• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon True Story

Years
pkmntruestorybg4.png

Game Name : Pokémon True Story
Made with : RPG Maker and Pokemon Essentials
Team :
Imtheomega => Project Director, Scripter and Mapper
Zim => Mapper and Graphist

Introduction :

Hi. That's the first time I use RPG Maker. I decided to use the starter kit of Poccil to learn the basis of scripting.
As u will see, I'm a foreigner. I come from Belgium and my english could be better.
My mother language is French. So, french people read this, they can find the french thread of the game here.

For now, the game is it french, but I want to do an english version, so if someone wants to help me to translate it (I can do a first translation and the other person will have to correct it :p), he is welcome.

Anyway, here is the game I've started during february.

Story :

Well, I think all is in the title. I'm creating a game with the true story of pokemon, like in the anime if u prefer.
So, Ash will receive his first pokemon, Pikachu. He will met Misty while trying to escape from spearows. After, he will met Brock and he will have to gain his first badge.

Everyone here certainly knows the story of Pokemon, so I will not go in the details ;).
I dont know yet where it will end. There will be the region of Kanto and if it advances well, there will be other regions but it will always follow the story of the anime.

Screenshots :
Spoiler:

Other images will come.

Features :

Will come soon.

About the graphisms :

I just want to say that the new graphisms in the game are opensource. U can use it in your game, but please, before doing it, ask if u can use it. The answer will be yes, but that's only to be polite ;p.
And, obviously, dont claim it's yours...
Thank u.

Demo and videos :

Demo : here
Introduction video : here

Progress :

-Palet Town (done)
-Viridian City (done)
-Viridian Forest (done)
-Pewter City (will come soon)

Credits :

Peter O. and Flameguru
Wichu for his helps for some of my scripts problems
Ludo67 who answered to a lot of my questions at the beggining
http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/pokemon/
OmegaGroudon for a minigame
Team4G for the introduction's script that I modified for Pokemon Essentials

Wanted :

Graphists, spriters

I'm scripting, but some help is always welcome. But the most important is the graphists and spriters.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

progress can go along as slow as it needs to. >=(

looks good, i like the battle system look

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Cool, a day and night system. Good luck on this.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
This looks good, the only thing i would change is the size of Pikachu, he could do with been a little bigger.

DiggorysGremlin

Screw Pokemon. Facepunch ftw.
Years
It looks good! If/When you translate it into English, I can help kink out the grammar if you want.I know a BIT of french too, since I've got a Belgian passport, and my dad comes from there, so that could help/.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
It will be a good game.
But the pikachu sprite, it will mess up when you change the resolution into smaller.
You could try to fix it.

Years
Well, for the pikachu, it was a choice for the proportions. But that's right I didn't tought about the change of rezolution. I will perhaps change it to a bigger sprite, but not too big.

Edit : I also put u in the credits, the minigame is not in this demo but that's not a reason :p.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
The ideas in the game are really good. I really like your ideas. The story also sounds great. Well good luck!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Well, even though I can't understand it, it looks great. How did you get the intro animated though?

Years
Well, even though I can't understand it, it looks great. How did you get the intro animated though?

There is nothing to understand for now : it is not the final introduction, it was just to see if it worked. I will modify it later, when I will get better images like a walking Ash, a walking Misty,...

And for the how I did it :

Actually, I saw that a team using another starterkit, the Pokemon Script Project (PSP), had made an intro. They permit everybody to download their version of PSP, but men need to give credits.
When I saw it, I decided to adapt it for Pokemon Essentials. So here it is ;).

To explain how it works in a few words, I would say that the player is teleported to a map on wich there is an intro event. It is very simple if u compare to the script used on Pokemon Essentials to show the two "title screens" (the reference to Pokemon Essentials and the title).

Years
Sorry, I have not given news for some days. I'm doing the english translation of my events, so an english version of the demo will be available soon.

Waudby

You will probably need to double the size of the pikachu sprites RMXP uses a bigger spriteset than rm2k3 and by the looks of things the pikachu is rm2k3.

Back