• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I'm thinking of adding an "Extreme Mode" to my Painfully Slow Challenge. For Extreme Mode, the maximum base speed would be cut from 40 to 25, drastically lowering your options. If I do this, would anyone be interested in taking part?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I'm thinking of adding an "Extreme Mode" to my Painfully Slow Challenge. For Extreme Mode, the maximum base speed would be cut from 40 to 25, drastically lowering your options. If I do this, would anyone be interested in taking part?
Now? Probably not, I'm adjusting to this school year.
Sometime? Yes, I'd do it just to do it.

Shea Man

Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy
Years
I has idea for teh Challenge, but I not is to able do.

Challenge: Beat a game with only Snorlax; any amount of Snorlax is fine

Restrictions: SNORLAX ONLY, and (I think) Snorlax can learn all HMs. If there is any HM Snorlax cannot use, you may have ONE HM SLAVE. I think Snorlax can't use Flash, Dive, and Waterfall, so get a Lanturne or Chinchou.

To derr poster:
Credit me, and remember to put in the OP, "Always Remember to Pack a Snorlax". I would love to have a userbar for this, as it would be funny!

Purpose: 4 teh lulz. Alternatively, Snorlax are lazy, seemingly worthless gluttons. However, when they go into battle, they're like Slaking without Truant! They're extremely useful, and besides, who hasn't wanted to ride the Sea on Snorlax's stomach? Always remember to pack a Snorlax.

Years
I has idea for teh Challenge, but I not is to able do.

Challenge: Beat a game with only Snorlax; any amount of Snorlax is fine

Restrictions: SNORLAX ONLY, and (I think) Snorlax can learn all HMs. If there is any HM Snorlax cannot use, you may have ONE HM SLAVE. I think Snorlax can't use Flash, Dive, and Waterfall, so get a Lanturne or Chinchou.

To derr poster:
Credit me, and remember to put in the OP, "Always Remember to Pack a Snorlax". I would love to have a userbar for this, as it would be funny!

Purpose: 4 teh lulz. Alternatively, Snorlax are lazy, seemingly worthless gluttons. However, when they go into battle, they're like Slaking without Truant! They're extremely useful, and besides, who hasn't wanted to ride the Sea on Snorlax's stomach? Always remember to pack a Snorlax.

That'd basically be a solo challenge with exception of no species clause

It's probably been done loads of time cause there are crazy people on here who try and solo with every single Pokemon.

What could be interesting is if it was a Snorlax themed team like maybe you are required to have a Snorlax, all other Pokemon on your team must be something similar to the weight of a Snorlax, it can't over a certain amount of pounds or under. Maybe allow Jigglypuff that has sing or Hypnosis

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I've got some idea's.

First Encounter
Basicly, your only allowed to capture one pokemon per route for your team. You can interchange you team, but only with a first catch from another route. Grass/Surfing/Fishing are seperate encounters. If you encounter the same pokemon on two diffrent routes, you'll be having two of the same. HM slaves allowed, but only if you don't have a pokemon that can learn that HM.

Caged in Darkness
Basicly, you can only use pokemon that you catch in caves. HM slaves allowed

Don't forget
Your not allowed to forget moves. Basicly, your first 4 will be what you have to use. HM slaves are allowed of course.

Sentimental
You can't forget the first same type move that your pokemon learns. Say you have a fire pokemon. It learns Ember. It can't forget it. For normal pokemon, it will be the first move in their list. If your pokemon already knows a same type move, then it can't forget that one. If it knows more then one then you must keep whichever one it learns at a lower level (This means checking Serbrii) For dual typed pokemon, same type will be considered their first listed type.

Clipped Wings
Basicly, you can't use flying type pokemon or flying type moves, including HM Fly.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I've got some idea's.

First Encounter
Basicly, your only allowed to capture one pokemon per route for your team. You can interchange you team, but only with a first catch from another route. Grass/Surfing/Fishing are seperate encounters. If you encounter the same pokemon on two diffrent routes, you'll be having two of the same. HM slaves allowed, but only if you don't have a pokemon that can learn that HM.
See the Nuzlocke Challenge.

Caged in Darkness
Basicly, you can only use pokemon that you catch in caves. HM slaves allowed.
this is an Area Challenge, it's been done before, feel free to revive it with all areas considered (grass, water, etc.)

Don't forget
Your not allowed to forget moves. Basicly, your first 4 will be what you have to use. HM slaves are allowed of course.

Sentimental
You can't forget the first same type move that your pokemon learns. Say you have a fire pokemon. It learns Ember. It can't forget it. For normal pokemon, it will be the first move in their list. If your pokemon already knows a same type move, then it can't forget that one. If it knows more then one then you must keep whichever one it learns at a lower level (This means checking Serbrii) For dual typed pokemon, same type will be considered their first listed type.
These are both okay ideas for a challenge. I think they have been done before, try searching the threads that go back more than a month.

Clipped Wings
Basicly, you can't use flying type pokemon or flying type moves, including HM Fly.
This isn't restricting enough by itself for a real challenge.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
First catch is completely unrelated to Nuzlocke because
A) if it faints, its still alive
and
B) You can catch more then one pokemon on a certian route. (Say a route has water on it. You catch a pokemon in the grass. You surf on the water and catch one. You fish and catch one) unlike nuzlocks where the entire route is counted as a area which im assuming means your only allowed to catch one pokemon with the method of your choice. (Grass, or surfing or fishing)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Gah, I'm trying to come up with an idea for a challenge, but I can't. The few ideas I could come up with were already mentioned here... on the previous page, so I don't believe that I should even try them. Anybody have any ideas that I could use...?
If I'm right, there can only be one of each challenge going at once, right? What I mean by that is, if there's (for example) an Unevolved Challenge already going, I can't make one of my own? Even if there were differing rules or options or something?

EDIT: Well, I came up with SOMETHING, and I have no idea if it's been done before.
There's two, but they're basically one challenge.

In the first, you use Pokemon used by the evil team in the game that you're playing. When you have no gym badges, you use the Pokemon of the lowliest grunts there are. Once you have two badges, you may use Pokemon used by the stronger grunts. With four badges, the Pokemon of the Admins, and with 6, the Pokemon of the Team's Leader.

For example, if you're playing BW:
0 Badges - Grunt: Patrat/Purrloin/Sandile/Scraggy/Trubbish
2 Badges High Grunt: Watchog/Liepard/Krokorok/Krookodile/Scrafty/Garbador
4 Badges - Admin(Ghetsis): Cofagrigus/Boufallant/Seismitoad/Bisharp/Eelectross/Hydreigon
6 Badges - Leader(N): Pidove/ Timburr/ Tympole/ Darumaka/ Sigilyph/ Boldore/ Ferroseed/ Joltik/ Klink/ Carracosta/ Archeops/ Vanilluxe/ Zoroark

You will be able to use any and all Pokemon from past ranks, and anything in their evolutionary lines. If you want even more of a challenge, you could stick to using the first rank Pokemon and not their evolutions.

You may also do this by using the Pokemon of a single gym leader in your region. If you're playing GSC/HGSS, you may not use the Pokemon of a Kanto gym leader... unless you're doing a super easy mode.

There will be a little bit more to it, but that's most of it.

Last edited:

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Gah, I'm trying to come up with an idea for a challenge, but I can't. The few ideas I could come up with were already mentioned here... on the previous page, so I don't believe that I should even try them. Anybody have any ideas that I could use...?
If I'm right, there can only be one of each challenge going at once, right? What I mean by that is, if there's (for example) an Unevolved Challenge already going, I can't make one of my own? Even if there were differing rules or options or something?

EDIT: Well, I came up with SOMETHING, and I have no idea if it's been done before.
There's two, but they're basically one challenge.

In the first, you use Pokemon used by the evil team in the game that you're playing. When you have no gym badges, you use the Pokemon of the lowliest grunts there are. Once you have two badges, you may use Pokemon used by the stronger grunts. With four badges, the Pokemon of the Admins, and with 6, the Pokemon of the Team's Leader.

For example, if you're playing BW:
0 Badges - Grunt: Patrat/Purrloin/Sandile/Scraggy/Trubbish
2 Badges High Grunt: Watchog/Liepard/Krokorok/Krookodile/Scrafty/Garbador
4 Badges - Admin(Ghetsis): Cofagrigus/Boufallant/Seismitoad/Bisharp/Eelectross/Hydreigon
6 Badges - Leader(N): Pidove/ Timburr/ Tympole/ Darumaka/ Sigilyph/ Boldore/ Ferroseed/ Joltik/ Klink/ Carracosta/ Archeops/ Vanilluxe/ Zoroark

You will be able to use any and all Pokemon from past ranks, and anything in their evolutionary lines. If you want even more of a challenge, you could stick to using the first rank Pokemon and not their evolutions.

You may also do this by using the Pokemon of a single gym leader in your region. If you're playing GSC/HGSS, you may not use the Pokemon of a Kanto gym leader... unless you're doing a super easy mode.

There will be a little bit more to it, but that's most of it.

There was something similar to that without the ranking, and with more options: The Trainer Class Challenge.

Misc: Trainer Class Challenge Revived

Rules:

1. Each player must pick a trainer class and use the Pokemon associated with that class.

2. You may use your starter until you catch a Pokemon associated with your class. After you get a Pokemon in your class, you must box your starter if it's not associated with your class.

3. No Legendaries.

Note: The original first generation didn't feature dark or steel types. The remakes are recommended unless you want a more limited choice pool.

Classes:

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like the idea of a trainer class challenge. :) I'd totally participate. Dunno what game I'd use...probably Emerald. Also, super cool awesome announcement time! There will be an event next month! If you know what next month is and what it's associated with, I'm sure you can guess what type of event it is. Still working out some stuff on it, but it should be a good one, and a little more challenging than previous events. And in other news, I think I'm crazy. I'm playing FireRed, which is my least favorite game. I just don't understand myself atm. ;-;

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
There was something similar to that without the ranking, and with more options: The Trainer Class Challenge.

Misc: Trainer Class Challenge Revived

Rules:

1. Each player must pick a trainer class and use the Pokemon associated with that class.

2. You may use your starter until you catch a Pokemon associated with your class. After you get a Pokemon in your class, you must box your starter if it's not associated with your class.

3. No Legendaries.

Note: The original first generation didn't feature dark or steel types. The remakes are recommended unless you want a more limited choice pool.

Classes:

Spoiler:

So, is that still around, or would I be able to revive it and incorporate my idea from above?
With all of those trainer classes, there's a lot more to it, but it's also a bit less specific and sometimes less is more, right? Well, I can think about the idea and see what I come up with :3 Thanks for letting me know about that :D

@Sydian - Nope, no idea what you're talking about. Unless it has something to do with Holloween :S
But if it's a bit specific to the Challenge forms, I have absolutely no idea at all. Ima new to this section X3

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
So, is that still around, or would I be able to revive it and incorporate my idea from above?
With all of those trainer classes, there's a lot more to it, but it's also a bit less specific and sometimes less is more, right? Well, I can think about the idea and see what I come up with :3 Thanks for letting me know about that :D

@Sydian - Nope, no idea what you're talking about. Unless it has something to do with Holloween :S
But if it's a bit specific to the Challenge forms, I have absolutely no idea at all. Ima new to this section X3

Welcome to this neck of the woods, stranger. ^.^

The old thread was specifically for HGSS and their trainer classes around the time it came out, so it's old and locked. So yes, you can definitely revive this challenge and incorporate your idea (I like the idea of the tier system, just not exclusivity to Plasma). If you want less to manage, you can make the challenge for 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation (since the 3rd and 4th generation has the remakes), or just a specific generation and narrow down/combine a few classes (like, combining bug catcher/maniac with aroma lady, just have the combos make sense, lol) that may only use one type.

I wouldn't stick steadfast to just confining yourself to one trainer class. That would be too samey for some challengers since there's not a ton of variety in the Pokemon Plasma uses. It would be like the Eevolution challenge (where the player would have a team of eevolutions). There's only Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon, and Umbreon. With 8 choices, it's inevitable that some people will have similar or the same teams. That would be a boring thread to read.

And considering that next month is All Hallows Eve, it will most likely be a Halloween Challenge. Sydian's pretty much in charge of the larger scale challenges that usually corresponds to holidays (see my sig. one was St. Patrick's). They usually come with prizes (emblems for you profile), and they usually have a time limit (to the end of the month we're celebrating).

@Syd, maybe you're playing it for the nostalgia of Kanto but don't want the 8bit graphics? :pink_giggle:

Edit: I found patches of the following:
Red with Dark and Steel types
Gold & Silver that adds the Safari Zone w/ version exclusives (They couldn't add Safari zone in Crystal, so instead, they added the version exclusives of Gold/Silver back in their original routes.)

May I say: sweet!

Now I just need to find a non-Viet version of a translated Japanese Crystal.

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
What do you guys think of the idea of a Base Power Challenge? The idea is that you can only use moves with a low base power, say, 60 or lower. I might make this challenge after I finish up with my Gorebyss solo challenge if it hasn't already been made. This challenge would make multi-hit moves like Dual Chop and Double Kick rather useful.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Oh yeah,SYdian,will we have have a halloween challenge event? :3

:3c

@Syd, maybe you're playing it for the nostalgia of Kanto but don't want the 8bit graphics?

Love 8-bit though, so that can't be it. ;-;

What do you guys think of the idea of a Base Power Challenge? The idea is that you can only use moves with a low base power, say, 60 or lower. I might make this challenge after I finish up with my Gorebyss solo challenge if it hasn't already been made. This challenge would make multi-hit moves like Dual Chop and Double Kick rather useful.

FURY SWIPPPPESSS. Not a bad idea though. -keeps a vigilant eye out for said challenge-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back