• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Reposting; as my efforts at researching this for myself have so far been fruitless efforts in frustration ^^'

Quick question hopefully someone can answer :)

In my hack, routes have been replaced by a dungeon system like PMD's (except there's no randomness involved). The problem with this is that Pokemon Ruby has a limited number of flight positions, which means that as of now, my hack is forced into being supremely unforgiving of players dying in dungeons - they're forced back into town and have to start the dungeon all over again. I know you can add more flight positions into the game and then repoint the flight table; but I don't know where to find said flight table in Ruby. ^^' Does anyone know at what offset it starts and ends?

Thanks so much in advance :)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I'm using Yape and hacking Emerald

I'm planning on adding pokemon using the ??? slots but there isn't an option to change the POKEMON Pic or editing the pokedex entry.

Can you help solve my problem

As far as I know, there is no way of adding Pokedex information for the ? Pokemon. However, it is theoretically possible to add Pokemon Pictures, cries, learn sets, etc. for them. However, it would be a rather complicated process, involving the use of the following programs, in addition to the spriting: PokeCry; UnLZ; YAPE; A hex editor

If you think you can handle it, PM me for more details. Note that I myself have never tried this, though I have edited the normal Pokemon.

A question on my part: Would there be any way to make it so that in my Ruby hack, instead of Karrablast evolving into Escavalier when traded for a shelmet, you get Escavalier by breeding Karrablast and Shelmet. I know how to make it so you would get Escavalier by breeding Karrablast, but I want to make it so if you breed it with anything but a Shelmet, you get a Karrablast.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I'm using Yape and hacking Emerald

I'm planning on adding pokemon using the ??? slots but there isn't an option to change the POKEMON Pic or editing the pokedex entry.

Can you help solve my problem
Sadly, you can't eidt their Pokedex entries as they don't appear in the Pokedex at all. You can edit their pictures by using Wichu's Advanced Tools, which can be found in the toolox.
im sorry but does anyone know? where the hp bar tileset for in-battle is?
It would really help if you told us what ROM you were hacking. I'm not too sure where it is in R/S/E but in a clean Fire Red rom the battle boxes are found around 576 - 581. This includes your HP bar, the opponenets Hp bar and the Hp bars for double battles.
How do I go about using trainer sprites from 4th and 5th gen in my leafgreen hack without them looking really large when I'm in a battle?
Resize them. A good way to make them look properly scaled is by changing all of the trainer sprites that way they all look about the same size by comparison.
What's the flag of unlocking the National Dex in Emerald?~
use Special 0x1F3. Remember to use it in conjunction with Setflag 0x861 if you wan the player to start with the National Dex.

Selerbi

Time Traveler
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 3, 2015
I am making a new ruby based hack, and I began editing sprites maps ETC...
the point is that when I tried to run it, the screen was white and i couldnt try it! how can i fix it??

*Its on flash 64k save type, please help!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
the point is that when I tried to run it, the screen was white and i couldnt try it! how can i fix it??

Restore from your backup and try applying the changes again. If you didn't create a backup, you have to start over from scratch. Then, create backups periodically in case that happens again.

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2012
I've found a move editor for diamond and pearl, in which i've edited the HM moves to my liking, however, using nitro explorer to extract the .narc, i've now been unable to find the matching .narc in my HG.nds (i extracted wotbl.narc, which if i read correctly contains move data)

Anyone know which narc i need to replace with my extracted and edited .narc from pokemon diamond? Because the set-up of the .narcs in HG is massively different from those in D/P/P

EDIT:

Ok i found the solution for editing moves in HG/SS, it's the wotbl.narc (at what level do pokemon learn moves) and the waza_tbl.narc (the move data), in the HG/SS structure the waza_tbl is in a/0/1/1 and the wobtl is in a/0/3/3

Special thanks for Alpha, his older posts helped me find it :D

2nd EDIT:

Alright, despite finding all the correct .narc entries, the game now crashes whenever i enter battle....
This leads me to believe that i still don't know enough as to what i am doing when it comes to replacing .narc files, anyone willing to help me out here or point me towards a move editor that works on HG/SS so i don't have to fuss with the .narc files?

Reposting with some new info:

I am currently trying to enter my edited pokemon diamond move data .narc file into my HG game, they are the same size before extracting, however, after reinsertion they are suddenly 4 times their original size, which i believe is causing my game to crash...

Any advice on how to prevent this?

EDIT: solved the problem, no more help needed

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023

Can you detail what you did before you started getting the white screen error?

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Hey, I have a question about programming.

I am working in a tool and I need to find free space in the rom. I am using my own method, but it isn't very good.

Someone can give me a answer about this?

PS: I use visual basic 2008.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023

Hey, I have a question about programming.

I am working in a tool and I need to find free space in the rom. I am using my own method, but it isn't very good.

Someone can give me a answer about this?

PS: I use visual basic 2008.
I'm not sure what your question is but if you're looking for free space in a rom, it should be characterized by FF bytes in a HEX Editor.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I'm looking for a supporter to help me make the intro movie (the one where the hero is riding the bike and Latios flies in). I want to make it so instead of grass, it's a shoreline on a beach with the water visible. Also, it's either Reshiram or Zekrom (instead of male or female hero) flying along the beach, then Keldeo comes in and is gliding across the water. I have issues creating the flying Reshiram and Zekrom sprites, and the side-view Keldeo sprite. If someone could help me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Years
HM08 Dive use in FireRed

Hi there, sorry to bug you with a question from my very beginning on this forum.

I've been spending a long time searching for a way to enable natively HM08 (Dive) outside battles in Pokémon FireRed, with no success. I've seen that a couple of hacks implement this feature even if they're not based on Ruby, so I was wondering in which way I could possibly enable Diving on RF without relying on ASM hacking, only by using XSE scripting. I've never touched the former, while I've already been scripting something with the latter.

I know that might be practically impossible, so in case there's no solution avoiding the use of ASM, can anyone suggest me what to search for hacking that by myself (or maybe tell me how to copy-paste the code from another hack, I'll credit the original author properly)?

Sorry for my (at least i think) bad English :\

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
hi im having a huge problem with gym leaders, i have just finished inserting a custom battle background for gyms, however every time i fight the leader they use the background a normal trainer uses when you fight them on a grassy route:

Example:

fighting a trainer in the gym:
View attachment 60331

fighting the leader:
View attachment 60332

see what i mean?

Is there a hex address to change what backgrounds gym leaders use?

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
I'm not sure what your question is but if you're looking for free space in a rom, it should be characterized by FF bytes in a HEX Editor.

No xDD.

I am working in a tool with vb2008 and I want the tool finds the free space. In fact, I can do it, but my method y too slow...

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
I've looked nearly everywhere, but can't find it. How do I edit a trainer's battle sprite in HG/SS? As well as removing the feature that has the Pokemon follow you? I cannot find how to do this.

Years
I'm having this problem where the sprite won't show up when the player steps on a tile with the script. Now at first I thought it was the script, but after testing a different WORKING script on the same tile, the same thing happened. The sprite was invisible. Is there a way to fix this?

Selerbi

Time Traveler
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 3, 2015
Another problem, I scripted and everything, when I tried to exit the house, the game suddenly froze, and when I checked the advance map program, it said that the town doesnt exist... when I try to edit Pallet town 3.0 2 errors poping! what can I do??

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
EDIT: Found a Genesect overworld sprite.

I also need assistance with editing the intro movie where the hero is riding the bike and then Latios flies in. If you are able to support in any of these categories, please PM me.

Last edited:

MayanMan2012

Pokemon Dawn/Dusk: Coming Soon
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2014
Okay, I have a question that I am pretty sure I know the answer to, but I just want to be on the safe side.

If a script is controlling the player while he's walking through pokemon-infested grass, is there any chance a wild pokemon can pop out and interrupt the script?

Also, does anyone know how to edit the description of an item? Or is there a certain item-editing tool that does this?

~Mayan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back