• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'll be keeping an eye out for it! :) Make sure you know all the rules before posting. OMG. I can't tell you how many challenges that wait on approval that have such bad formatting...it's like...ugh. :( Words can't describe.

In other news, I'm two games away from finishing PUAP (just got White and Sienna left) and I hate Wayward Cave. :(

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I'm sorry Syd D:

I like that new Username thing I would have

Chikorita
Hitodeman (Staryu's Jap. Name, no rule against that ;D)
Ashamo (Torchic's Jap. Name, no rule against that ;D)
Onigori (Glalie's Jap Name, no rule against that ;D)
Sirknight (Gardevoir Jap name, no rule against that ;D)
1HMSLAVE ( as in One HM SLave ;D)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
EVEN BETTER. If you have a number, you have to use that Pokemon. But that limits it to just 1-9, the Kanto starters. Unless it's like...here's an example.

Jarlorda
Oshawott
Smeargle
Heracross
2 Pikachu

Because the last numbers in the name are 25, you could use Pikachu, instead of Ivysaur for 2 and Charmeleon for 5. idk. olol You just have to consider the ones with numbers in the names. So what about symbols and underscores? Or you could use a Pokemon that starts with the letter of that number. That seems like a good one, too.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
These ideas are all pretty cool! Maybe for symbols, you use an Unown? I'm not sure. Maybe underscore = Unown U, period = Unown P, etc?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
For symbols, I was thinking you could use a Pokemon of that shape, if there is a Pokemon of that shape. If someone has a star, use Starmie, heart is Luvdisc, ! is Unown ! (same with ? Unown), music note is...Chatot? :D Oh, and another thing, what about Japanese usernames? :( That's another thing that's a problem.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Not a problem. If it's Katakana it's the same basic thing. If someone has a username called ウラタビカプ (Uratabikapu) they have to use this sceme.

ウ= ウインディ Uindie/Arcanine
ラ= ラティオス Rateiosu/Latios
タ= タマンタ Tamanta/Mantyke
ビ= ビクティニ Bikutini/Victini
カ= カメール Kameiru/Wartortle
プ=プリン Purin/Jigglypuff

That means you MUST use Japanese names.

Hirigana you can do the same thing.

た = タ (Replace the Hirigana letter with the Katakana)

And for Kanji say you have

鶏 = Fighting Chicken (Torchic Line?)
恨 = Grudge (Any Poke who learns it)
丸 = Round (Round Pokemon)

And so one

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I love the idea of the Username Challenge. If I did do it, I would be using it for R/S/E. Let's see if I can come up with something.
A = Azumarill
L = Ludicolo
T = Tentacruel
E = Exploud
R = Relicanth
N = Ninetales

Years
I've been looking for a reason to restart heartgold, perhaps my team could be...
K=Kingler (Great HM slave ;D)
A=Ampharos
R=Rhyperior
P=Poliwrath
M=Meganium
A=Arcanine

I am quite content.

Enigma

Years
I love all of the ideas, guys! Looks like this will work, and it's going to be a blast for many. I'm at Mauville on my Beginning Letter Challenge, so I should be done by next week. I'll have the thread up then for all to join and enjoy.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Meh lets try my name again, but this time no Japanese Names (Awww D:) Leaf Green since it's all good ;D

C = Cleafable (A good wall, and other than the Nido's it's the Swiss Army knife of Pokemon)
H = Hitmonlee (Brute Force = Bruce Lee)
A = Aerodactyl (Oh hai, I'm a Flying Pokemon, has acess to Rock Slide and I'm fast :3)
O = Omastar (My favorite Water Pokemon in Gen I, Surfer obviously)
S = Sandlash (Another Wall, but still packs a punch)
1 = Bulbasaur (I mean who DIDN'T see this coming <3 To bad no evolution)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Okay guys, we can stop posting our names now that we've worked out how the challenge will go. It's just spammy now.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
HEY GUYS I'M BACK!!! I don't know if I posted here yet or not, but yeah. I was super busy with school and now I am super busy with updating the challenges. SO HAI!!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh dear me, I missed the warden. Now this place can really spruce up. Oh man you're still using that banned redsaber made? Isn't it like...tainted?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Oh dear me, I missed the warden. Now this place can really spruce up. Oh man you're still using that banned redsaber made? Isn't it like...tainted?

Well, I haven't really been doing Challenges much. And I haven't been updating my sig much. But yes, as of now I am using that. I think I'm just going to edit it down to Monotypes. Maybe when I finish all of those I might do just Colors, and then after that I might do everything else.

Anyways, I was skimming through this thread and saw someone's idea to make up your own class of trainer, as well as their training style and pretend like you're them. I LIKE THIS. Someone should do that.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Myrrh's Warden? I want a name D:

I did that "Trainer Class" challenge before, if I recall correctly I did it on Plat. and I had PorygonZ, Alakazam, Magnezone, Weezing, and Muk. Good times, good times.

EDIT I was a Scientist (spelling?)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Hmm. Both the Trainer's Class and Username challenges are both very doable - you would need a bit more interpretation for the trainers class though. I really like the Username one. It would really spawn some unusual AND different teams, as well as open up the possibility of an Ultimate run. It also adds a touch of personality, and almost nobody would be using the same team, which can happen on ones like the monotype runs and anime challenges.

I will definitely participate in the username one.

Years
Firstly, let's all give a warm welcome to our warden, Myrrhman. I'm sure we've all really missed the guy.
Anyhow, I'd only undertake the trainer class challenge if I were a hiker or a bugcatcher, being an Ace Trainer or Pokemon Breeder really takes the "challenge" part out of it, imo.

Enigma

Years
I think I may have thought of another challenge. What about a base stat total challenge? Like only being able to use pokemon under a certain base stat total. (I haven't been able to decide on a fair limit on it, if anyone would like to comment on that. :3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back