like-thing on the ground which does nothing. Is it supposed to do something if you play the normal/bad mode of the game? Thanks for replies.

EDIT: By the way my game just got glitched. I'm at the point when you're supposed to go to the league after talking to the shaman in Rintah town, so I went to the league building but all that happened were glitched character sprites blinking on the left corner of the map, disappearing after a while. I tried restarting my save from Rintah town doing the journey to the league several times, but it's always the same. Any ideas?

EDIT#2: Also, it's possible for me to just bypass the trainer who's guarding the path to the victory road (I guess) by just going one step to the left of him and then I can just pass through the door. :D
There's something wrong with the save file I guess.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Hmm, so the unobtainable wild Pokemon are the Suvir-Bots, Giratina, and Zah.
But since they are wild, I just need a Master Ball. ;) Is it in the game?

Also, I beat the game and I have to say, it was SO deep it made me cry! Damn DJG you should be really proud of that amazing story! If you don't mind, I'd like to give my opinion of the ending:

Spoiler:

Oh yeah, I caught Sprizzle in the normal story. I hope the backsprite and icon are completed soon, that thing is adorable! Though in my opinion, it's gray fluff makes it look a bit like Eevee, so if the fluff was altered a bit, it wouldn't remind people (or just me) of Eevee. Though it's already cute as it is!

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
I was wondering if anyone has been able to get this hack to work using an android phone

Years
Hey guys, how do you get fire stone?? We can't get occultales without a ninetales right??
And by the way, i hope minkak and touclipse gets evos.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
I don't know what to do...

I tried playing this again today, loaded an old save from the Lost Shadow after the Giratina time event (I remember a glitch happening to me there too, which was that I could contol a no-player-character, when I went out from the house, the event was normally continuing, and then I could control my char again and after appearing back in the Lost Shadow I saved.). There's still no one in the league after talking to the shaman. I guess I'll have to start the whole game over again. Anyways, any help will be much appreciated.

bluedeedrocks

Professional Coolguy
Years
Yeah, the Bad side could still be completed normally after completing the airship even though. Great job on the game though! I still think that Rescue Rangers was my favorite though, it was so story driven and fantastic, the most unique in the series, but I'm looking forward to more Tower of Fate in LoG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back