• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
We saw Fennekin use Psybeam in one of the trailers so it is Possible, Plus Fennekin looks like it will be a Fire/psychic.

They've never shown fennekin using Psybeam in all of the trailers currently available on both the english and japanese sites. And Fennekin doesn't look like any specific type as they don't have defined looks for any of them.

Fennekin's body doesn't show any attributes to indicate it being psychic. If Fennekin can use Psychic attacks, well so can a large amount of non-psychic type Pokemon. If Fennekin's evolutions are part psychic then we'll see a definite change to the body in the art to try and emulate a physical relation to Psychic Pokemon. Other than that there is as much hints to Fennekin being Psychic as there was Tepig being Dark.

Right now there is no supporting proof. Psychic is still a TM (Nothing shown says otherwise and the book on Amazon says that TMs and HMs still exist.) and Fennekin learning a TM isn't that impressive.

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
Years
They've never shown fennekin using Psybeam in all of the trailers currently available on both the english and japanese sites. And Fennekin doesn't look like any specific type as they don't have defined looks for any of them.

Fennekin's body doesn't show any attributes to indicate it being psychic. If Fennekin can use Psychic attacks, well so can a large amount of non-psychic type Pokemon. If Fennekin's evolutions are part psychic then we'll see a definite change to the body in the art to try and emulate a physical relation to Psychic Pokemon. Other than that there is as much hints to Fennekin being Psychic as there was Tepig being Dark.

Right now there is no supporting proof. Psychic is still a TM (Nothing shown says otherwise and the book on Amazon says that TMs and HMs still exist.) and Fennekin learning a TM isn't that impressive.
However this would be the first starter, fire or otherwise to learn it by TM or levelling.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't think it being able to learn a TM for Psychic is any sort of proof that it is Psychic typed though. A whole plethora of things can learn it that aren't Psychic type. Just because it's the first Fire starter to learn it doesn't mean anything either. If it can learn it then it learns it, nothing else to it. It's very well possible it could be a secondary Psychic type though, but there's no definitive proof for it currently.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Though curiously, I would like for Fennekin's type to remain Fire even throughout it's final evolution. That would be the first time something like that has happened since Typhlosion. Of course, we have Victini in UU to prove that Fire/Psychic isn't a terrible typing seeing as it's pretty formidable in it's own right, but yeah.

Victini has 600 bst and flat 100s across the board. If he weren't a legendary Pokemon and something with 400ish bst he'd be NU. Coverage wise its fairly bad and if your individual stats did not carry you through, you'd be crap. Legends get high tiers on stats alone more than half the time. If they drop to sub-par its because of horrible moves or abilities/outclassed by another similar legend. BST of 600 almost guarantees a high spot no matter how bad the type may be.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Victini has 600 bst and flat 100s across the board. If he weren't a legendary Pokemon and something with 400ish bst he'd be NU. Coverage wise its fairly bad and if your individual stats did not carry you through, you'd be crap. Legends get high tiers on stats alone more than half the time. If they drop to sub-par its because of horrible moves or abilities/outclassed by another similar legend. BST of 600 almost guarantees a high spot no matter how bad the type may be.
You've got a point there, just look at Celebi...has one of the worst type combos but is OU. Though sometimes even stats don't help if one lacks a good moveset, just look at Black Kyurem, one needs a mix of the two.
Hopefully Fennekin's final will be a Fire/Psychic or a Fire/Ground and have a diverse moveset (unlike Serperior), and a useful Hidden Ability if they come back.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
We have a new rumor regarding new Pokemon. This time, it's from 2chan involving this month's CoroCoro. According to the rumor, these are our new Pokemon who will be revealed alongside of Honedge:

パンプラ(草ゴースト) Panpura (Grass/Ghost) a Pumpkin-like Pokemon
ヨツルン(氷格闘)Yotsurun (Ice/Fighting) A giant-like pokemon with a special move called "ice hammer"
ショーマイ(水虫) Shohmai (Water/Bug)
ミュージー(エスパー) Myuujii (psyshic) Posibly a previously leaked name of Meowstick by pokebeach.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Only reason I may not believe the new rumor is because I'm not expecting anything but Movie info in this CoroCoro...Which means I expect more info on Mewtwo, Sylveon and Fairy Type since all three are related to the new Movie that airs in 4 days.

Pokejungle's version of the translated info seems a little bit different.

Panpura (Grass/Ghost) – Pumpkin ghost Pokemon, may be based on a Jack 'O Lantern, likes to prank and uses Astonish
Yotsurun (Ice/Fighting) – Giant with a horn, uses the move Ice Hammer
Syoomai (Water/Bug) – Snail-like evolution of Shellos which gains an actual shell
Myuujii (Psychic) – Pokemon based on a quarter note which has a move or ability called Battle Melody which lowers opponent's stats and raises user's

Myuujii being a Music note is different than Meowstick and Espurr which were supposedly cats.
Syoomai is said to be a Shellos evo which I find to be cool.

Still don't expect them to be real, but I do like these four supposed Pokemon so far.

Last edited:
Years
I have to say, these rumored Pokemon look pretty fun. The Jack-o-lantern one has a really awesome type combination. Grass/Ghost would make it not be weak to Poison or Bug which seems fun but the weaknesses are pretty wide - Fire, Ice, Flying, Dark and Ghost. Can't wait to see if it does turn out real.

But that Ice/Fighting-type looks pretty awesome as far as type combinations go. Pretty unusual mix but at least it would lack a Stealth Rock weakness which seems to troll a lot of Ice Pokemon bar the Swinub line. And a new Shellos evolution would look fun, I wonder if they'll implement the two color differences on that as well.

Even if it is not confirmed real, it does look pretty awesome though.

Years
I have to say, these rumored Pokemon look pretty fun. The Jack-o-lantern one has a really awesome type combination. Grass/Ghost would make it not be weak to Poison or Bug which seems fun but the weaknesses are pretty wide - Fire, Ice, Flying, Dark and Ghost. Can't wait to see if it does turn out real.

But that Ice/Fighting-type looks pretty awesome as far as type combinations go. Pretty unusual mix but at least it would lack a Stealth Rock weakness which seems to troll a lot of Ice Pokemon bar the Swinub line. And a new Shellos evolution would look fun, I wonder if they'll implement the two color differences on that as well.

Even if it is not confirmed real, it does look pretty awesome though.
Also the Jack-o-lantern will be immune to normal and fighting moves ;) and basically that number of weaknesses is the same as a plain grass type so it's not that bad. Also having ghost will give it stab for Ghost moves! Give it Levitate and it'll have three resistances. Or maybe a new ability like fire absorb in which it absorbs Fire moves which would eliminate it's fire weakness!

Years
Also the Jack-o-lantern will be immune to normal and fighting moves ;) and basically that number of weaknesses is the same as a plain grass type so it's not that bad. Also having ghost will give it stab for Ghost moves! Give it Levitate and it'll have three resistances. Or maybe a new ability like fire absorb in which it absorbs Fire moves which would eliminate it's fire weakness!

I'd like to see how well its movepool comes out the fact Jack-o-lanterns have candles in them. Maybe it might get some Fire moves and Will-O-Wisp, which almost every Ghost seems to be able to learn. Levitate would be pretty cool to see on it, or even a Fire variant of Water/Volt Absorb that isn't Flash Fire. That would easily get rid of one of its most annoying weaknesses.

Years
So many possibilities...I'm hoping it's true, I've been wanting a Grass/Ghost Pokémon since I played Platinum and had Gardenia tell me she's afraid of ghosts but wouldn't know what to do if there were a Grass/Ghost one xD.

Years
The only problem is that a Jack-'O-Lantern Pokemon could legitimately be any combination of Grass/Ghost/Fire. It would still be really cool either way. I hope it's real.

And I hope that the Ice/Fighting one will be a Yeti-ish Pokemon, moreso than Abomasnow was.

Years
I think the Jack o' Lantern Pokemon would better fit as Grass/Ghost. I honestly want something more clever than a Jack o' Lantern for a unique Grass/Fire type.

Years
I hadn't noticed there have been no officially revealed dark types yet (Yvetal's typing isn't confirmed yet.) Hopefully we'll get one...maybe an evolution of mightyena?

I was thinking the Ice/Fighting could be based off the ice giants of norse myth.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I don't think that an evolution of Mightyena will happen by any chance. All the Pokemon introduced early in the generations such as Rattata, Patrat and Poochyena can't have a third evolution. I hope there will be a Dark-type (or a Ghost-type) that learns Rapid Spin, as it can take on Ghosts whilst spinning away hazards on other Pokemon.

For an Ice-type I was thinking of a musk ox, and have stats similar to that of Bouffalant's. It's probably not going to help competitively due to it's Ice typing, but it's an idea.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
At the new Pokemon thread, I listed a Jack-o-Lantern as one of the things I like to see as a Pokemon for XY, and if this rumor turns out to be true, I have so called it!

A Grass/Ghost type Jack-o-Lantern will be pretty much a great Pokemon to use with access to Fire moves, which other Grass types lack, to rid of Steel types in the metagame.

At the new Pokemon thread, I listed a Jack-o-Lantern as one of the things I like to see as a Pokemon for XY, and if this rumor turns out to be true, I have so called it!

A Grass/Ghost type Jack-o-Lantern will be pretty much a great Pokemon to use with access to Fire moves, which other Grass types lack, to rid of Steel types in the metagame.

Last edited:

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
I don't understand why people keep judging Pokémon only by their types. It just doesn't make sense to me after watching so many Abomasnow in the Pokémon US VGC finals. Abomasnow has only 494 BST and is a Grass/Ice type (a pretty crappy combination), but it still managed to get a place in the team of some of the best players. Pretty much any Pokémon can be good, as long as it is raised and used the right way.

Back