• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
Years
I second this. I believe duncan "ate" me in that parody. XD

Did I? I forget...

Anyway, how about a new topic?

Do you have a particular favorite part of a fic you've written?

For me...it was the end of the second Blazing Dreams saga. Although as I look back, it wasn't nearly as well written as it could have been now, but it was something about that that really made me proud.

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
Years
A running falling gag I have in my Fraggle Rock fanfic about a waxed floor...
It is corny, but most muppet humor is anyway ;)
Oops, did you mean just pokemon fanfics? :)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016

Man. I enjoyed writing these two chapters of my fic: VS. Spiritomb and VS. Unown.

I mainly love Spiritomb because the battle was intense and descriptive. Spiritomb was uber strong and nothing seemed to be able to defeat it. And then out of nowhere, it gets frozen from behind by the protagonist's Prinplup.

As far as future favorite parts, I think I'll enjoy VS. Lucario of my fic. It will be a very emotional chapter for me since I'm writing it. The chapter will be a three-part, full Pokemon Team battle between an intelligent, but stubborn son and an equally intelligent, but stubborn father.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yep. :) Most scenes which involve Miror B are favourite and fun scenes to write, escpically in the last chapter. Some other ones include the first seen with a character called 'Tom', who was unnamed at that stage. But generally I quite enjoy writing most parts of my fics, as I quite enjoy doing comedy, and my fic mostly contains that. :) But those stand out more than others, particularly as Miror B is such a great character IMO. :)

There's one scene which I am looking forward to writing in a few chapters time at most, as I have everything thought out in my head. I wonder how readers will take it though...

Bay

Years

There's one scene posted in "Nothing, Everything" in which Bunny suddenly got mad at Jenny for calling her a few nicknames. ^^ There's also another one, but it isn't posted yet.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I just realized bobandbill has a typo in his signature. o.o It says "Why DID We blow up Team Snagem's base?"

It's pretty much anytime I get really in-character with whatever character I'm writing about. The thoughts just flow and it just feels so...surreal. It's also when I do my best writing, and have written some rather strange passages. But they're so heartfelt.

You would get examples, but the last time I tried to respond to this question with the examples, the forums ate my post. D=

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I just realized bobandbill has a typo in his signature. o.o It says "Why DID We blow up Team Snagem's base?"
Ehh... what typo? *whistles, pretending he didn't just fix it*.
Gah, must have occured when I recently gave it a minor update (minor rewording - probably hit backspace one time too many). Probably also reflects the amount of mistakes I make in my fic... ;) Stiil - it DID attract attention to my sig and banner, heh. Thanks for that. :)

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Um...hi, I was just wondering, I've been working on a story for almost two months now that I was planning on finishing in half that time. Anyway, is there some place I could maybe submit it so that others could look over it and possibly give suggestions, since I'm having trouble finishing it. Or should I just keep at it til my block finally passes? ^^;

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years

Fav of MP: When the group finally meets the main villain face to face, it is revealed to them that someone who they had been traveling with was a bad guy and actually led them to the villain.

Fav of P:SN: When the group gets chased out of town by a stampede of Pokemon, which was organized by a Hariyama, who was sort of a Pokemon mob boss. XD

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
Years
Um...hi, I was just wondering, I've been working on a story for almost two months now that I was planning on finishing in half that time. Anyway, is there some place I could maybe submit it so that others could look over it and possibly give suggestions, since I'm having trouble finishing it. Or should I just keep at it til my block finally passes? ^^;

Well...you could always post it in the main forum, but you just need a couple of opinions, do you? I don't think there's any place for something like that, so unless you'd like to send it to a couple of people you know, might want to just wait for the block to pass. Good luck.

Fav of MP: When the group finally meets the main villain face to face, it is revealed to them that someone who they had been traveling with was a bad guy and actually led them to the villain.

Fav of P:SN: When the group gets chased out of town by a stampede of Pokemon, which was organized by a Hariyama, who was sort of a Pokemon mob boss. XD

O_O Could that possible be the spoiler I've been trying to get out of you?

ShadowHoundoom

Shade isn't what he seems...
Years

Not yet. Although I think I'll have a ball writing Chapter Six of Hellgar. I swear upon the hallowed legacy of Moltres that the idea literally was a dream. Every night after I finish a chapter I dream up the next chapter. Which leads me to ask...

Have you ever had dreams at night of what your story should contain next?

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
Years

Not myself, but several friends of mine draw a lot of inspiration from their dreams. I know occasionally I'll have a good idea, but by morning I'll forget the main point of it. ._.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Good news: chapter two of "Thief in the Night" is FINALLY done.

Bad news: I haven't been able to post it due to some sort of technical difficulties, so I have no idea when you guys will actually get to see it. :p

However, it did give me an answer to an earlier question.

Have you ever planned out a scene in advance only to have it become something totally different when you actually wrote it?

Yes. The whole second chapter was supposed to be Gale breaking out of jail, but that completely changed halfway through, and then I introduced a new character I hadn't even had in mind when the story began, and, and, and....

I think I'd better stop before I need to add spoiler text. 0.o

Edit: Oh, nevermind, it actually showed up. Wow, that was cool. On to the fanfic announcement thread, where most of this should have gone in the first place!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Ehh... what typo? *whistles, pretending he didn't just fix it*.
Must have been my imagination. XD

Good news: chapter two of "Thief in the Night" is FINALLY done.
Holy Ra!

Indeed I have. I would just be dreaming about my characters doing something, and the whole thing would be so vivid that I would remember it when I wake up. So then I lie in bed and keep replaying it over and over so I don't forget it.

Also had the beginning of a fic appear to me in a dream. That was weird because I could see it in writing and actually play out.

Have you ever planned out a scene in advance only to have it become something totally different when you actually wrote it?
Well, yes. There were times when my characters do something unexpected. But that's because I give them free reign as to what they can do in the story. I don't force them do to what I want.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Dude. I hate my school. I'm grounded for the rest of the school year...so I can't read any freakin' fics. I've got people writing PokeSpe fics...that I can't read!! ;-; -kicks school computer-

But, I thought I'd go ahead and answer a topic...and this is blocking page 231...so forgive me for being late.

What are your opinions on parodies?

Well, as long as I know what's being parodied, then of course I'll like it.

If somebody parodied country songs...I wouldn't get it at all...

That's sad...livin' in the south n' all. Jus ain't right, ya know?

And them weren't no typos, neither.

Pssh.

Ah. I'll have to say...that it hasn't come yet. But so far, I'll say that my favorite was when, after hearing what my friend said, was that Gold wasn't wearing any pants. It's kind of a running gag now.

She thought it said his pants draped over his back when it said they draped over his black Converse...so she thought he wasn't wearing any pants.

In seriousness, I'll say...when Blue tells him...he's just a brother.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years

Ah. I'll have to say...that it hasn't come yet. But so far, I'll say that my favorite was when, after hearing what my friend said, was that Gold wasn't wearing any pants. It's kind of a running gag now.

She thought it said his pants draped over his back when it said they draped over his black Converse...so she thought he wasn't wearing any pants.

In seriousness, I'll say...when Blue tells him...he's just a brother.

I still think that's hilarious- the whole "missing an 'L'" bit making Gold into an exhibitionist, I mean. Hmm... I wonder if Gray from Fairy Tail would enjoy spending time with him? *totally not making a manga reference*

As for your "Holy Ra" comment, Astinus.... "REAL CHAPTERS!" "Actually, they're just long lines of text created to ressurect a dead fic and possibly attract some sort of reviewer before the monthly deadline runs out and the fic turns into a zombie again." *totally not going overboard with an Abridged Series reference*

Well, now I can answer yet another question. Must be my lucky day! *does the Chansey dance*

Gale's flight from the tower was my favorite part of the fic. Not so much the battle scene, which was kind of obligatory and meant to show off Gale's team for the first chapter, and also to lend credibility to the character- he runs out of ammunition, his plans don't work, he gets in trouble, and he's kind of a lousy strategist who loses his head in combat for a few minutes there, though the narration I've been using doesn't make it hugely obvious. The part where he's flying away through the air and the Skarmory show up was, like, THE defining moment of the story. After I wrote it I was like, "wait a minute, I could definitely do something with this if I kept at it."

Just a random comment, but anyone meaning to comment on Thief in the Night- what do you think of Gale? I mean, I'm wondering whether he's starting to look a little shallow/stu-ish, which is partly my fault because I chose a form of narration where it's hard to look inside the character's head and show their development.

*totally not advertising my fanfiction because I'm in a euphoria that I actually wrote out a mess of text and passed it off as chapter tw-*shot'ed**

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years

This has been a lifesaver a couple of times.I remember for my first fic, I dreamed up enough material to write up five chapters (of course, I forgot some stuff).

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
Years
No, I haven't. I've got the skeleton and quite a few details planned out in my head for my story, and all of it has come to me while I was awake. :P It would be interesting to see if dreams could give me anything useful, though.

Luphinid Silnaek

MAGNEMITE.
Years
To say I have one particular scene is to be terribly unfair to Aftershock; but there is a certain general sort of scene which occurs often throughout regions of the story that have only began to be posted on these forums. At the risk of minor spoilers, these are scenes in which a character experience a sort of glitch in the coding of the universe and enters a stream-of-consciousness experience with very entertaining-to-write psycho-metaphysical things happening. I do not pick favourites among the various times I've done something of this nature, for I am a good mother. *nods*

Twice, I have had conceptions come to me in dream form: chapter seven of Aftershock, which is arguably the pivotal chapter of the entire story, and a certain one-shot which I have not posted here yet. In both cases the dream did not help me along the path of an existing fiction, but rather give me entirely new ideas for new fictions. I really don't like these sort of conceptions, because my dreams are usually deformed caricatures of themes of my own life and unsuitable for expansion into full stories. It's rather like having a monkey try and piece together chemicals to form an ovum and implanting this inside someone's womb and expecting a happy healthy baby to come out. You get such fine things as Aftershock and a fragment of absurdity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back