• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I was lurking during last summer (mwahahahahahaha) and I remember there being a zombie Pokémon RP (the GM was a Munchlax XD). I'm pretty sure it died after the first couple of pages though.
That was Zeph., I believe. It sounds like him ;p I think that RP went quite well. Until it died.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
NEEDS MORE STUPID.

I'm serious, Adventure Time is stupid. It needs more ridiculous notions. I thought it said Princess Bubblegum and Marceline had a child together which I thought was great until I read it again.

RIDICULOUS NOTIONS. YES. GO.

Well, it is hard for me to come up with a good storyline/plot with all the stupidity of Adventure Time still intact. Tbh, I was kinda going in on an Adventure Time RP that has a more serious tone. STUPIDITY of A.T. + An RP = Bad storyline. I just can't get a good storyline with all of the stupidity and ridiculous notions in it.. I'm more of a serious GM though... =/

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

@ 徳清アキオ: I like the idea, I believe it could work.
+1!

Akio-kun- looks cool :) i would join that ^^

EDIT: akio-kun- thank you for nominating me in the RPA's :)
+1! You deserved it, or at least i thought so.

Lol I'm pretty sure something like this isn't allowed.

@Zerin (Gah, cba to c&p those japanese chars): It sounds like a good ol' fashioned zombie RP. I'm interested, not sure I'll join but I am definitely interested in seeing where this will go. Is it something similar to Resident Evil?
+1! Call me Akio. I guess it could be somewhat like Resident Evil. I was going for a more original idea (as far as zombie apocalypse goes, anyways) and I figured, "Hey, what if the humans gained super powers and went out to kill and eat Pokemon? Oh yeah, and players are pokemon." So, superhuman zombies versus slightly-less-powerful super animals. It will be Glorious.

Yeah, it's like a zombie RP that was made specifically with kinemortaphobics (such as myself) in mind. So yeah, it does sound interesting. Also, I like the fact that you play as pokemon rather than humans in this "human vs superhuman vs nature" type scenario.
+1! Yeah, I don't think anyone will play as humans, though they'll probably be NPCs that I'll control (however few there are) and possibly that players could control temporarily upon request.

+4! I do like this feedback, and I would still like more from anyone else who reads it.

Anyways, I'm thinking I might start working on this one, seeing as people seem to enjoy the themes of both Pokemon and Zombies.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I would like to formally withdraw myself once more from any voting in the member awards, including Best Roleplayer, Best Game Master, Best Sign-Up Writer, and any of the others. Please give others a chance to win.

Why, you're being so humble SV! Thanks for letting others have a chance! But... now I'm sad because I have no one to vote for best roleplayer.... D:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Why, you're being so humble SV! Thanks for letting others have a chance! But... now I'm sad because I have no one to vote for best roleplayer.... D:

Maybe you should open your eyes, take a closer look around this section and you'll find lots of good roleplayers worthy of a vote.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I was lurking during last summer (mwahahahahahaha) and I remember there being a zombie Pokémon RP (the GM was a Munchlax XD). I'm pretty sure it died after the first couple of pages though.

That was Pokezombies! Ahahaha I was a part of that. xD Though I guess it's one of my noob moments though, because I joined that as soon as I started RPing. It was pretty good fun and I loved the RP (even though we had some drama and stuff in between and stuff >_>;;)

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
After some time of stalking this thread, I've finally mustered enough guts to post an intro sort of thing. So, um, hello. :3 I'm pretty new to this forum but not to role-playing. I wish to improve my writing skills through RPs, so here I am. :D Anyway, will the casual RP that you guys were talking about still happen? Oh, and Akio? I'm interested in your RP as well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
After some time of stalking this thread, I've finally mustered enough guts to post an intro sort of thing. So, um, hello. :3 I'm pretty new to this forum but not to role-playing. I wish to improve my writing skills through RPs, so here I am. :D Anyway, will the casual RP that you guys were talking about still happen? Oh, and Akio? I'm interested in your RP as well.
Hi! Glad to see that a new face found her way here. The best way of improving your skills is to simply sign up for something and play until you get the hang of it. Most players here are helpful and nice, whether you are new or an oldie, so don't hesitate to ask if there is something you don't understand. If it's a general RP question, you can ask here. If it's a question about a specific RP, it's better to ask in that RPs OOC thread or to ask the GM directly.

Don't know if that casual thingy will kick off, but if you are looking for RPs to join, a good way is to check the latest posts in this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=245624&page=8 Subscribe to it, and you'll get notified when new roleplays come up :3

You can also take a look in this thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263823 to see what different kinds of RPs we have.

I hope you'll find something that suits you and that you will have fun around here.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
ShinyDiamond- Thanks for nominating me in the RPA's SD~ :)

Skittisheart- welcome to PC ^^ if you need any help i'd be glad to help you :)

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Nice to meet you. :) The best way to improve of course is to sign-up for any RPs. The Roleplay Lounge has many OOC RPs you can sign up for. I guess this is a short answer.

@PS: No problem! ^^

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years

Hi! Glad to see that a new face found her way here. The best way of improving your skills is to simply sign up for something and play until you get the hang of it. Most players here are helpful and nice, whether you are new or an oldie, so don't hesitate to ask if there is something you don't understand. If it's a general RP question, you can ask here. If it's a question about a specific RP, it's better to ask in that RPs OOC thread or to ask the GM directly.

Don't know if that casual thingy will kick off, but if you are looking for RPs to join, a good way is to check the latest posts in this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=245624&page=8 Subscribe to it, and you'll get notified when new roleplays come up :3

You can also take a look in this thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263823 to see what different kinds of RPs we have.

I hope you'll find something that suits you and that you will have fun around here.

Awesome, thank you for linking all those as well as for the useful information. ^^ I'm really looking forward to RP here!

Nice to meet you. :) The best way to improve of course is to sign-up for any RPs. The Roleplay Lounge has many OOC RPs you can sign up for. I guess this is a short answer.

No worries about the short answer: I usually do that, too. Anyway, thank you. ^^

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I thank Snivy for introducing you to this section. :D I'm also a regular here so you'll see me often here. Feel free to ask any of the RP regs here as well as read the stickies Rika provided, they are more than happy to help you out! :3 we're a really friendly bunch so no worries. :3 I look forward to see you RP :D

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hey there SkittishHeart! Welcome to the RP Corner! As for RPs you can just browse around and see if there are any you like. Like RHCP said, you can subscribe to the roleplay acceptance thread and find a new RP that way. Great to see a new face here!

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
So, would anyone be interested in the casual RP that was mentioned last page? If so, I have a few plot/setting ideas, (ALL OF THEM SUCK) which concentrate on character development and are platforms for experienced RP'ers to help new faces.

Idea 1 (Based on concepts of Harvest Moon)

The characters are set in a small village, where hard work is done by hand and the place is self sufficient. Replace the tractors, machines and power tools with hand tools, animal-controlled plows and simple devices. The people have some technology, like electricity. (Not used for farming, woodworking or anything else except lighting houses and businesses, and powering heating and cooling. Each character and NPC has a role to play (Take out the 'to' and you get roleplay, UCWHTIDIDTHER) in making the village self-sufficent and functioning well. The characters would be farmers, ranchers, woodworkers, fishermen, store owners etc. .

Idea 2:

The Characters here are in the world of Pokemon, throughout Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova (We would start in Kanto, then expand if enough interest is around) and play as the people of the Pokemon world, having lifestyles like trainers, breeders, Pokemon nurses, gym leaders, and etc. . You would be free to explore, not bound by a pushing towards a goal by your standard "evil teams" although you can still journey if you please. You can interact as teams, friends, posses and even form "evil teams" if you wish. The choice is up to the character.

Idea 3:

The characters start out by surviving a plane crash. The land on a un-settled island, the only presence being the animals that inhabit this tropical jungle above the ocean and you, the ones who survived the crash. All you have is what was on your person and the plane. Realizing that help may still be a long time away, you decide to create shelter on the island, hoping to survive until you found help. The characters would be normal people who have found themselves cast off. It is your responsibility as a group, or alone if you choose, to get enough to eat, enough water to drink, and get a shelter over your head.

Anyways, do you as the community think any of these would work? If so, which one(s)?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
So, would anyone be interested in the casual RP that was mentioned last page? If so, I have a few plot/setting ideas, (ALL OF THEM SUCK) which concentrate on character development and are platforms for experienced RP'ers to help new faces.

The characters are set in a small village, where hard work is done by hand and the place is self sufficient. Replace the tractors, machines and power tools with hand tools, animal-controlled plows and simple devices. The people have some technology, like electricity. (Not used for farming, woodworking or anything else except lighting houses and businesses, and powering heating and cooling. Each character and NPC has a role to play (Take out the 'to' and you get roleplay, UCWHTIDIDTHER) in making the village self-sufficent and functioning well. The characters would be farmers, ranchers, woodworkers, fishermen, store owners etc. .

Idea 2:

The Characters here are in the world of Pokemon, throughout Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova (We would start in Kanto, then expand if enough interest is around) and play as the people of the Pokemon world, having lifestyles like trainers, breeders, Pokemon nurses, gym leaders, and etc. . You would be free to explore, not bound by a pushing towards a goal by your standard "evil teams" although you can still journey if you please. You can interact as teams, friends, posses and even form "evil teams" if you wish. The choice is up to the character.

Idea 3:

The characters start out by surviving a plane crash. The land on a un-settled island, the only presence being the animals that inhabit this tropical jungle above the ocean and you, the ones who survived the crash. All you have is what was on your person and the plane. Realizing that help may still be a long time away, you decide to create shelter on the island, hoping to survive until you found help. The characters would be normal people who have found themselves cast off. It is your responsibility as a group, or alone if you choose, to get enough to eat, enough water to drink, and get a shelter over your head.

Anyways, do you as the community think any of these would work? If so, which one(s)?

Hey, the third one sounds like the Lords of the Flies RP you had brought up a few months ago!

Still really interested in that kind of RP, always love a good RP based around the concept of survival. The other ideas are good too, but the third one is the best imo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
HELLO! I'm the moderator of the Roleplay Corner and I welcome you with open arms! :D :D :D

Like dearest Red said, it's always great to see new faces and new talent! If you have any questions about anything, I'm usually the best person to ask, but I'm sure any of my lackeys are happy to help as well (like they've said ;D). And I'm a cool girl guy too so if you just want to talk about anything, y'know... *thumbs up*.

@WestsideConnection Harvest Moon RPs will probably never work, imho. Perhaps Rune Factory because they usually have an underlying storyline but Harvest Moon? Nooope. D:

*skulks back to homework*

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Idea 2:

Idea 3:

I like idea 2. It'd be like normal everyday life. & an RP with all regions, one at a time, who wouldn't wanna try that? :D I'd join that anytime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back