• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

To be fair Ichigo's character doesn't really allow for much variety. Lots of "huuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaa" and "GEEEEEEEETSUGAA TENNNNNNNNNNSHOUUUUU" but not a lot else.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

You should still watch the English dubbed version of Ghost Stories though, Pokey.

Doesn't a debate require people to be on different sides? This appears to be a discussion which has wandered into the territory of voice acting.

Melody

Banned
Years

It doesn't have to be a debate perse, but this subject often does blossom into a lively discussion for sure~

Personally I treat Subs & Dubs of the same show as a functionally similar but different show. Kind of like when a show is made by it's original studio and then is remade say, 10 years later by another studio that puts another spin on it.

With that assumption in mind, I don't believe either subs or dubs are better. It truly depends on the show. Some shows have a more enjoyable dub, some have the more enjoyable sub. Even despite the fact that I may have a personal preference for one over the other for practical reasons, I don't believe that anyone who argues passionately over this topic really understands things, and they're missing out on otherwise great anime. Sometimes re-watching the anime in the other format is quite enjoyable, and it brings more nuance to the series overall...regardless of how enjoyable you find it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Ghost Stories is an awful anime but the English dubbing studio got permission to rewrite the script. They basically turned it into it's own abridged series.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I've only seen one episode for the dub for Ghost Stories. I love how they basically threw the original script out the window and made it hilarious. XD One of the few dubs where something like that's acceptable cause it took a boring story and made it funny.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I also haven't had one since my ps3 drive broke. Still hasn't stopped mr=e buying bluray discs though.

Been thinking about picking up a cheap one recently but I dunno. Might just save for a shiny new laptop with one inbuilt.

Rock Lee, Gintama and Moe Tanks ending this week. Time to kill myself. ;___;

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

That being said I remember them announcing that it would end after the first year. 213 epsides and films have happened since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back