• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Did you do the Sevii Islands side quest?

Did u?

• Yes

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • N0

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When I'd first visited Sevii Islands, I only thought that there were only three of them--One, Two, and Three--and didn't know about the rest. Back then, I wasn't much of an Internet user, so to speak, so I wasn't able to figure out all the rest of islands. One day, I managed to hit certain number (which I can't exactly remember) in my PokéDex, visited Professor Oak, and he eventually told me about these places. Was very excited to visit them, because why wouldn't I be? To me, they were completely new and whatnot.

When I've finally got there, I've spend some decent amount of time exploring them, and did almost all quests that they held. Most fun, to me, was the Team Rocket one, where you got to unlock their secret hideout with some password and defeat their executive (or was it somebody else?).

There might've been a few other missions, but I'm not really sure if I had managed to complete those, unfortunately.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
My first playthrough of Leaf Green I totally didn't even know about the islands and played the game through for no other reason than to complete the E4 and be done with it. It wasn't until i got bored and started a completionist playthrough that i would find out about the islands. I found them to be much more annoying than fun but a few of them were nice because they supplied extra content and stuff. I didn't complete the pokedex because i eventually got burned out trying to get all of the extra pokemon but i did catch a lot of them.

Years
I loved it. It had entirely different vibe from the rest of the Kanto. It was like a dash of Hoenn spirit haha. But yeah, I loved it, really interesting. I feel like it was based on exploring, rather than the story. Loved it :D

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I think I've only ever fully completed that sidequest once or twice. I'm currently working on a LeafGreen game where I want to complete the game, PokéDex and everything, so I intend to replay the Sevii Islands storyline once I get around to that, I remember enjoying it 8)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't really know how I ended up voting for No, but I do remember completing the sidequest once. I don't think I fully explored the islands or caught every Pokemon, I only did what was necessary in order to "complete" the quest and unlock trading with Hoenn, even though I never traded between my RSE and LeafGreen versions, haha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2014
I did go to the islands,but only to get moltres,deoxys,lugia,and ho-oh.So yeah

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I went so I could solve the cut puzzle and explore and catch some new pokemon and then I got tired and stopped playing cause the challenge was over.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Seem's everyone who's posted in this tread has done the sidequest at least once lol. I've also done the sidequest a few times, it's nice to get out of Kanto for awhile and explore things, and I as well liked the Team Rocket part. Definitely worth destroying them one last time in the game.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
Don't laugh with me but... I have never completed FR/LG. I have played them very few so I never went to the Sevii Islands.

Aoba

yelp
Years
  • Age 30
  • /vp/
  • Seen Jun 30, 2015
I didn't go to the Sevii Islands at all during my first playtrough of LG but when I started using more Internet and actually learned to read English (as it's not my native language), I figured out that I needed to go there to do stuff. I think it was a fun side quest and I loved that I could connect the game with Pokemon Colosseum after beating the Sevii Islands (if you can call it "beating them").

And of course I could go get Mewtwo after the Islands were done, so it was nice overall experience. :> I never really got why so many people hated the Sevii Islands or thought they were pointless !

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I did to back one day though and i like the cave mystery with the girl and also the team rocket base was fun getting the ruby and all those were pretty fun but got bored after as i said i think the trainers should have been tougher in my opinion

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
Years
I manged to get through the sevii islands in my second playthrough of fire red since in the first one i couldn't figure out the other pw for the rocket hideout. i didn't have a chance to play any of the events(lugia, ho-oh, and deoxys) though since when i got fire red it was like too late for the events.

Years
I did the sidequests. I thought it was a neat addition to the postgame in FireRed and LeafGreen, although it disappointed me that once you got access to the Sevii Islands, you could no longer board the S.S. Anne haha

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Yes, I totally did. I thought they were really fun and probably my favorite post-game quest of any pokemon game I've played. (besides GSC/HGSS, but that's like an entire game storyline, almost.) I played LeafGreen to completion; I caught all the pokemon that are available without cheats/events, plus linking to FR and Emerald to get other Johto pokemon that were exclusive. I love the Sevii Islands. It was all so completely new.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 13, 2016
When I got to Sevii islands for the first time (meaning, the first time I played Leafgreen) my cousin told me that there were islands 4-5-6-7. I didn't believe him and said he got it in an event.
Anyhow, I actually hoped to get my Pokemon to higher levels on Sevii islands. After I beat the Elite four, I trained my Dodrio to level 100 by battling the same 5 trainers on Island 1. I suggest doing this, it raises a flying Pokemon's level fast and make sure it wins in one or two hits. (Just before you surf from the second island on Island 1, on the way to Mt. Amber, there will be a cave with hot springs in it and outside in the area will be 5 fighting trainers).

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Indeed I did. It was a nice addition to the game! I just didn't like the E reader much. xD

I completed the entire Sidequests for all the islands. Kind of wished there was a tiny bit more to do though.

Demynnfire

~ the loveliest ~
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 4, 2020
Last time I completed Fire Red, I did the first three islands for the story, but not the rest... The other three didn't seem'd too interesting after this long time.

Back