• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone Else Hate Castelia City?

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
At first I disliked trying to find my way around, however I just got used to it, it seems overwhelming at first but then you appreciate it (I did anyway).

Mentalii

Back
Years
Hey, it's one of my favourite city :pink_disbelief:
I'm surprised that so many of you don't like it at all. Ok, I admit that the difficulty to find in which buildings we can enter or not is very annoying. But it's actually the city I enjoyed the most to go all over it, precisely to discover each little place, each little road, and so on.
Its design is just awesome. Really, a delight for the eyes. Just for this reason, I don't mind if I don't in which building I can go, just running across the city is enough for me, just to contemplate the place.
Of course, it has negative points but... For once we have a so beautiful town, I won't complain about them, they don't disturb me at all.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
Actually i think Castelia is pretty cool even though it's hard to find stuff. Nintendo did a great job posing it after Manhattan

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
When i first play through pokemon white i hated how castelia city turned out, but oh no not because its ugly but because of navigation i bumped into so many things i deserved one of b2/w2s medals
But my second playthrough i fell in love with castelia and i completly forgot about navigating the layout is very simple to memorize. I was so good at memorizing the city that i now know it like the back of my hand

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
If I do go there, it's to try and cut off the people running up and down that street for as long as possible.

Bahahaha I do that too! That was one of my favourite hobbies - racing the people up the street and then darting across to cut them off and make them late for work :P

I don't hate the city though; I think it's a cool original concept for a Pokemon city. Maybe it's not perfect, but it's a stepping stone to perfect it for future games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Actually getting in the way of those people was one of the most fun things in the Castelia City. I think it added realism to the city, so for an "experimental" city that actually helped make it more appealing. That and the whole line for the Casteliacone helped make the city more interesting imo.

Calvolt

Finely tuned machine
Years
I thought Castelia was pure eye candy. It was beautiful looking, and I loved how the pedestrians just walked around there occasionally saying things. They did a heck of a job making that city. I can agree that the city's a pain to get around, but if you can remember key landmarks of the city and what street it's on, navigating the city becomes loads easier. :pink_wink:

Years
Yes I did hate Castelia, and for pretty stupid reasons. One, the speech bubbles from the passing people was annoying. There were so many buildings I couldn't find where I wanted to go. I'm pretty sure the Name Rater is somewhere in that city too. Finally, the music is sooo annoying there. I don't know why, but I just hate it.

I'm such a hater haha.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yes I did hate Castelia, and for pretty stupid reasons. One, the speech bubbles from the passing people was annoying. There were so many buildings I couldn't find where I wanted to go. I'm pretty sure the Name Rater is somewhere in that city too. Finally, the music is sooo annoying there. I don't know why, but I just hate it.

I'm such a hater haha.
He's actually one of the easy ones to find. In the part leading into the Route 4 gatehouse, very first building coming FROM the gatehouse, on the bottom floor.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oh is that the road where the people aren't like all running?
No, that's either the alley-type road or the one where the Gym is. Those are the two without hordes of people.

You know where Route 4 is? Go to the gatehouse at the south end. Exit into the city. Look on the left. First entrance heading into the city.

Me, I like the concept of showing a big city like this, but it seems out of place for a Pokémon game. If you think something is lacking, it probably got left behind to add a big city needing lots of memory to store.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
I really loved Castelia city in fact its probably my favorite city in all of pokemon games because it just added so much to the game the 3d effects were really good for a ds game and i thought that since there was a lot to do that it made it more fun it reminded me of the capital city in the hunger games but maybe a bit smaller

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
It's my favorite Pokemon city concept-wise. It's the large metropolis (which I like) with a distinctly urban feel, and the feeling of being swallowed up by the crowds and skyscrapers is very similar to the real life Manhattan/Times Square, which I've visited as recently as this past April.

However, navigating it can be a total pain. Entrances to buildings aren't always clear, the zoom-outs can be annoying, and the streets (aside from Narrow Street) are so similar that it's easy to end up going down the wrong one. Of course, the real life Manhattan can be just as confusing in real life, but from a gameplay prspective it's still a bother.

So yeah, Castelia City - I love the atmosphere, but I don't like navigating it when I have a particular destination in mind.

Back