• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
TLW....morning dawn.
They are good games also...
But this game is ridiculous i have never seen such amazing sprites.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Lets not get off topic with game naming. Great job though, Fangking omega, and nice new lay out for the website.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Again, anyone keeping up with the website will see that we've had more new official artwork for the Pokémon, completed by Comfy Cushion :)

Thank you to Comfy Cushion, Hallm3, and Plateman for their invaluable input, and to all the designers on Pokémon Acanthite who worked towards the final products of any design.

Frondilo
494.png

Kindlejou
497.png

Reptide
500.png

Iguaqua
Jerbound
Vanitail
Cuscurl
Grubble
Maskit
Sympholy
Picowatt
Liqua
Stermit
Moomoo
Canibree
Gigimplode
Nettrap
Sandive
Toxiqwil
Crevodile
Cygsens
Peaswan
Carnivy

Diavil
649.png

Now then... I've been experimenting with the look of the game and Acanthite has made the leap to Kyledove's DP styled tiles. I figure that it's worth trying to keep Acanthite up to date and moving it forward, and the look also suits the darker, more serious nature of the game as opposed to the cartoony and now dated feel of FRLG tiles.

With supplement from Kyledove and Speed as well as some of my own tiles and a Kamon sprite I put together, this is the result of the experiment.

Newbloom Bay
2yugf3p.jpg

Elderwood Town
2eebu9s.jpg

23mtsb9.png

fc4iv6.png

11ca4hd.png

Feedback on this look would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Years
I like the new updates, but what I dont understand is, why are you making fakemon with paint shop pro or whatever you use.
Dont you need to sprite them ?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
We're spriting them, sure. It just helps to have concept art. We're doing the whole generation as "officially" as we can

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
Years
I'm glad you've decided to move away from the FR/LG tiles. Don't get me wrong, they're good; but like you said, they are pretty dated now. I'm loving the new look, it is indeed very pleasing on the eye.

Liqua and Carnivy are definately my favourite Acanthite Pokémon. Keep it the good work!

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
I like the new tile sets, maps, new pokemn, and character sprites! Thgough, i liked hallm's kindlejow better. It seemed more satifying and cute. I never liked puppy eyes (they don't seem pokemon-like), to me it looks better with lighter colors, the line that seperates the peach and pink it kind of weird, the nose looked better small, and it was enjoyable looking at kindlejow looking at its tail (that was kind of cute). This is just my opinion. I hope I don't sound negative.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Those are very nice. :)
Though the second map has some gaps. :\
Besides that, good luck~

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
i like them, my only complaint is that the character sprite doesn't really fit. its like he's stickered on

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Hey Charlie.. Great Pokemon, I really like the Diavil..

Newbloom bay looks really nice, however Elderwood needs some Vegetation, the houses are very well placed, and the layout is good, but the emptiness makes it not so good.

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
Years
i love how this game looks so much the fakemon look spectacular if i didnt know better id think they were official good luck and dont give up!!!

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I've always found kyledove's tiles to be really beautiful, but he makes the colors far too drab. I agree that Pokemon graphics are normally a bit too bright, but kyledove's are quite a bit too dark.

I'm still sorta never expecting a second demo. XD I guess I'm pessimistic?

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 8, 2009
I'm looking forward too. I'm sure to pick up Kindlejou as my starter, since it's so cute and matches with Kamon.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
We don't talk about the first demo. It was dreadful; glitchy, rushed, and a prime example of why a demo should not be released for the sake of it. For your own sake, don't seek it out and let it spoil your potential opinion of the game.

Regarding how dark Kyle's tiles are, or desaturated as a technical term, I'd say that is more than acceptable for Acanthite whose game direction can only be described as "many shades of grey".

And speaking of Kyledove, check this out:

Route 47
muz6nm.jpg

With all new trees and tall grass provided by Kyledove to give the game a unique look.

Here is a preview of Limeburg Forest's entrance
25q63hk.jpg

As you can see, new tiles for the bigger "forest" trees, inspired somewhat by Viridian Forest. These tiles were made bigger to get the overlap like DP style trees. It's a much cooler use of space.

Enjoy!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
No comments on it yet? @-@ strange.

I'm definitely liking the new trees more than the previous ones, and anything to set you apart from the others is a bonus. Only thing I can really say I don't like much are the yellow dirt paths; I think that it seems a bit overly pixelated. My opinion, anyway.

Love the maps aswell. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back