• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacking the Diploma Screen [FR]

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 19, 2021
I don't know if it's just me, but could you possibly upload the firered tbl again? Sendspace said Sorry, the file you requested is not available.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2023
Is there a way to use a 256 color palette on the expanded diploma screens?
(I know that there is this : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=299559 ) but since he never released the source code, I think it can't be used now?
Also (While tryingb to insert the 255 diploma hack), How can I got to Offsets like 0x080F4FC8? The Hexeditor says: Cannot find position!
If I only use 0x080F4FC , the other hex string I have to insert at 0x080F4FE(E) will overwrite parts of the previous!
Edit: I now inserted them at 0x08F4FC and so on but if I now start the script, the screen goes black and the sound gets strange...Then nothing but this happens!

Last edited:

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
Well it took me about 2 hours or so doing this and trying to perfect it.

So here it is! The thingy in the spoiler are routines that allow you to have up to 255 diplomas. That's enough maybe even too much in a hack!
Instructions are included in the spoiler.
Spoiler:

any backup of file uploaded by Haru?

Years
Thank you very much for this tutorial! This is very important for my hack.

I just have a question: Is it possible to write a text that is longer or will I need more diplomas then? F.ex. Your text fits in the screen, but I have way more text. When this happens with text in message boxes, you have to use paragraphs/enters and an arrow appears and the messagebox is filled with another 2 lines of text. Will this also happen with the diploma screen?

Do I need the table-file or can I use the values you used? I'm using the 807 Patch-file from Leon as a base. If not, can you please send me the file, as the download link is broken.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Back