• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

You have to change location for the season to change.

IE: If you saved in a Pokemon Center, your game will keep saying Autumn until you leave.

Also, the snow is not everywhere. It is mostly around Icchirus (spelling?) City and Twist Mountain.

Adding to that there's also hail in Mistralton and weather effects in Driftveil. :)

I finally reached Black City today and I read that there's supposed to be at least 12 residents and a market somewhere I guess. But...my Black City is completely empty except for the Pokemon Center T^T

Where exactly is everyone?

That's probably because you took too long to reach Black City and as a result, the people there just disappear. To get people back, connect with someone over the extralink who has a White copy and access their White Forest in order for you to gain people in Black City.~

M kingkong M

Sonny Digital
Years
ok i bought an action replay and i need it to use the IV/EV checker but it doesn't seem to be working it says hold L while entering the pokemon's status is the status the summary? or do i have the wrong code?

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2021
Is the GTS working fine? I can connect to the wi-fi, but when I try to check the GTS summary, it says connection error, i've tried resetting my internet, and it obviously works as i can connect in the first place, but I don't know what the problem is.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Can someone explain what pokemon natures are and what effect they have? I dont quite understand what they are meant to do...
They cause a pokemon to gain 10% more points in one stat, and 10% less in another. For example, a pokemon with a jolly nature would have 10% higher speed and 10% lower sp. atk. If you look closely at your pokemon's stats ingame, you'll notice how one stat might be lightly highlighted in red, and the other in blue. The one in red is the stat being increased, and the one in blue is being decreased.
But some natures don't change anything. Here's the listing of natures and what they change.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

My question: Where is the guy who buys balm mushrooms? I found one for the first time and it says a maniac will buy them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
ok i bought an action replay and i need it to use the IV/EV checker but it doesn't seem to be working it says hold L while entering the pokemon's status is the status the summary? or do i have the wrong code?

This thread isn't for action replay help, try Google!

176StantonStreet

Little Mons†er
Years
Quick Question! Since I don't have a WEP wifi connection, does that mean I will never be able to do anything on Nintendo WFC until I get a new connection? ):

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Quick Question! Since I don't have a WEP wifi connection, does that mean I will never be able to do anything on Nintendo WFC until I get a new connection? ):

Unless you buy a DSi if you have a WPA connection... nope.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I have the Collector's Edition Pokemon White DSi.. though I have WPA2-PSK (AES) connection, so still no?

You'll be able to use WPA connection on a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS. Just go the the Settings menu on the home screen and select the Internet Settings and find your access point and type in your WPA key.

176StantonStreet

Little Mons†er
Years
You'll be able to use WPA connection on a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS. Just go the the Settings menu on the home screen and select the Internet Settings and find your access point and type in your WPA key.

I realize this though, I have to use the "Advanced Setup" because I have the connection encrypted and that's the only setting that gives the ability to type in a password. According to the Nintendo site it says that...
Do not use the "Advanced Setup" configuration, as this is not compatible with online multiplayer gaming.
So.. I'm stumped here -_-

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I realize this though, I have to use the "Advanced Setup" because I have the connection encrypted and that's the only setting that gives the ability to type in a password. According to the Nintendo site it says that...

So.. I'm stumped here -_-

You can used the Advanced Setup with DSi Enhanced games such as BW though, so you should be fine. That's what I did on my 3DS.

176StantonStreet

Little Mons†er
Years
You can used the Advanced Setup with DSi Enhanced games such as BW though, so you should be fine. That's what I did on my 3DS.

I don't have the "Enhanced" version of the game. :/
I've now tried going through and re-connecting to my wifi, and the connection test was a success. When I click the "Nintendo WFC Settings" option on the Pokemon White menu it says..
Please configure your connection settings under the Internet option in the System Settings.

BUT! Even with all these issues I WAS able to receive the Victini event through Mystery Gift's Nintendo WFC option! I am so confused.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2011
E4

the elite 4 has been extremely hard for me and all my pokes are at least level 43 i mean ive got type advantage but its still hard can anyone help

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2012
Is it possible to get an Adamant Tirtouga? I've been trying forever soft-resetting to get one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back